Children throwing tantrums in stores! What??

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ((NavyKnightAh13))

I remember as a kid that if I threw a tantrum in the store, i was taken outside and spanked, and then got put on my knees for a half an hour to an hour and usually the stove was on (don't worry, never burnt my hands I wasn't stupid enough to put my hands on the burners).

Sorry for getting stuck on this part, but could you describe a little more what was going here? It sounds like, as a kid, you were forced to stay still on hands & knees over a hot stove for up to an hour, risking severe burns if maybe you lost your balance. And you're holding this up as exemplary discipline?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I bet that little sh1t head Adam Lanza never got spanked as a kid either.

tumblr_m6pid35QyH1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    In this thread, we learned that most parents that are on a weight loss journey also have autistic kids it seems.

Well 1 in 100 kids are born autistic. Plus there are other mental disorders that afflict children.

I know. But skim the thread again, it's like 80%.

Oh, and we should all deal with it too, I should have added.

Correlation does not equal causation. Stop being a douche!

I was kidding, with a reddit tone (I thought the ITT would tip off, but apparently not). Sorry if you took that seriously :p I get why though, this thread is a weird one.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In this thread, we learned that most parents that are on a weight loss journey also have autistic kids it seems.

Well 1 in 100 kids are born autistic. Plus there are other mental disorders that afflict children.

I know. But skim the thread again, it's like 80%.

Oh, and we should all deal with it too, I should have added.

Correlation does not equal causation. Stop being a douche!

I was kidding, with a reddit tone (I thought the ITT would tip off, but apparently not). Sorry if you took that seriously :p I get why though, this thread is a weird one.

No worries. You clarified.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Actually 1 in 88 now (sorry, just caught my attention lol)

A lot of parents of kids with autism find it hard to get to places like weight loss support groups, ect... so yeah, a lot of them probably do come to online places like MFP (me being one of them). And upon seeing a thread that hits home, yep, they're gonna respond.

Sometimes a kid is just being a (bratty) kid, sometimes it's sensory overload due to something like Autism. The point is, you can't assume without knowing the situation, so it's best just to learn a little empathy and remember that you don't have to take the screaming kid home with you and you will survive lol.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    <
    thinks there's a lot of folks who worry too damn much about other people's business.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it is your judging attitude of others that diminishes you in her eyes. I know it does mine.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but it was worth pointing out the irony of this post.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Perhaps it is your judging attitude of others that diminishes you in her eyes. I know it does mine.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but it was worth pointing out the irony of this post.

Hypocrites love to stand on hypocrisy to defend their points. I was taught to judge not lest ye be judged. Don't act self-righteous for being called out on your own judgments.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    <
    thinks there's a lot of folks who worry too damn much about other people's business.

Agreed.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

&

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff