Down 109 lbs in a year (first pics ever)

Options

Replies

• Jendegeorge
    Options
    WOW! Amazing story. I know how a bad childhood can affect someone the rest of their lives. It's great that you overcame so much. You realized your true worth, and that's the greatest gift of all. WTG!!

Not to sound preachy but honestly my internal health came first and came after a long time of self-destruction. It was my spirituality that finally made me realize the gift of life wasn't from my horrid parent, but from my heavenly father. He gave me a gift and I was slowly killing it. I may never feel I deserve good things, but my God deserves good from the gift He gave me.

So here I am. Self-loathing aside, I'm gonna keep trying to behave. :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • dedogreen
    dedogreen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your story has inspired me to not give up!! You look amazing and I am glad you made that change, no you can keep up with you kids. That's one of the reasons, I am trying to loose weight to I can live a long life!
    Congratulations!
  • kberkley78
    kberkley78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Congrats on your achievements!
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats such a beautiful person:-)!
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! You look good!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Super Duper Congrats! :D
  • Getit_Simpson
    Getit_Simpson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Woo hoo! you go girl!
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    wow what an incredible inspiration you are
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, keep up the good work.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    In a nutshell...awesome. Congratulations on finding the strength to succeed!
  • ladybugs98a
    ladybugs98a Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! : )
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the changes you have made! That is awesome and very inspiring. I have a lot of weight to lose myself, and this makes it seem completely possible.
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    WOW! Amazing story. I know how a bad childhood can affect someone the rest of their lives. It's great that you overcame so much. You realized your true worth, and that's the greatest gift of all. WTG!!

Not to sound preachy but honestly my internal health came first and came after a long time of self-destruction. It was my spirituality that finally made me realize the gift of life wasn't from my horrid parent, but from my heavenly father. He gave me a gift and I was slowly killing it. I may never feel I deserve good things, but my God deserves good from the gift He gave me.

So here I am. Self-loathing aside, I'm gonna keep trying to behave. :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :happy:

So glad you found your hope in the Lord! Was wondering if you could let me in on some of your daily meals and snacks? Especially right at the start of your journey. That's where I am with lots of weight to lose.
  • b3c5yc
    b3c5yc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • MrsBassPlayer
    MrsBassPlayer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Is there any food group you eliminated altogether? How did your eating habits change?
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    Amazing! Is there any food group you eliminated altogether? How did your eating habits change?

Since this isn't a diet but my permanent change, I can't imagine eliminating something forever from my life. I'll have one of my kids' french fries, just for the flavor. I'll have a handful of chips with a beer on a rare occasion (hello...super bowl!). I'll have a tiny bite of my son's new flavor of Blue Bell icecream....lemon bliss the other night.

But I try to take a TASTE and let it linger on my tongue until it's coated my tongue so thoroughly that I want to swallow and then be content. The flavor is the important thing...I mean lets be honest, the first bite is always the best....the next 150 we don't remember inhaling, right? <LOL>

So I eat everything, but naughty things rarely. I never eat a meal of fast food. I never eat a meal of pizza or chicken wings. But my dh (dear hubby / darned hubby) bought a fryer and made the BEST WINGS EVER! So I had one of each of the two flavors along side a very fancy salad with grilled salmon I made for myself. Btw they loved their wings but drooled over my salmon...which I didn't share. heehee.

I have some trigger foods that kill me....tortilla chips, fritos.....cosmopolitans. I try to make those special.

Carbs once per day. Twice if they are very high fiber, whole grain, non-processed. La Tortilla Factory makes super tortillas. Brown Jasmine Rice is the BOMB! Dream Fields pasta is amazeballs!

Ok...I'm annoying now. Sorry. lol.
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    So glad you found your hope in the Lord! Was wondering if you could let me in on some of your daily meals and snacks? Especially right at the start of your journey. That's where I am with lots of weight to lose.

#1 - never skip a meal - I always did and then gained more and more weight. :(

BREAKFAST:
    smoothie
    chocolite bar (netrition.com)
    egg & hi fiber protein bagel or engl muffin (western bagel brand)
    egg mug (hungry girl)

LUNCH:
    salad w/ protein (tuna, salmon, leftover chicken)
    leftovers from last night (reheated with some parm. sprinkled as I love cheese)
    wrap (aka salad in a hi fiber tortilla)

DINNER:
    whole grain pasta (DreamFields) with veg rich sauce
    chicken fajita (La Tortilla Factory tortillas)
    salad with lean meat (salmon, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp)
    quinoa with roasted veggies and lean meat (salmon, chicken, shrimp, tilapia, swai)
    fish tacos (see tortilla above)
    Manhattan clam chowder
    homemade soup (lo sodium)
    roasted vegs (squash, tomato, asparagus, etc. but nothing too starchy)

SNACKS
    almonds (7-14max)
    chocolite bar (netrition.com)
    small protein smoothie (make extra in morning and put 1/3 in frig for snack next day)
    banana or apple
    petite baby carrots (little things are cute! lol)
    humus (with veg NOT CRACKERS)

I find it's important to do as much as possible myself (even if ahead for later) because prepared things have so much added sodium and sugar. Sodium packs on the water weight and I feel so discouraged when I get on the scale and it's up 3 lbs from water retention. Makes me wanna eat a cupcake or a bag of chips. LOL!

Hope this helps some. I find variety is the most important factor. Seriously. And splurge in a SMALL way on rare occasions so you don't feel deprived and a social outsider.
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    BTW...I LOVE to cook....so I find lotsa healthy blogs and adapt to our palettes. We live in Texas and like things with spicy kick (like my personality...annoyingly spicy at times...lol).

So loving to cook is good in that I can make my faves more healthy....but.....I love to cook AND eat.....which is tricky. No snacking whilst I cook can be hard.

Cheese is my kryptonite. Eeeek.
  • tlcmillet
    tlcmillet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The camera loves you.....you were super beautiful before but now you are even more stunning. Congrats on an amazing weight lose. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love reading success stories.............they are so inspirational to those of us who are just beginning our weight loss journey's!!

You look great!! I can only hope I find the willpower to continue as you have done! Your X-friends don't know what they lost!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!