Makeup Junkies!

Options

Replies

• 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    BB cream is amazing! IT stands for Blemish Balm.. it's like liquid foundation except it does so much more for your skin. I think most are light to medium coverage.. they help acne scars, dark spots, provide SPF, moisturize, fight wrinkles..

some really good ones are:
    Estee Lauder
    Dr. Jart
    Dr. Brandt
    Clinique
    Too faced
    Stila
    Revlon

I think Maybelline and L'Oreal have them too, but I honestly have not tried them. I never wear makeup during the week because of my job and I'm in school, but recently I've been using BB cream and it just evens everything out and looks natural.. Definitely worth trying :smile:
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else here addicted to makeup and/or hair products?

I just got the new Naked2 Pallet and ADORE it!

What is your favorite item?

I have the Naked2 pallet - and I love it!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    BB cream is amazing! IT stands for Blemish Balm.. it's like liquid foundation except it does so much more for your skin. I think most are light to medium coverage.. they help acne scars, dark spots, provide SPF, moisturize, fight wrinkles..

Estee Lauder
    Dr. Jart
    Dr. Brandt
    Clinique
    Too faced
    Stila
    Revlon

I think Maybelline and L'Oreal have them too, but I honestly have not tried them. I never wear makeup during the week because of my job and I'm in school, but recently I've been using BB cream and it just evens everything out and looks natural.. Definitely worth trying :smile:

Those are not good BB creams. Those are liquid foundations, you're right with your description.

BB creams were created in Korea by doctors to use on the clients after work and procedures done on their skin. So it's super moisturizing to calm the skin but also to cover the problems.

The most famous and the best BB creams are made the Korean brands who actually made BB creams popular in the world.
    Mischa, Skin79, Dr. Jart.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    thoughts on Bare Minerals? I need to catch up read this thread, it's been a bit. Tossing this out there to see what others feel about it? I keep hearing good things, but do you agree on the results, the prices, how easy it is to find locally etc. Or is it an online online product.

Thanks, much appreciated!:wink:
    I really need a good under eye concealer! Pale skin plus dark circles = not a good combination! x
    I would love to hear ideas on one as well.. any favorites? :)
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed my Bare Minerals, it was just a little too pricy for me.

That said, I have great skin and rarely breakout so I need not worry about reactions or blemish coverage. If I did, I would be far more likely to keep paying for the Bare Minerals.

What I did is got my skin tone matched at Ulta and then bought the foundation on Amazon - much cheaper!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara, NARS Eyeshadow Duos and Lipsticks, Revlon Balm Stains, Illamasqua Nail Varnish and Cake Eyeliner, Tarte Matte Bronzer, YSL Glossy Stains, MAC Face & Body Foundation, WnW Matte Eyeshadow Palettes.....

I also am a beauty blogger.... you could say the obsession runs deep.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I freelance makeup, work for Glamour Doll Eyes, and i work fulltime as a hairstylist :D One might say i'm addicted. rolling out to LA next week for IMATS too <3
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    *checking in*

My newest obsession is seeking out the best drugstore products. I love Bobbi Brown, MAC, Urban Decay... but my accounts do not. I watch a LOT of youtube videos and try to gather info from the 'gurus' on drugstore products worth buying.

Newest "find" - Loreal Infallable eyeshadows. SUPER pigmented and long-wear!
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Urban Decay. My favorite foundation primer happens to come from Pink Papaya! ALL NATURAL ladies, and it's a beautiful thing.

Like silk on the skin.

;)
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Love researching anything girlie and trying new stuff. Also, like to find awesomeness on a budget! I am a "Pop some tags.. 20 dollars in my pocket" kind of girl. Love Kandee Johnson and Cherry Dollface on youtube for tips.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a good liquid eyeliner? max 20-30 bucks?

Kat Von D tattoo liner at Sephora. Goes on easy and dries quickly!

I have a new addiction to Make-up as well.

My current favs are

Foundation/primer/concealer -Make up forever
    Eye shadow- Naked 2 palette
    Masacra- Cils Booster XL along with lancome Hypnôse Drama
    liner-Kat Von D tattoo liner
    Cheeks-too faced bronzer/tarte blush
    and benefit high beam. Love that stuff!

I am new to high end make up- I finally broke down last year and bought the good stuff and now I am hooked!
  • morganmay92
    Options
    Yeah! I'm hairstylist gonna go to makeup school in a year or two to become a makeup artist as well I have a little bit of a long list lol.

