WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I think that I am pretty well ready to leave on our camping trip in the morning. All of the food is already loaded, my suitcase is out there, and I just have to get my last minute things together in the morning. I still have to pack up the dog's food, etc. tonight. My 4 year old grandson is spending the night, as he will go with us in the morning. The rest of his family will join us on Friday. We plan to be home on Sunday evening.
    I pulled all of my clothes out of my room today and tried them all on. I packed away some tops to see if they will still fit me next fall, but put together two bags of jeans, slacks, and tops to give away as they are too big. I like the feeling of knowing that I will never be that size again! I have bought some spring/summer clothes on clearance, so I have a few things to wear. Last fall I gave away all of my summer clothes, as they were too big. This part of the journey is kind of fun, even if it is a lot of work sorting and not too easy on the pocketbook! :wink:
    Hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day. I cooked a corned beef with lots of carrots and cabbage, and a few potatoes. I ate one serving of meat, and I'm enjoying some extra vegetables before I head to bed. We are getting up at 0'dark hundred to leave.
    Everyone have a great weekend. Here's to smart choices!
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations to all the following:
    :flowerforyou: Mary, on breaking the plateau and reaching 76 pounds lost. Way to go girl!! And yes, you were missed!
    :bigsmile: SueZQue - Size 10 - WOW!
    :flowerforyou: Birdie, Debbie, and everyone who lost weight!!

Believe it or no,t I really made an effort to go over the posts from page 8 on...that's what I get for missing out on almost a whole week! From what I could tell, these are the new posters:
    Kackie
    Lucy (JuicyPlum)
    Texas Lady1
    JoAnn
    Connie
    Denise, Liv, Debbie, Suzanita, Cynthia, Madgoth, Cookie Rose, Barb F, Smtirado, and Faye

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Welcome to all, this place will really keep you going and yes, you do miss it...and are missed!!... when you are away from it!

Faye, I'm jealous of you planting outdoors. We have snow forecast for Friday and Saturday. Our last freeze date is supposed to be April 17 here, but careful gardeners won't usually set out before May 1 and quite a few wait until May 15. Nebraska is an interesting place, weather wise!!
    "Neck Muscles: Attempt to outmanoeuvre the canine tongue headed for your ear, mouth, or eyeball. This is a lifelong fitness program. A dog is never too old or too feeble to "French Kiss" you when you least expect it.

Enjoy your day everyone

BFN
    Jackie

:laugh: Made me miss our miniature long haired dachsund that used to be quite adept at sneaking in those french kisses...Oui oui! Which prompted my brother to buy me a T-Shirt while he was in France...J' embrasse mon chien sur la bouche!

Who can translate that for the others?

Have a great night everyone!!

:heart: Terri:heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options

barbiecat - one of the things that I like about doing a DVD at home is the fact that I can exercise even in my underwear if I'm hot. I can take my pants off (I've done that) to do my yoga.
    :flowerforyou: Michele, I've been so busy thinking about how cold it is now that I didn't even think about what it will be like this summer when it gets hot
    we have mild weather here but usually have about two weeks of temps in the 90's. We don't have air conditioning because it isn't worth spending the money for only about two weeks a year when we'd need it......so I'm going remember to be grateful then that I can do my yoga and other exercise in my undies when it's so warm :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It was poodle yoga ("Pooga" ?) again today ( this is five days in a row :bigsmile: ) Also, DH is feeling a little better today so we went for a 20 minute walk with the dogs on the trail.....there's poison oak near the trail so we had to be careful to keep the dogs on the paved part so they didn't get into it.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I didn't realize that DST was a problem for me until I was almost late to my 9:00 line dance class this morning........bravo to you for finding someone to help with "parent care".......thank you for the great joke.....Jake thanks you, too.......I haven't been in a world with so many Barbara's since I was in high school.....thanks for trying to help sort us out :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Cindy, thank you for the Gandhi quote....I liked it so much I copied it and sent it to some friends.

:flowerforyou: Zaza, I am so happy to hear that you've lost a pound......you have been working so hard at this and not giving up, it's time for you to see positive results.

