What's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    had to do the drive through today... two breakfast filets from Chickfila (no bun) = 230 calories. really kept me full today!
  • mama2mila
    Options
    pumpkin pie steel cut oats in crockpot with some raisins, 1 banana, coffee - about 400 calories
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1/2 a serving of the shepards pie I made for dinner - without the potatoes....113 of the best calories ever!!
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Recipe:

This is amazing - but note that it is WITHOUT the mashed potatoes on top :) I found this on the web as Gordon Ramsey's Shepards Pie and adapted it a bit......If yyou DO make the potatoes on top it is 10 servings at 155 calories each.....I just leave the potatoes offhalf of this and let the kids eat from the "fun" half!

Ingredients:
    The Filling:
    • Olive Oil (1 Tbsp)
    • 40 oz lean ground turkey
    • 10 oz grated carrot
    • 1 Large Onion (grated)
    • Fresh Rosemary
    • Fresh Thyme
    • Minced Garlic (I used 4 cloves)
    • Salt
    • Pepper
    • Worcestershire Sauce (several splashes)
    • Tomato Puree or Paste (no more than a small can)
    • Red Wine (several glugs)
    • Green beans – microwave for 4 minutes with a little water and covered with saran - about 3 cups
    The Mash:
    • Golden Potatoes
    • milk
    • Butter
    • Salt
    • Pepper
    • Parmesan Cheese
    Cooking the Potatoes:
    This part is easy as pie (no pun intended), just boil some water, throw some salt and your potatoes in, and set a timer for 15 minutes – start on your filling. Upon the timer going off, take your potatoes out and strain the water off. Put potatoes back into the pan, or into a medium mixing bowl. Mash the potatoes with their ingredients from above and keep warm (your filling should be about done by this point)
    Cooking the Filling:
    Pour Olive Oil into a hot, rather large pan, then add meat. Stir meat as if your life depends on it for a few minutes so it’s nice and brown, and broken into very small pieces. Add your Rosemary, Thyme, and Garlic, then stir some more. Quickly add your Carrot, and Onion, stir a little longer. The idea at this point is to get everything to a minced consistency.
    Add Worcestershire Sauce, stir, add Tomato Puree, stir, add Red Wine and sweat down for a minute or two. Add chicken stock and cook for 3 more minutes. I made mine without the stock because I didn’t notice it the first time I watched the show. You can add it, or leave it out.
    Final Instructions:
    Scoop your meat mixture into a deep casserole or other oven safe dish and then spoon the mash over the top. Spread the mash over the top of the mix with the bottom of the spoon and then sprinkle a generous portion of Parmesan cheese over the top. Poke the top with a fork several times to give it a peaked look and stick it in the oven at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes to brown the potatoes and set the pie. Serve it up and watch people melt! Oh I love Shepherd Pie!

Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Total: 2325 66 46 352
    Per Serving: 233 7 5 35

10 servings: above is without potatoes
  • linnycas
    Options
    Three egg whiteswith a dab of skim milk scrambled with 2 tablespoons of swiss cheese and some spinach. I wrapped it in a La Tortilla Factory wrap for 172 delicious calories!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Skinny Green Tropical Smoothie (this makes 2 servings)

3/4 cup light coconut milk
    6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
    3/4 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
    1 ripe medium banana
    1 cup spinach
    2 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
    1 1/4 cups ice

Calories: 228 • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 10.2 g • Carb: 30.2 g • Fiber: 3.9 g • Sugar: 19.4 g
    Sodium: 70.5 mg

the source of the recipe is an amazing website called Skinny Taste.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Strawberry protein porridge with almonds :smile:

370 calories and VERY filling!
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    I just had some plain oats with skimmed milk, only around 100 cals, woop!
  • CatheaLove
    Options
    I either like to have 2 slices of Genesis 1:29 bread, toasted, with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter and sliced banana on top (375 cal)

OR

3 egg whites, scrambled with red chili powder & 1 slice of Weight Watchers pepper jack cheese
    1 cup hash browns made with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a little sea salt
    2 slices of bacon
    1 slice of Genesis 1:29 bread and about a teaspoon of butter for a total of 405 calories

You could save calories on the second breakfast if you were to use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon or a piece of turkey breast that's been browned in a skillet.
  • Faded_Memories
    Options
    1 Hertz frankfurter
    1 fried egg (no oil)
    1 slice Warburton's toast
    5g Clover butter.

316 calories
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Big breakfast today...
    Two muffins, one with ham & mustard, one with peanut butter.
    Cup of tea with skimmed milk
    480 calories.

More usually...
    50g of organic porridge oats, skimmed milk, teaspoon of sugar.
    Orange & raspberry juice
  • LivingFree
    Options
    Strawberry Rhubarb Yogurt with Skinny B Cereal (chia seeds/hemp hearts) mixed) & a large cup of tea. 260 calories. Holds me 3 hours.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Today -
    2 slices wholemeal toast
    30 g Light Philadelphia Cheese
    100g raspberries (defrosted)

262 calories

usually -
    potato, tomato, 2 eggs, dry fried with non-stick spray; lots of pepper

roughly 235 cals depending on size of each item

Sometimes I add a tiny bit of butter, that adds a few cals and a whole lot of taste :laugh:

Breakfast235cals_zps3133a30a.jpg

whoops sorry still getting the hang of photos! If you right click/open in new tab you can see it in all it's glory.

Oh and a BIG cup of black coffee no sugar
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Today just an apple, because I am having a migraine and eating anything other than fruit will make me even more nauseous.

Usually I have:

2 slices of wholegrain crispbread with vegetable oil spread and 1 slice of Gouda cheese
    An apple or some other fruit
    A cup of green tea

Roughly 280 cals, depending on what fruit I have.
  • pouka89
    pouka89 Posts: 24
    Options
    I find breakfast really hard, I dont like eating in the morning but force myself too. And the foods I would love are packed full of calories! Today I had a bowl of special K with skimmed milke, 150cal! I dont like milk so have less than a cupful. I would love toast, really need to get myself to brown seeded bread.
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with half a banana sliced in there and a chocolate ricecake with a tablespoon of peanut butter. 373 cals
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LMAO :laugh:
    I was just asking my self same question? Thought "wish" there was a search on here where we could type in "breakfast" or any meal, and suggestions & recipes would come up :wink:
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I find breakfast really hard, I dont like eating in the morning but force myself too. And the foods I would love are packed full of calories! Today I had a bowl of special K with skimmed milke, 150cal! I dont like milk so have less than a cupful. I would love toast, really need to get myself to brown seeded bread.
    Try light vanilla Soy Milk I love it on cereal!
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sandwich :1 egg , 2 slices honey ham cut small , 2 toast , I dont remember the exact callories its arround 322 and then 5 grapes Dr order big breakfast wonts me to have a farmers style
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Packet instant oatmeal with 1/2 cup crushed pineapple mixed in
    Chobani black cherry greek yogurt
    2 cups coffee, black. Maybe more. :)
    330 cals