Children throwing tantrums in stores! What??

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    See, this is why I have cats instead. No tantrums, plus they clean up their own crap.
    At least one, and possibly two, of my cats have decided my bed is a good place to pee lately.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I made several pine cone bird feeders this summer.

You should totally be jealous. If you're not, I may spank you.

Can you spank me anyway?

I know how you like it. Bend over...
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When my son was 2 we started what I called potty runs. If he acted up I marched his little butt to the bathroom and spanked him, then I stood outside of the stall and I let him cry until he was done. After a few times of this he learned that if he started acting up it resulted in a potty run. That being said I didn't read any of these first 20 pages of comments so who knows where this conversation has gone.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    In this thread, we learned that most parents that are on a weight loss journey also have autistic kids it seems.

Seriously... GTFO
  • madworld1
    Options
    I would have put my son in timeout calmly at the corner of the store then continued shopping while he was in timeout...

Lmao. Yeah, because that always works.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    In this thread, we learned that most parents that are on a weight loss journey also have autistic kids it seems.

GTFO

x2
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Die-Thread-Die.jpg
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Well 1 in 100 kids are born autistic. Plus there are other mental disorders that afflict children.

I know. But skim the thread again, it's like 80%.

Oh, and we should all deal with it too, I should have added.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    See, this is why I have cats instead. No tantrums, plus they clean up their own crap.
    At least one, and possibly two, of my cats have decided my bed is a good place to pee lately.

Somebody has a pissed off cat... ;-) mine likes to poop in the bathtub. At which my MIL decided I couldn't handle taking care of cats and raising their grandchild and tried to give away my cats.... :grumble: (BTW he is pooping in the bathtub because he has the cone of shame on him because he won't leave sores alone so they will heal).
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The problem of out of control children has become so pervasive that you can't bring it up without being attacked. Parents won't accept responsibility for the problems they have created. When I got married it was on a boat, and I took the unprecedented step of asking my guests to leave their kids somewhere else. I hated doing that because many were just fine. Some though were completely out of control and a threat to everyone on board, including themselves. When I go to restuarants now I tell the hostess to seat me away from kids. I'm sick and tired of paying good money for a nice meal and having to listen to wailing from the table next to me or someone's kids crawling under my table. It's a sad situation for me because I love kids. I just don't want to eat next to a raccoon family.

Honestly, I don't know how you can teach a kid anything when you can't teach them the most fundamental skill : self control
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

GTFO

x2

I cant even...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Another nancy. A spanking never hurt anyone, a beating does. I bet that little sh1t head Adam Lanza never got spanked as a kid either.

N754.jpg

I kinda assume the opposite- that he was probably beaten or abused in some manner. Not everyone who is abused goes nuts, but a large portion of nuts people have been abused.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You can't make that statement. You don't know what our childhoods were like. It would be quite difficult to make your children's better.

Sure I can. You encouraged it by attempting to turn this into a contest of who's child turns out better.

If my children have a childhood as good as yours or hers, minus the hitting, I'll be satisfied that it is better. So there's that.

After arguing that if there were no bruises or cuts it must be OK, there isn't really much left for you to say. Unless you feel you can go lower?
    You have confirmed my faith in myself that I am a very good judge of character.

Thank you for that.

Sorry if my lack of desire to hit little children diminishes me in your eyes. Somehow I think I'll live.

Perhaps it is your judging attitude of others that diminishes you in her eyes. I know it does mine.

I've owned from the beginning that I judge poorly those people who hit children, and I've stated why. I'm quite OK with the consequences of stating that judgement.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    The problem of out of control children has become so pervasive that you can't bring it up without being attacked. Parents won't accept responsibility for the problems they have created. ......

Sometimes what you got is one parent who is an abusive person giving a child serious behavior problems, and another parent trying to teach the child self control without being abusive. Consider that next time you see a parent being kind to a child throwing a tantrum. Maybe the child is throwing a tantrum because this is the parent it is safe to express feelings, such as fear and despair.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You can't make that statement. You don't know what our childhoods were like. It would be quite difficult to make your children's better.

Sure I can. You encouraged it by attempting to turn this into a contest of who's child turns out better.

If my children have a childhood as good as yours or hers, minus the hitting, I'll be satisfied that it is better. So there's that.

After arguing that if there were no bruises or cuts it must be OK, there isn't really much left for you to say. Unless you feel you can go lower?
    You have confirmed my faith in myself that I am a very good judge of character.

Thank you for that.

Sorry if my lack of desire to hit little children diminishes me in your eyes. Somehow I think I'll live.

Perhaps it is your judging attitude of others that diminishes you in her eyes. I know it does mine.

I've owned from the beginning that I judge poorly those people who hit children, and I've stated why. I'm quite OK with the consequences of stating that judgement.

Is meat murder? Just curious. You remind me of some Vegans I've encountered.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Is meat murder? Just curious. You remind me of some Vegans I've encountered.

Nope, meat tastes great!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Just putting this in my recent topics... don't mind me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Well 1 in 100 kids are born autistic. Plus there are other mental disorders that afflict children.

Correlation does not equal causation. Stop being a douche!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

someone doesn't understand cause and effect.
  • Masqueraded
    Options
    Reading about Bedazzlers reminds me how much I always wanted an EZ Bake Oven....