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ, Wow, getting into size 10.......that is fabulous.....you're right about not setting goals, just letting your body figure out where it wants to go...that's very interesting information about building muscle on top of fat

:flowerforyou: Kackie, enjoy your time in Montana, spring will get here soon enough.......it's still too cold here in NW Washington.....but it keeps getting warmer bit by bit

:flowerforyou: doobiedoo, go ahead and celebrate your loss as well as your much improved eating habits.

:flowerforyou: Jackie, I just took a look at some info on the internet about Lanzarote.......it sounds like a fabulous place to go on vacation.....I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get home.

:flowerforyou: Mary, have fun on your camping trip.....it sounds like you're well prepared

:flowerforyou: Terri, I love hearing about your shirt that says I kiss my dog on the mouth.......that's us with our poodles:laugh:

:flowerforyou: We celebrated St. Patrick's Day at line dance by wearing green and dancing to Irish music. Someone brought brownies with green frosting and apple juice. I brought my own Isagenix bar for a snack and declined the brownies.
    :heart: :heart: hugs to all:heart::heart: keep up the good work Barbie
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies :flowerforyou:

I got up a bit earlier this morning so have a few mins before I dash off to work. I know it is cheating but I got on the scalesfitst thing and I have lost 2lbs :happy: can't tell you what a boost it gave me. Trouble is I know your weight goes up and down during the day and now I've had breakfast and a cuppa I will probably be back up to 11stone again but hey ho it has given me a boost.

:smile: I did well yesterday to not go over my calories - very stressfull /emotional day at work :sad: one of my good friends and colleague is going through a hard time (work related) and has now gone off sick. Hope she's okay but it leaves an unsettled atmosphere and I really feel for her and wish there's more I could do.

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ you are my inspiration - getting into a size 10 that must feel so good. As I am a Size 14 my aim is to get back into my size 12 clothes and then hopefully aim for size 10 (but that is wayyyy into to the future :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Barbie you must be tiny - do I remember reading you are into size 4 Jeans??

:happy: Well the sun is shining it's 7.30 a.m. looks like its gonna be a warm day, I had better get ready for work, I have already done my pack ( a cottage cheese and onion sandwich, Apple and a Yogurt.) If I can keep off the Kit Kats and Breakaway Bars that we have in our snack room it will be 4 days of not snacking at work:happy:
    - I always have a chocolate treat after my main meal on an evening.

Well must dash - chat again soon
    Viv xx
  • bsfriese
    bsfriese Posts: 2
    Options

I also came up with a solution to how I can give my mom the help she needs

Welcome to "another Barbara."-AKA bsfriese. Ok here is a recap of the Barbara's on this thread so far:

Barbara #1 --Barbiecat --oft referred to as "Barbie"
    Barbara# 2 --Weaklink109... AKA "Me":bigsmile: --usually referred to as "Barb"
    Barbara# 3 --Auntiebk --also referred to as "Barb" just to keep things interesting, and now
    Barbara # 4 --bsfriese -- not sure what we can call you. I DON'T think including JUST the first two letters of the login name would be a good way to differentiate ...for obvious reasons!!!:wink:

We also have a couple of Suzy's, and two Kathy's.

I am encouraged by your discussion of your parents, My Dad has lost it and my mom is weak and they have a big house and big yard ( in Colorado and I am in Florida) so i am looking for solutions. I have to convince them to give it up.

I was going to say my middle name is Sue and daddy called me Suzy, but since that one is taken, i will be the long form 'Barbara'
    my first 2 goals are 1 . log my meals daily
    2 .swim at least 20 min each week day
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Quickly, No time to read and catch up with everyone this am:cry: We are in Pendleton Oregon this am, yesterday being the "sore bottom day of driving" have already come 1100 miles from home....BAD, BAD, girl....Last night Gerald wanted Chinese food, could I say no:noway: of course not, and then I just had to have that piece of Marionberry Pie:blushing: at 11:30 at nighyt:sad: I was so mad at my self....the only good thing I can say about yesterday is that I did have a mini work out before we left the hotel ...today is another story,,.but once again...breakfast foods called to me:grumble: ...I just have to be good the rest of today....I can hope...

Have a good day everyone:flowerforyou:

Laura

you know that scale we brought...its in the trun:grumble: k...and I probably won't get it out until we get to Mom's on Monday!:huh: Best of intentions!:tongue:
  • heartrw
    Options
    ...:flowerforyou: Terri, I love hearing about your shirt that says I kiss my dog on the mouth.......that's us with our poodles:laugh:

... Barbie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just love it...people who don't love dogs just don't understand it though!

Had a good day. I am only .3 of a pound away from being into the 140's. It's been positively YEARS since I've been there. Actually doing lots of major housework in lieu of dedicated treadmill time has been working out great for me. Also shopping has been a great calorie burner too. Had fun at Gordman's and T.J. Max today. Got some cute sandals and a really cute sweater for spring. Had a busy day with bible study, shopping, cleaning the dining room and then moving outdoor furniture around from deck to patio and vice versa, so my calorie count is down. I have wheatables pecan nut crisps and natural super chunk peanut butter already recorded for my snack! Yummy!

Hope everyone has a good night and a good day tomorrow! Hope your are having fun camping with the family, too, Mary. Wish I could join you...I LOVE camping!!

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Had a good day. I am only .3 of a pound away from being into the 140's. It's been positively YEARS since I've been there.

:flowerforyou: Terri. You are reaching a milestone!!! You must be so thrilled. I am thrilled for you. :flowerforyou:

Rebel
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just thougth I'd pop in and say that DD's surgery was longer and harder than expected, but went well. It took til today for the pace to slow down enough for me to log in. Her care has been 24/7 since Monday. They ended up keeping her overnight and the nurses took as good care of me (sleeping in the recliner in her room) as they did her.

I haven't been on or logged my calories since Sunday and probably won't be able to again until next Monday.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Jeannie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Just thought I would stop and say "hi"--too tired to respond to everyone individually, but Jeannie, Glad to hear your daughter's surgery is over. Hope she mends quickly and you survive the caregiving.

My mom has arranged for the new part time housekeeper I found to start work next Tuesday. They met today and mom had her do some quick things as she didn't have the entire afternoon free the way she usually will. We went this morning to get haircuts, and she is getting around a little better, but still has back pain a lot of the time.

Speaking of pain...Bradley the Terror is a pain:devil: --at least that is what I thought last night when I came home from work and found that I forgot to latch the bathroom door. That is where the kitchen garbage can "lives" when I am not at home. I came home to find "Mr Terror" had managed to overturn the can, and pull the liner out and spread a path of refuse from the bathroom through the entryway, through the kitchen, and partway through the dining area-a distance of about 15 feet!! :noway: :noway: :noway: :mad: :explode: Thankfully, the can was not full, and there was not anything really yucky in there. Banana peels were about the worst.

I can hear someone saying "lock him up when you are out"--but I just can't do that to a 13 year old dog who was not crate trained. Those of you who have been on this thread since last year when I got him may recall that I took him after learning that the person who had taken him following the death of his "mom" was crating him whenever she left the house and he was freaking out.

Anyway, as long as I remember to lock up all the "temptations," he stays out of trouble--more or less:bigsmile: Anyway, I decided we needed to have a little "chat" so I picked him up and put him in the middle of the mess, and started telling him how "bad" it was and how he was a "bad boy." He certainly seems to understand English. He looked at me with big sad eyes, and retreated to the living room and laid with his back turned, like a kid sulking. After I finished cleaning up the disaster area, he came in and looked at me and gave my hand a little lick--kinda like "I'm sorry." He looked so sad, couldn't stay mad at the little goof, so I ended up sitting down in my chair and having him and Pepper snuggled up--my two little "laptops" in their usual spot.

Tonight--since you can bet that door was latched this morning--no major problems.

I have to go to work early tomorrow, so I have to end this. Our schedule is so fouled up, and mine has been changed so many times in the last month that I actually resorted to emailing myself a copy of it to my personal account in order to make sure I don't arrive late. :noway: There is plenty more I could say about the situation, but it would only make me more ticked off than I already am, and if my BP goes up I won't be able to sleep!!

See you all later.

Barb (#2)
  • pattio
    pattio Posts: 9
    Options
    i am back on the wagon or rather the gym and that takes care of some of the "blues". I also had the fortune to have my dr. send me to a diabetic clinic to learn about blood sugar levels and the risk of type 2 diabetes. i crave carbohydrates, salt , sugar you name it. when i dont eat properly i pay with feelig really lousy. now i try to start off my day with a low glycemic breakfast ( i,e,) multgrain type oatmeal with milk for the protein. i am trying to increase my fresh fruits and veggies each day. when i am careful with the breads ( which i try to avoid) and other starches i feel so much better! i like this site because it is forcing me to really look at my portions. (cant seem to loose the idea of protien every meal at least 3 oz::() i also feel boosted as i record the gym times i am able to do. I cannot get my heart rate up so inorder to lose wt i need to do endurance type workouts (longer times less intensity) . i try to juggle this with work fulltime, and adjusting to the last child out (this month) and a chronic health disease. my goals for this month are to work out 5/7, not wreck my joints doing this, make my portions smaller ( smaller plates too!) and no junk. I also try to "play each weekend and truly appreciate all that i am able to do and enjoy in my life. my son, who is living with failing health turned me onto this site. in the past i have lost 60 lbs with tops but am really having a time to keep on track. thanks for all your inputs and sharing it is good to know i am not struggling by myself.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :
    Hello All,

I can hear someone saying "lock him up when you are out"--but I just can't do that to a 13 year old dog who was not crate trained. Those of you who have been on this thread since last year when I got him may recall that I took him after learning that the person who had taken him following the death of his "mom" was crating him whenever she left the house and he was freaking out.

Tonight--since you can bet that door was latched this morning--no major problems.

See you all later.

Barb (#2)

:flowerforyou: I agree with you Barb, I could never put our dogs in a crate, I know some people swear by crates, but I think they are cruel. :mad: If we have to leave our dogs for any length of time they have the run of the house I just close any doors I don't want them to go into, at least they can walk about change sleeping positions etc. But I know this is a touchy subject and not everyone will agree.

Woops look at the time I will have to catch up with all the threads tonight when I get home from work
    Best wishes everyone
    Viv :smile:
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Barb and Wizzywig:

I'm with you. Even after years of working rescue, I hate to crate any of the dogs I foster. It sounds like your fella has separation anxiety which is really common after re-homing. My oldest cocker is about 10 years old and still freaks when he goes to the groomer and has to be crated. When we go out, we have to lock the pantry, etc. since Finnegan is a food thief. Several years ago, he figured out how to open the pantry and consumed an entire bag of dark hershey kisses. Thank goodness I came home right after he ate all of this and was able to get him to the vet.

My youngest cocker was rescued from a puppy mill and it took us two weeks to get her to come out of the crate on her own! i think for some dogs the crate represents security and for others, sheer torture. There are calming drugs for dogs but I hate to use any of that. We have a really good dog psychologist that works with our rescue group and I have used several of her techniques with my fosters.

Have a great day!
  • LifeAfter50
    Options
    Hello All

After logging in for a week now.. I have found ---- I had no idea what I was really eating before... lots of junk food and empty calories...hardly any fruits or veggies.... Now with the calorie counter... I can really see what I'm eating and it's making a difference.... I feel better... I have started walking on the treadmill at the gym and can actually walk for 20 min without giving out of breath... I really had no idea I was in this bad of shape.... I realize it's going to take some time to start eating healthy and get out and walk more often... but I'm determined to do this.....

Thanks for the tips.... Barb - it does help me... to plan ahead what I will be eating for the week...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Speaking of pain...Bradley the Terror is a pain:devil: --at least that is what I thought last night when I came home from work and found that I forgot to latch the bathroom door. That is where the kitchen garbage can "lives" when I am not at home. I came home to find "Mr Terror" had managed to overturn the can, and pull the liner out and spread a path of refuse from the bathroom through the entryway, through the kitchen, and partway through the dining area-a distance of about 15 feet!! :noway: :noway: :noway: :mad: :explode: Thankfully, the can was not full, and there was not anything really yucky in there. Banana peels were about the worst.

Anyway, as long as I remember to lock up all the "temptations," he stays out of trouble--more or less:bigsmile: Anyway, I decided we needed to have a little "chat" so I picked him up and put him in the middle of the mess, and started telling him how "bad" it was and how he was a "bad boy." He certainly seems to understand English. He looked at me with big sad eyes, and retreated to the living room and laid with his back turned, like a kid sulking. After I finished cleaning up the disaster area, he came in and looked at me and gave my hand a little lick--kinda like "I'm sorry." He looked so sad, couldn't stay mad at the little goof, so I ended up sitting down in my chair and having him and Pepper snuggled up--my two little "laptops" in their usual spot.

Barb (#2)

I understand what you are going through with Bradley. Our canine baby was a rescue that came with LOADS of bad habits too. Some we were able to slowly overcome; others we have just learned to live with. But she is THE BEST snuggler and traveling companion ever! :love: When we got Muffin (1/2 Shih Tzu - 1/2 Terrier) she was somewhere between 2-3 and NOT potty trained. She had lived as a hobo dog roaming the neighborhood so long that she still loves to raid the trash can, but is smart about cars. She was scared of thunder and other loud noises, men, small children, hands, feet, brooms, doorways, and slick floors. I tried crate training her, but she would just rub her nose raw trying to get out. Even after having her over 6 years if given the chance, she disappears down the road and eats garbage and she still freezes in every doorway and has panic attacks during thunderstorms. It took me a year to get her where she would consistently go outside to potty, and she still has accidents when it storms. We have often said if we couldn't keep her, we'd have to put her to sleep cuz no one else would put up with her quirky ways.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I haven't done any dedicated exercise in a few days. When you are married to a man who remodels houses for sheer pleasure, you have to be careful what you mention over lunch, especially if its his day off. :noway: (When we moved here almost 2 years ago, we bought an older house that needed TLC. We did most everything but update kitchen and bathroom cabinets when we moved in. Lately we had been talking about using our tax refund to replace all the cabinets.) Wednesday, I woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep that morning and had laid there beside him mentally remodeling the kitchen and dining room waiting for the alarm to go off. So at lunchtime I was telling him what I had envisioned, and asked him if he thought traffic flow would be better if we relocated the dining room in one end of what was our Living room, and then ripped down the wall between the living room and dining room and moved the tv and couches in there away from the front door. I didn't even thin k he was paying attention! But my man came home and started switching out the furniture "to get a feel for it" and the next thing I know we are ripping out a wall and closing up a window. Long story short I have been doing some deep Spring cleaning and although I only gained 3" where the wall WAS, my house now SEEMS 3 x bigger!

Today I have enough of that done I can go for a bike ride and enjoy the sunshine before our next winter spell blows in tomorrow. Or maybe I will dig in the flowerbed. My tulips are coming up and I'm itching to get dirt under my fingernails. :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA for quite a while. I had to hunt up the thread. I am still at the same stand still I have been at for the past three months. And to boot, I have been experiencing a lot of stress at home with one of my daughters. I just can't seem to get it together lately. A couple of you have messaged me and I thank you very much. It has helped to know that there are people out there concerned for me. Also on the plus side...I have joined a workshop at the YMCA and am hoping that it will help get me motavated.
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have'nt posted for awhile...not alot of time but I read through some posts and it sounds like alot of you are geared up for spring! Its beautiful weather here and is going to be in the 80's today which means I better get out early and walk. I think I mentioned before working in food and beverage industry and I went another week passing up desserts and incredible food....this is absolutely unknown for me! Yesterday it was creme brulee...not an easy task since there were at least 50 staring me in the face! They were left over from an event I had and I passed them up no problem! A month ago I could'nt have done that....I probably would have eaten at least two but knowing I'm going to pull that piece of paper out of my pocket and record my food intake and record it on this site really helps!! Just for laughs I realized I'm not 30 anymore when I tried to do the 30 day shred DVD and could hardly walk in the morning...my daughter thought I would love it....shes 21! Better get walking ....thanks for the support out there!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    It's another glorious day in the Northeast. I've been outside a lot and out in the evening too so I still haven't caught up reading the thread from when we were without power. I would just like to reiterate that I think I really did use calories trying to stay warm. I lost 2 pounds and am keeping them off (doesn't show on my ticker since I had been higher than my orginal weight from Aug. 2008). My DH suggested I keep the heat very low and keep trying to stay warm so I can lose more weight.:laugh:

