What's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    One egg, one slice low sodium bacon and a slice of low fat cheese in a whole grain tortilla.. (231 cal)

havent put it in yet for the calories but will come back and edit.... but wanted to save this thread for breakfast ideas, specially ones easy to pack for work as I start so early I usually dont have brekkie til I get there.. some great ideas here thanks!
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    Homemade - Green Tea, 300 ml
    Fatfree milk 0.5 Glas 100 ml
    Homemade - cottes-cheese pancakes, 2 small pancakes (25 gram)
    Coffee - Mug Instant Coffee With Skimmed Milk , 1 mug (350 ml)
    light Sirup, 0.7 tbsp.
    Produce - **Green Grapes, 5 grapes
    Rynkeby - Orange Juice, 100 ml
    Bama - spinach, 50 g
    Mushrooms - Raw, 50 g
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)

Ends up at 322 cals.

Actually I normally dont eat/drinks this much for breakfast. but at home working on my exam, so it tend to creep up on you ;)
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Muesli - 110
    Turkey Bacon - 105
    1/2 cup Milk 1% - 55
    Chi Latte K cup - 70

340 cals
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    coffee (I put a couple dashes of cinnamon in with the grounds in my coffee press for flavor) with stevia
    kashi go lean cinnamon crumble cereal
    Whole milk ( I usually use skim but boyfriend went shopping yesterday and this is all we have in the house right now)

total calories:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Better Oats Raw Pure & Simple- Original Flavor. Sweetened with a touch of agave and about 1tbs of cinnamon.
    2 Cups of folgers mocha swirl brewed from grounds coffee, with a small touch of agave, and a splash of milk.

222 Calories
  • bnoren
    bnoren Posts: 2
    Options
    My favorite these days is an oatmeal and egg white pancake.

1/3 Cup of whole flake oats
    1/2 Cup of egg whites (4 whites)
    1 tbsp of ground flax seed

Mix together and fry in a non stick pan until eggs are cooked and it is slightly browned
    Serve with mixed berries on top (if you use the frozen kind and defrost in microwave it makes almost a syrup when they thaw)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Having the same breakfast as yesterday, cup of oatmeal (Quaker Cookie's and Cream, 160 Calories)
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk and a chopped banana on top - 276 calories - fuelled me for my swimming session this morning:smile:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I had a light english muffin with an egg and a couple of slices of deli ham........... and three mugs of coffee. :)
  • WanderingCavalcade
    WanderingCavalcade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today, I felt ambitious, so I made what my mother's always called "Toad in a Hole" although I've heard it called other things before.

Basically, you put a pan on the stove to heat up over medium heat. Then take a slice of bread and punch a hole in it using a glass or cookie cutter (cookie cutters provide fun shapes!). Put the part with the hole in it on the pan, and crack an egg into it. Cook until you can't see the bottom of the pan through the white and flip. Cook this side until you reach the consistency you want in the egg (over easy vs over medium), and then flip the egg/toast over onto your plate. Now lightly brown both sides of the shape left over from punching the hole in the bread.

I used spray olive oil because it's made u of unsaturated fats (so healthier). I use the middle part to dip into the egg, and the shapes that work best include circles, hearts, pumpkins, Christmas trees, and ginger bread men. They just have to have enough room to accommodate the yolk of the egg.

It's about 140 calories for one slice of wheat toast with one egg cooked this way, and it's a fun breakfast for picky kids!
  • FaIIenAngeI
    Options
    One slice of sourdough bread ~ 90cal
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Three egg white turkey and cheese omlette with one frozen waffle and sugar free syrup!

225cal
  • Hotbabe109
    Options
    Either a toasted bagel cut in half with a teaspoon of ketchup and 2 rangers of completely faultless rindless bacon - 361 calories or a toasted bagel cut in half with paté :) 301 calories
  • 79RB79
    79RB79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast these days is a Toasted Tomato on caraway Rye bread with hot peppers and light mayo. 171 Calories!
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    3 of the egg quiche muffins (someone posted this recipe in this section, and i finally tried it out) *delicious

(recipe off memory - 12 muffins)
    8 egg whites
    4 eggs
    1/2 tsp vegetable oil
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    pepper
    1/2 cup skim milk
    half green pepper
    half medium onion
    1 cup ham cubes
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup light shredded cheese

i think that's it.. yum!

only 65 ish calories a muffin
    [
    Wow, sounds delish! BUMP for later /quote]
  • silveradospirit
    Options
    Banana, Old Fashioned Oatmeal, Carbmaster Yogurt- 332 Calories.
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Vega One Smoothies with pomegranate seeds + unsweetened almond milk+ coffee! Usually between 250-300 calories.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had a bowl of porridge made with nonfat milk, with lots of powdered cinnamon and a bit of golden syrup. Also had a bottle of water. 207 calories!
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    .3c Steel cut oats, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and coffee with 2% milk - 250
  • pevansk47
    pevansk47 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Special K Red Berries with 2% milk (cup) 1 small navel orange
    230 calories 43 carbs