Anybody single?

Options

Replies

• jazzii98
    Options
    It's easy. You should be losing weight for yourself, not someone else.
  • jazzii98
    Options
    I'm a strong independent black woman and I don't need no man.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    single!!
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

and when u have an ex always emailing u telling u that ur ugly and fat it makes it hard to wanna do stuff cuz no one will notice.

just need to find away to get movitvated

First things first! Block him... and anyone else poo pooing your journey. If you don't get your mind right first thing in the morning the rest of the day will fail. If you're allowing an ex to email you or text you with that crap, then you're not ready for REAL change yet. When you are, you (and anyone else) can friend me. I post a "morning writing" every day to get you started on the right foot. Fix what's broken and change will come! I promise!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I do it for myself... & so that when I meet my Prince Charming he won't be able to resist ;) Bwahaha
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do it for myself... & so that when I meet my Prince Charming he won't be able to resist ;) Bwahaha

This ^_^ Hehehehe
  • Dadgerben
    Dadgerben Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am single. My ex however was very anti-exercise so my situation has actually improved a little. Having said that, a partner that was also working toward the same goal would be infinitely helpful.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options

Same... well, cept Princess charming. I want to be at my best so that I have the confidence and health to attract the right lady when I meet her. I'm not there yet, but I'm a patient guy so it's not all bad.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight so that I could hopefully find a significant other. Kind of hard to do when youre way fat and not attractive.

But thats not my primary reason. I want to lose weight for health reasons. Also when I turned 30 I got super depressed about it. This seemed like a good solution to resolve that depression. Been working out pretty good so far.
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm trying to be healthier because I notice a HUGE different in my mood. Yeah, I'm single, but I'm not necessarily on the hunt for another boyfriend. So, the decision to lose weight and be healthy is completely my own, and I think it's building my confidence and THAT is what will attract my next victim.
  • TylerLtd
    Options
    I am losing weight to make all the people who saw me fat, jealous. I can't wait to post my before and after picture on Facebook and imagine everyone's jaw drop that didn't have faith in me.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I was married 26 years and he was never supportive of me exercising or pretty much anything else I enjoyed. Now I do this BECAUSE I enjoy it!
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

This ^_^ Hehehehe

What they said, I just do it for me because it feels GREAT but Minus the prince chaming thing above. lol
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I tnink its much easier to do when single
  • MsRejection
    MsRejection Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Colorfag great loss so far Congratz!!!

Being single makes losing weight much easier IMO^ focusing on myself and doing what makes me happy is a great help in my weight loss journey! but i will also say it is nice to have extra support on your side when losing weight but is not needed!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Long time not single but it was much easier when I was on my own. I just did anything I wanted, ate what I wanted.
  • lisalou1509
    Options
    yup I'm single a while now :(
  • nicolea35
    nicolea35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know for myself its a lot easier to take care of myself when I am single. I need to be selfish when I am losing weight. I have learned from the past I need to have the good habits well in place before getting into a relationship. Its hard to make yourself a priority when ya worrying about someone else.:smile:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've been single my entire life, except for 1 month.

So I never even thought about "needing" back-up from anyone. I've been doing fine on my own :)

From what I hear, boyfriends tend to sabotage weight loss and make you pack on "comfort pounds."
  • blossom7onice
    blossom7onice Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I prefer being single. I have been able to devote as much time as I needed this past year because I don't have a boyfriend to absorb my time. Nothing against relationships, but they do make it more difficult to focus on some of the things you need to do for yourself and your health.