We just got back from walking into town and back. I am loving this great weather. Now, I am finally going to tackle picking up debris from the storm. Then we are heading into NYC for a party on the west side, but, since we will stop first at my son's on the east side, I will get more exercise because we plan to walk from the east side to west side thru Central Park.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Maybe I can catch up on this thread then. In the meantime, welcome back to Becky (swissmiss). :flowerforyou: It's been a long time. So glad to hear from you (wish you weren't so stressed tho). I was out of touch for awhile too, but now I'm back and it's working so stick with us.
    Zaza
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Weaklink-

I've never crated a dog, but I do lock mine up when I have to by confining them to a small room like either a laundry room or a bathroom when I am out. Some friends lock theirs in a spare bedroom. We had a cat we use to lock in the bathroom to preserve our living room furniture. My dogs are locked in the laundry when the weather is bad and I can't leave them outside. (I have really old unused dog houses that appear to be beneath the dignity of my pets.)

Having a space that is already dog proof makes for fast get-aways as I don't have to remember what I need to lock up or put up.

Good luck with it,

Jeannie
  • heartrw
    Options
    Greetings all. Good to see you back on the thread Becky and Jeannie. So glad to hear your daughter is improving after surgery, Jeannie. Sorry to hear you are going through stress at this time, Becky. Hang in there. Everything does pass, eventually. Stay strong. You can always come here to vent your frustration rather than reach for your favorite comfort snack. I, for one, can't remember who said something I wanted to respond to, what it was, or who said it, for that matter when I read it in the posts less than five minutes ago...and I have a feeling I'm not the only one... this is a VERY safe place to vent! When I really want to respond to something, I have to open up another browser window, go into MFP and the community and flip back and forth from the two windows.

Thanks for the encouragement, Rebel. I am totally with you on the last three months being painful as far as weight loss, Becky. I've been going at it for three months and have a total of a lousy 6 pounds lost from 12/22 to now. But I tell myself "at least I've lost six pounds, instead of gaining and retaining it!"

To all dog lovers...re crating puppy's of all ages...we tried crating our mini dachsund when we first moved into this house. It got to where the poor little guy crawled up on my lap about 30 minutes before I had to leave and sat there trembling and shaking like a leaf. I decided to try leaving him out and never had a bit of trouble from him until he got very old, and that wasn't due to him being naughty, just old and couldn't hold it any longer!

Debbie...take care of yourself and your diabetes. Losing weight and eating healthy, low glycemic foods are great ways to do that!

Going to neighbors for wine and appetizers and then out for dinner tonight. My nemesis. But, I already did up a plate of red, yellow and green pepper strips with fat free ranch veggie dip, and a plateful of a variety of reasonably healthy wholegrain crackers (she'll put out her hummus and goat cheese) and ran them next door for her to put out tonight. So, if I can stick to the veggies and one glass of wine, I should be fine. Order a salad for dinner and I should be GREAT!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Speaking of weekend eating, which some of you have been,...I heard on the John Tesh radio show that most people eat an average of 411 extra calories per day over the weekends (from either Thrs or Friday through Sunday) and that is enough to make a person gain 14 pounds in a year. He said limit your "weekend treat" to ONE MEAL and eat all the other meals/snacks eat as you normally do!! Having practiced weekend eating from Thursday night through Sunday for long enough to make me gain up to darn close to 200 pounds (total weight...not how much I gained)...I know that what he said is definitely true!

Bye for now, and take car all of you!:heart: Terri:heart: