WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2013

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I have water!!!! My brother got here around 6:50 am or so and turned everything on, however the water that came out first was black:sick: , I had to let the water run out of all the faucets for about 30 minutes to get it clear. I still have a huge hole in the yard, they didn`t get back and cover it up yesterday. My brother (I am so thankful he lives across the street!) had to put insulation around the pipe last night since it got down to 18 degrees, sure didn`t want it freezing up on me! Miss Noel got groomed yesterday, I`m happy to say I have a cute little fluffy white doggie now. She did something several days ago I have never seen her do before, it was when we had had rain for a few days...there was an earthworm in the driveway, looked dead, she looked at it, pawed at it, and then rubbed her neck on it:huh: :noway: :sick: , I was glad I had gloves on and picked off what I could. She`ll be 8 in May and she`s never done something like that. I do remember Jb and Lila talking about their doggies rolling in or on dead things, I thought I was lucky at the time!
    We are expecting nasty weather today...snow, sleet, and freezing rain:sad: . I`m so ready for spring:glasses: !!! I bought a jump rope yesterday, however at the sports store they don`t call them jump ropes:huh: , it`s called a "speed rope":noway: . I tried it yesterday and I love it, however....my...ahem...girls:blushing: , didn`t care much for it:laugh: . I ordered a sports bra when I signed up for the 5K, guess I`ll need to wear it jumping rope too! The girls are a bit sore from bouncing this morning:tongue: !

Time to get ready for this interesting day...should have some time later to reply some posts!

Have a great day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee....still grumpy in cold NC
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello

Just quick stop by should be getting ready for work. I am putting it off. Will be back later to reply on the posts. @Dee I had a little doggie before Bella she love to roll in things.

Roads according to news sound better than yesterday but still not great so I need to get going

Liz
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    DeeDee is this what you went through? Here's my husband this summer about half way done :laugh:
    FredintheHole_n_zpsc475c203.jpg

Well today was weigh in day and the scale showed me what it should have - that I've been eating maintenance calories - not lose calories. I had a .2 gain. :tongue:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Options
    To the providers of the best Vit. F around
    thank you for your kind words and support. :flowerforyou:

I finally hit it today and no rounding involved -101!!

More to shed but so incredibly thankful for the progress so far. :bigsmile:

Be healthy, be happy, and be safe. :heart:
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Lin in Central Iowa where the sun is shining today.

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Believe that spring is one day closer today than it was yesterday. What else can we do. -31 here this morning. Oh well I can't change the weather so put up with it.

Joy
    Hope they see how well you and your friend are doing.
    And decide to join you

Glenda
    If you want to lose you have to bring up your calories.
    The body will think your starving it. At least a couple times a week try goind close to 1500.

Sue
    Glad i'm being missed but housework seems to have a way of finding me.

Barbie
    Nothing worse than a sick man. Us women when sick is leave me alone.

BJ
    The buses don't run here if the weather is -40 so parents had to bring there kids to school.
    Man this winter is cold this cold spell is terrible.

Well didn't answer to all just to much. And it's time to get on with my day. Going to make it a good one. Exercise with the wii today it's cold but have to get back with it. Haven't exercised in days. Except for housework. Back later if time allows.

Thanks for the vit. F it keeps me happy.

Linda C.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Cheryl....yep...although I think the hole in my yard is bigger, and I have 2 big black drainage pipes still laying in the yard:sad: !

Lin:bigsmile: Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!! Happy dance, happy dance!!!!!!
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    linder4866 -- congratulations! Wow! 101! That's amazing... and such an accomplishment! yay!!:love:

Cheryl! Your photo cracked me up! My yard looked like that... and then the guys appeared on my driveway with a jackhammer....
    We quickly ran out and said.... "Wait! What the heck?" New pipes and driveway later... our water is clear and plentiful.

I'm off to the gym before the snow "supposedly" starts here... Have a great day ladies.

There's so much to read, it's hard to reply to it all!