My fave hair products:
    -Macadamia natural oil deep conditioner
    -Bed Head Ego boost leave in conditioner
    -John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse, I use conair mega grip rollers to give more volume before I dry my hair
    -Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Flat Iron Spray...makes hair smell so good

My fave makeup products:
    -M.A.C. studio sculpt foundation, I only use it on my eyes and nose because it breaks me out.
    -Diorshow mascara
    -Almay liquid eyeliner for hazel eyes
    -L'Oreal extra intense liquid pencil eyeliner

lil extra (skin care products):
    -Clinque moisture surge over night mask....it's very hydrating for dry skin
    -Clinque dramatically different gel moisturizer
    -Simple face wash (sensitive skin brand)
    -Simple facial scrub (sensitive skin brand)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I really need a good under eye concealer! Pale skin plus dark circles = not a good combination! x

Benefit Boi-ing is heavy duty and easy to blend as you use your fingers to apply (the warmth helps). If your skin is super pale then try Benefit Lemonaid under your eyes - it's technically for evening out skin tone on the eyelids but I find it works well applied sparingly to counteract and purple/grey tinges next to the nose and under the eyes.

If you have a Benefit counter near you go and try them out before buying to see if they suit you.

(I used to be beauty editor on a daily newspaper so have tried them all!)

As for me, my motto is cleanse, cleanse, cleanse. I usually use Eve Lom cleanser, rinsed off using a muslin cloth and warm water. 90% of the time I don't need any moisturiser afterwards as it leaves my skin perfectly balanced. I'm a firm believer in only using moisturiser when absolutely necessary (when I get dry patches or if I'm going hiking or running in the winter). I have stuck to a cleanse-only routine since I was a teenager and barely any wrinkles for my age (39) so I must be doing something right! (oh, and use a sunblock in summer, of course!)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Estee Lauder
    Dr. Jart
    Dr. Brandt
    Clinique
    Too faced
    Stila
    Revlon

Those are not good BB creams. Those are liquid foundations, you're right with your description.

BB creams were created in Korea by doctors to use on the clients after work and procedures done on their skin. So it's super moisturizing to calm the skin but also to cover the problems.

The most famous and the best BB creams are made the Korean brands who actually made BB creams popular in the world.
    Mischa, Skin79, Dr. Jart.

I got lucky with good skin with few blemishes, and I don't need BB cream. But, I actually like L'Oreal's BB cream as a foundation. After trying a dozen or so different foundations from Chanel, Dior, Lancome, and recently a couple drugstore brands, I'm sticking with it. I put on La Mer Concentrate, then L'Oreal Serum, then let that all dry before the L'Oreal BB cream, and I look like I'm glowing. Does wonders for my skin.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    thoughts on Bare Minerals? I need to catch up read this thread, it's been a bit. Tossing this out there to see what others feel about it? I keep hearing good things, but do you agree on the results, the prices, how easy it is to find locally etc. Or is it an online online product.

Thanks, much appreciated!:wink:
    I would love to hear ideas on one as well.. any favorites? :)

I don't like Bare Minerals or any of those powder foundations. They look bad after a couple hours. Particularly in humidity.
  • deadgirl13
    Options
    I love makeup! I love urban decay and benefit. I recently got the naked basics palette! Love it!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Love every brand... With an exception of BH cosmetics and Bobbi Brown.

ETA...Also don't care for catalog cosmetics like Avon and Mary Kay.
  • labyrinth84
    Options
    I only use BareMinerals on my face nowadays, great for the skin. Eyes- Urban Decay for dramatic eyes, MAC for classy/daytime. The only make-up product I'm not obsessed with are lipsticks! Sometimes I put some on, if I can find one in my make-up bag, often go without :) May try the Naked range, lots of you seem to love it :)
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    LOVES: Philosophy The Present. It's sold as a primer, but I generally wear as moisturizer. No color, but still evens out my face. Will not fight. Per-fekt mascara. OPI Nail Polish, in the classic, I'm Not Really a Waitress, Chocolate Shake-speare, and A Ruble for your Thoughts

ADORES: Birchbox. A monthly box full of samples? Why, thank you! Love love love love

And I have a problem with perfume. Not to the gym, but I wear some every day, can't leave the house without, and change to fit my mood, my clothes, and what I'm headed out to do.