Children throwing tantrums in stores! What??

Options

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    20 pages in and no one even wants to know what kind of crafts they were going to make. I hope that after 45 minutes the dad was able to find the aisle with the Bedazzlers on it and be done already.

pine cone bird feeders....?
    I hope so. They're eco-friendly in every way.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    20 pages in and no one even wants to know what kind of crafts they were going to make. I hope that after 45 minutes the dad was able to find the aisle with the Bedazzlers on it and be done already.

Hmmm... perhaps he was Christmas shopping and wasn't quite sure what to buy. Hmmm... perhaps the umpteen other people were in the store shopping and the lines were long.

Hmmm... perhaps the OP should have realized that the store is open to the general public and therefore, people are allowed to shop there, even with screaming children.

No one is saying you "can't" shop in a store with a screeching child, but yeah, if your kid is screaming at the top of its lungs as you mosey down the aisles, yeah, people are going to get aggravated.

Believe me, if stores had an equivalent of "adult swim" for an hour where I could go grocery shopping/clothes shopping/to a restaurant in peace, I would totally do it so that shoppers and their screeching children could shop in a "judgment free zone".
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Hmmm... perhaps he was Christmas shopping and wasn't quite sure what to buy. Hmmm... perhaps the umpteen other people were in the store shopping and the lines were long.

Hmmm... perhaps the OP should have realized that the store is open to the general public and therefore, people are allowed to shop there, even with screaming children.

Hmmm doesn't get jokes
    Hmmm sequin jeans are serious business to some of us

Sorry... I checked out of this thread like a million pages ago. I may have missed something. :grumble:
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    I have a 5 year old and he throws tantrums often. I refuse to slap him, I have found that taking away one of his favorite toys, or a privilege (his wii mainly) he straightens up and acts right but if hes upset, I pick him up and carry him away from whatever is making him upset I give him time to calm down. Patience is key for parenthood.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I made several pine cone bird feeders this summer.

You should totally be jealous. If you're not, I may spank you.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    keep the child in line?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    See, this is why I have cats instead. No tantrums, plus they clean up their own crap.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of patience for parents with kids on planes, in buses, etc. when there's nowhere they can go to calm the screaming child down. But if you're in a store or restaurant, I think it's common courtesy to remove the child from the situation if they can't be calmed down and the noise is going on and on and on.

I'm sure it's not ideal, but having a child is a choice.

So is shopping in a CRAFTS store that caters to the wants/needs of children and adults alike.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

Hmmm doesn't get jokes
    Hmmm sequin jeans are serious business to some of us

Sorry... I checked out of this thread like a million pages ago. I may have missed something. :grumble:
    You did. But I'll Bedazzle the hell out of some socks for you anyway.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

NOT JEALOUS! :flowerforyou:
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    See, this is why I have cats instead. No tantrums, plus they clean up their own crap.

Your cats eat their own poop?
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    In this thread, we learned that most parents that are on a weight loss journey also have autistic kids it seems.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

Can you spank me anyway?
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    In this thread, we learned that most parents that are on a weight loss journey also have autistic kids it seems.

GTFO
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

:O
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Well 1 in 100 kids are born autistic. Plus there are other mental disorders that afflict children.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You can't make that statement. You don't know what our childhoods were like. It would be quite difficult to make your children's better.

Sure I can. You encouraged it by attempting to turn this into a contest of who's child turns out better.

If my children have a childhood as good as yours or hers, minus the hitting, I'll be satisfied that it is better. So there's that.

After arguing that if there were no bruises or cuts it must be OK, there isn't really much left for you to say. Unless you feel you can go lower?
    You have confirmed my faith in myself that I am a very good judge of character.

Thank you for that.

Sorry if my lack of desire to hit little children diminishes me in your eyes. Somehow I think I'll live.

Perhaps it is your judging attitude of others that diminishes you in her eyes. I know it does mine.

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Sorry if my lack of desire to hit little children diminishes me in your eyes. Somehow I think I'll live.

Perhaps it is your judging attitude of others that diminishes you in her eyes. I know it does mine.
    Nah! Couldn't be that! :smile:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't agree with all the stupid people saying "You obviously don't have kids"
    I work in a daycare and deal with children throwing tantrums often.
    They need to be disciplined.
    I'm not saying, "hit your children" but if you "plead" for your kid to stop , it's not going to work.
    I would in NO way let my kids act like that in public.
    So I'm with you on this.
    My kids are excellent and it's because they're disciplined.
    I think the people saying "you obviously don't have kids" Obbviouuusly have issues controlling their own children.

I think you should obviously be fired if you are "with" the OP "on this"