:love: Tammy
  • mndtowka
    Options
    Thank you yoyonomore55. Let me know how it works out for you. I've never been a runner so not sure about starting at my age ..... but I'm desperate

It is called HIIT training, High Intensity Interval Training. It can be done at any level of fitness. Google it.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm thanking God it's Friday:flowerforyou:

Only time for a hit and run as it's my 1/2 day and have a lot to get done (that's nothing new:noway: )

Last night I found out that my uncle back in Oregon (in Grants Pass where my parents had lived) passed away Jan 5th. He was a WW2 Vet and had been part of the the D-Day Invasion, when I saw him last at my Mom's funeral in Oct 2010 he was in his late 80's and still very active and speaking at the local High Schools about his WW2 experiences and had been featured on several local TV shows as well. He was an awesome man and I'm proud to have had him as my uncle. I've changed my picture to one of me with my uncle at my Mom's funeral.

Then because my phone conversation had taken so long with my friend that lives in Oregon hubby said he wanted KFC and I made not good choices:blushing: ate it and loved it:blushing: the only thing is all that sodium sure got to me so today I'm pushing the water to flush it out:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: .

I will catch up on the posts when I get home and see how everyone is doing. Until then let's keep logging our food, exercise and water to get to our healthier bodies:flowerforyou:

Laura 80111 in Colorado:smile:
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DisciplineIsFreedom
    Options
    Hi. I'm 53 and am just starting MFP (actually I used it one day back in September, but now I plan to use it each day). I have 65 pounds to lose and need encouragement. It's nice to read all of your posts. :)<3<3<3
  • sunshine61250
    sunshine61250 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

WOO HOO!!! Congrats!!!:love:
  • wessecg
    Options
    I saw a new group open called "Over Fifty But Not Over The Hill!." Geez, I'd feed unfaithful if I joined such a board. :ohwell:

Cheryl from North of Chicago
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

More to shed but so incredibly thankful for the progress so far. :bigsmile:

Be healthy, be happy, and be safe. :heart:
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

Congratulations! We need to celebrate all the hard work and personal change that made this happen. You are a hero.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Lin! :happy: :flowerforyou: :happy: Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS! Truly remarkable work, you must feel wonderful!!

DeeDee :laugh: Noel and the worm hahaha! My dogs find worms in the yard, and a'rolling they go, and of course the goose dropping are an all time favorite at the park. However, there's nothing quite like a few worm guts to bedeck the neck of a nice little pooch. :sick: And you got a jump rope!!! :noway: Wooooie baby, protect those tender girls! They do best when squished tight to the body with something resembling a corset. :wink:

You're all so darned sweet. :flowerforyou: I just love reading here! Not much time to post this morning, but wanted to wish you all a very happy Friday. Here comes the weekend!

:smile: jb from still foggy but not as cold Portland
  • DisciplineIsFreedom
    Options
    Your post is very encouraging!
  • DisciplineIsFreedom
    Options
    :happy: If you want to have a happy face planted on you, watch this video. I want to have a reason to laugh, or at least smile, each and every day!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

Copy and paste and Enjoy...the sprinkling of magic on the moments.

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Thank you, Renny. That was amazing!
  • DisciplineIsFreedom
    Options
    Just came across this acrostic and wanted to share:

EAT LESS CRAP:

C-carbonated drinks
    R-refined sugars
    A-artificial sweeteners and colors
    P-processed foods

EAT MORE FOOD:

F-fruit and vegetables
    O-organic lean protein
    O-omega 3 fatty acids
    D-drink water

The more I am paying attention to my body, the more I realize just how true that is!

Thank you for this. I put it on my facebook page. :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!Friend`s dad`s wake and funeral are this week-end.He died of a massive stroke at 77.They were hoping to do a liver transplant but decided against it.
    Live is short-make the best of it.
    HUGS
    jane
  • wessecg
    Options
    I think we should all harass my husband and send him friend requests. He is fgwessely. :drinker: :bigsmile: