WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

I'm watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I'm hoping my husband will get some ideas from it since he does most of the cooking at our house.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday to Barbie and Spaniel :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Jackie the weather here in York has been pretty grim this last week, :frown: Rain Rain and more Rain with a little teeny bit of sunshine thrown in. Today though it is quite sunny, so hopefully it will last and dry out the grass - I'm sick of walking the dogs in mud :grumble: :grumble: they get so dirty!

:smile: I've just bought a new digital camera but I need to buy a memory card - only took 3 photos and the memory is full :angry: I had to ring their helpdesk because I accidentally set it to Chinese instead of English and I couldn't fathom out how to change it cos all the instructions on screen were in Chinese :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Silly me Senior moment or what.

As it is Saturday I am going to be extra careful what I eat as I don't want to gain weight again this weekend :noway:

Good luck to all the others who seem to gain a few pounds over the weekend. :drinker:

Well I'll have to get going over to my Uncle's, I usually do a bit of shopping and a dust around his house for him 3 times a week, but didn't go the other day because I didn't feel too well myself , I still feel a bit under the weather, but like most of you - we just have to keep on going ! :smile:

Viv x
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Afternoon Everyone ..... from what feels a chilly N.Wales. It's sunny at least but not quite the holiday temperatures we've been used to. Oh well......it was lovely to spend the time with our grandson who is........:heart: .very huggable!!! His parents will just love me later on as I spent ages talking to him and saying ...,."Remember Ewan ...when you're in the car Daddy will want you to say...Are we there yet ? over and over again!!!":bigsmile:

Anyway ..:smile: .I braved the scales this morning and was quite pleased to see that I'd only gained 3 pounds over the holiday...but we still have the weekend to go. Monday will be get back on track day. At least I know that with all of you & MFP help I can do it!!

:frown: I didn't manage to get to do my Salsa and Jive on holiday as my shoulder and arm still played up. One good thing though was that I got out of carrying bags, shopping etc ...bad thing was..:sad: I couldn't hold baby Ewan or swim properly but it didn't stop me enjoying myself !! Maybe off to the doctors next week if it still hurts although what can be done other than pain killers/ muscle rub I don't know.

We're off to see friends tonight ..:drinker: .bubbly apparently on ice ...their birthday and our anniversary to belatedly celebrate while Mum is still in "Marleyworld" - her name for Marleyfield Home!!! We're looking forward to seeing her on Monday and hope the break hasn't been too confusing for her.

:heart: Son, DIL and 2 grandkids are over for late, late lunch tomorrow after we get back from Liverpool ..... dish out holiday presents time I think! and then ......it will be.......
    Monday and a back to normal day!!!

I'm off to pack the overnight bag now and try and do something with my hair and face! :laugh: Magic Wand anyone??
    Bye for now
    :flowerforyou: Jackie
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    A quick check in for me.

Did my exercise, off to the shower and then to do some shopping.

Everyone have a good day and make wise choices even though it is the week end!

Cindy
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have'nt posted for a week and I just want to thank everyone for the advice on my knees...this site is so wonderful and supportive. I think the liquid glucosomine sounds great plus a couple knee braces and I'm on my way! What busy lives everyone has...what with working, taking care of children, parents, husbands and gardens I don't know how anyone has time for anything...but so nice that we take some time for ourselves on this site.
    I can't remember if I mentioned I am an event coordinator for a hotel but I wore a pedometer yesterday for an all day event and I walked something like 12 miles according to the pedometer!! I burned around 800 calories in the time I worked so it just showed me how much I had to be eating to be getting that much activity in a day and gain weight. However for 6 weeks I have brought my own food from home and I simply can't stress enough what an accomplishment that is for me because in the AM I passed up the most delicious pastries and had my cereal instead and at lunch I passed up 3 different entrees and 100 leftover creme brulees. In the evening I do treat myself to one glass of wine and a healthy dinner. Anyways this morning I got on the scale and I have lost 7 pds! I really feel like I'm on my way to a healthy lifestyle...!!
    I also live 50 miles from San Franciso and tommorrow my boyfriend and I are going to the King Tut exhibit. Guess where he wants to stop on the way for lunch? The cheese cake factory and who know where we'll end up for dinner. Then on Tuesday of this week my boss gave myself and 2 others a pass for a wine tasting and lunch at the Gloria Ferrar winery. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love the Nor Cal wine country and I love my job but the food possibilites that go along with the territory are endless and I feel like I'm really making some progress in changing my choices and that feels good.
    Have a good weekend everyone and again thanks for the support!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :
    :frown: I didn't manage to get to do my Salsa and Jive on holiday as my shoulder and arm still played up. One good thing though was that I got out of carrying bags, shopping etc ...bad thing was..:sad: I couldn't hold baby Ewan or swim properly but it didn't stop me enjoying myself !! Maybe off to the doctors next week if it still hurts although what can be done other than pain killers/ muscle rub I don't know.

I'm off to pack the overnight bag now and try and do something with my hair and face! :laugh: Magic Wand anyone??
    Bye for now
    :flowerforyou: Jackie

:flowerforyou: Jackie have you tried Aloe Vera drinks ? My son and DIL sell Aloe Vera products from a company called Forever Living (I'm sure they are an American Company so you may have heard of them) my friend Cindy at work also sells it ,and she swears by it for her bad back. My friend Jane's husband has tried it and he finds it helps his bad back too - he's a carpet fitter by trade and often has back trouble. Another friend Rachel has painful joints and Cindy has recommended it to her too and she is also feeling the benefit. Suzanita it may also help your poorly knees. Just a thought for you both and wondered if you had tried it. There are a few different types, I have tried the Aloe Berry Necter (aloe vera with cranberry and apple juice) mainly for the health benefits it offers. It does taste strange at first and takes a few days to get used to it especially the plain Aloe Vera, but mixed with a bit of fruit juice it's fine. :smile: Advert over - :smile:

I've only just kept within my calories today, but I am still surprised that I eat so much junk food on a Saturday, even though I said earlier that I was going to be careful :frown: I really must get out of this habit on a weekend :frown: Maybe the way to go on a weekend is to enter my food on a Friday night and then just try and stick to it :smile: I might try that now for tomorrow see if it stops me treating myself to a biscuit every 2 or 3 hours with my cuppa.

:smile: There's a few bits and pieces I need to tidy away before bed, and as the clocks go forward an hour tonight and I lose out on my precious beauty sleep I'd better make a start as it is almost midnight .... Goodnight everyone. :bigsmile:
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I haven't been on this thread in a while now. I finally reached my goal weight of losing 25 pounds. I'll be honest and say that the last bit of the weight was lost because of stress.

I just found out recently that my dad died. He had bladder cancer.

My dad used to be a smoker. He smoked from a young age right into his retirement years. He had quite about 8 years ago. I know that most cases of bladder cancer are attributed to smoking. His death was very painful he suffered tremendously.

I have been reading up about the cancer that he died from and what I got from it was that study after study is proving that many cancers are preventable.

A lot has to do with our lifestyle choices:

don't smoke

eat lots of fruits and vegetables

eat very little red meat, if you do, make it lean meat

be physically active

drink lots of water

You know, I read all of this information and what I really got from it was that if we want to see our children and their children grow up, if we want to try to not die a painful, cruel death, then we owe it to ourselves and our loved ones to take care of us.

As mothers, we always put ourselves on the back burner, we're nurturers by nature. But if we really, really want to nurture and care for our loved ones, then we must put ourselves on the front burners. We have to take care of ourselves so that we can be here to care for them too.

I am at my weight loss goal and I feel lighter, but my heart feels so heavy.

Weight loss and healthy living is so much more than that number on the scale, it's our very life. It's for our loved ones to wake up each day with a smile knowing that their (mom, sister, daughter, friend) is still in their life.

Let's do this for them.

I've missed all of you and I truly hope that you are striving to be physically active each day and living a healthy lifestyle.

Take care

Debbie
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I am sorry to hear about your father's death. My father died from colon cancer 11 years ago, and it still hurts. I pray that you will find some comfort in the love of family and friends, and some solace in happy memories. Take care of yourself.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Debbie, I am so, so sorry for the loss of your father. Your words are very true...we all need to focus more on ourselves in order to take care of others...something that most women struggle with I think. Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings and also for offering motivation for a healthier lifestyle. And Mary is right: take care of yourself. I hope that you can take some small pleasure in your weight loss success. You should certainly feel proud of yourself in that regard. With sympathy, Kackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and belated happy birthday to Spaniel......I turned 64 on this birthday and thanks to all my good health habits, I feel younger this year than I have in decades.

:brokenheart: Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad......you are so right to learn some good lessons from this sadness...I read somewhere that because of bad health habits that the next generation will be the first one to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents......there is a solution and it starts with us.

:flowerforyou: Viv, I am ROFLMAO at your camera set to Chinese...the new technology has so many opportunities for confusion:laugh: We turned our clocks ahead two weeks ago and I still haven't gotten used to the new time.......it's a good thing I don't have to get up to be at work at 8 any more.

:flowerforyou: Jackie, I've missed your humor
    teaching your grandson to say "Are we there yet" is hilarious

:flowerforyou: Suzanita, you have been amazing passing up all the fabulous food temptations....nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

:flowerforyou: Today is my Isagenix cleanse day so I've been taking it easy since I don't consume too many calories.....DH and I took a 30 minute walk with the poodles this morning and went to Sears to buy the mower and weed whacker.....DH went out and got rid of weeds while the poodles and I took a long nap.......I rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes and now have the laundry to finish......life doesn't get much better than this.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Afternoon ...just!... everyone. A lovely day here in Mynydd Isa. We're back from our night away and the lunch is "doing" in the oven, awaiting the hungry hoards! Ryan, 11, has a great appetite as does my son and DIL but Jessica, 7 ...going on 17.... is a little more "picky". It is nice though ,isn't it , to all sit as a family and see the children eat properly. Jessica had a dairy allergy when younger but now has grown out of it, making it easier to plan meals.she was very good and always asked "Can I eat this mummy?" if something may have had a dairy base and never whinged at the No chocolate rule!

:ohwell: I've begun again and have at least logged in my meals for today ... the kitchen aromas are making my mouth water as I write!!:bigsmile:
    I can't say that Spanish Food excites me an awful lot - perhaps that's why the weight gain from holiday wasn't too bad!!. Tapas is something and nothing, Paella has to be good because..... although I say it myself...I make a mean Paella. A friend who lives in Spain brings over the Paella seasoning which helps get the authentic flavours.I did take some on holiday with me ... We have a very apt saying here ...taking Coals to Newcastle!! It was good to eat at our friends last night as she too was a chef when we worked together ... great tasty food, healthily cooked. All was well until her famous tiramasu dessert came out! Would have been impolite to refuse it!!!:smile: I didn't have seconds though...honest!

Viv ... thanks for the thought on Aloe Vera drink. I think my sister in law in Jersey used to use it. I used to take Glucosamine tablets but that dwindled off ...hate taking tablets!! I tried loads of different menopause tablets too but to no avail - stopped them when HRT kicked in. I'm off that now and thank goodness no symptoms have returned. So ... no pills at all if I can help it!!

Debbie .... Sad news about your Father. My thoughts are with you It is hard to know a loved one has suffered at the end. You sound as if you're being strong though and getting through the other side of it all to be left with good memories.

:noway: Our clocks went forward last night and it will soon be a new Month ... hope we're all ready.
    What will all your April Goals be? :heart: My next "Event" is in June when my grandson is christened. Posh frock is needed I think, as we're having "Afternoon Tea" at the Royal Berkshire Hotel in Ascot afterwards. All cucumber sandwiches and fancy teas no doubt!! Something to aim for then...

Must go now ... the honeyed roast parsnips smell as if they're caramelising!!:devil:
    Be good!!
    Bye for now!!
    :heart: Jackie
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am back from Florida. I hoped that 2 weeks without alcohol would help me lose weight. I walked every day at my mother's and had lost 2 pounds. But 2.5 days driving back in the car and eating in restaurants put me up again. So no real change. I am up 1.4 from when I left home. Hopefully I can lose that this week. I am tired of always losing and gaining the same 2 pounds each week. I guess a lot of us are in the same boat. With summer coming I really want to get down!!!

Other than that I had a pleasant vacation with my mother and she is safely back home again. She says she doesn't want to cook anymore so we ate out every day so I guess 1.4 isn't too bad. It feels like water weight anyway. I am hoping by tomorrow it will be gone.

susan
  • LifeAfter50
    Options
    Barbie - Happy Belated Birthday !! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Spaniel - Happy Belated Birthday!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Debbie - I'm so sorry for the loss of your father.... I hope your loving memories will help ease your pain My father has been gone for 24 years ... we buried him the day before Easter Sunday... and I still have a very hard time at Easter....

Well I still have not weighed in yet... but I'm feeling better and will try another walk around the neighborhood today... My sinuses have been so stopped up ... I could not walk without my teeth hurting.... ewhhh not a good feeling.... but I'm on the upside of this mess.... and look forward to feeling a little better every day...

Jackie - I'm like you... I do not like taking any pills.... :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Take care everyone and remember drink your water !!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    One more comment on what counts as water: I was told it is what ever is clear and does not have caffeine in it. So apple juice, tea without creamer, clears broth soups with stuff in them, Gatorade, etc.

Michele – Internet access is much more available now than it use to be. Just keep your eyes open for places that have it. Grocery stores with Starbucks or other coffee shops have them. A safe place for dieters is a book store chain like Borders or Hastings. Good luck.

Belated Happy Birthdays to all of you who had a birthday this month. It looks like we have many March babies in the group.

Suzanita – I hope you have/had a great time at the King Tut exhibit. And bravo on tracking your steps at work. It’s little things like that to help us realize just how much we really do eat to weigh what we do. Every bit of knowledge you get about yourself will help a lot.

DebbieW – I’m sorry to hear about your dad. Smoking is so bad but it is additive and sometimes people just can’t stop once they start. My thoughts go you to you and your family.

I'm doing OK and both looking forward to getting back to normal and dreading going back to work tomorrow. I do love my job, but ...... there is just so much to do.

JAM
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am back from our trip to Qualicum Beach. We had a wonderful time! Played golf - 18 holes on Friday and 9 holes on Saturday. I can feel the work out. Bought myself a new driver. I love playing golf :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Altogether I played golf 3 times this past week.

DH and I also bought new bicycles. They will be assembled this coming week, so we should be able to get out there soon and ride our bikes on the "Goose" (a trail that used to be railroad tracks named the "Galloping Goose"). Yeah!:happy:

Thanks for the tips on buying new running shoes. I had been thinking to go to Frontrunners here in town for fitting. It's no use for me to buy cheap shoes if I want to ACTIVELY get out there!

:heart: Have I just mentioned 3 outside activities I love? 1. Playing golf; 2. Riding a bicycle; 3. Running.

:heart: :heart: Rebel :heart: :heart:
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Greetings, all. Welcome back Susan, Jackie and Debbie (THR).

Debbie W - so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. You are so right about making good choices to be around for your family.

Doing good diet and exercise wise. Still getting in lots of housework and furniture moving. Today we got the family room and upstairs hallway put back together and pictures hung. Things are coming together fabulously and are looking really good!!

Well couples dinner at a friend's house tonight and I'm taking the salad. Guess I'd better go get to it. Have a good Sunday!!

:heart: Terri:heart:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    :heart: Warning another monsterlong post. :huh: and Oops! it posted itself before I was done editing :ohwell:

Barbie- Belated Happy Birthday, didn't know you were a March babe too! How many steps in your pedometer stories? Consistent from day to day or do they vary significantly like mine? Am adopting your "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" as my affirmation for the week! How often do the cleanse days occur?

Becky- Happy Anniversary week and congratulations on the 22 lbs! What prompted the Lenten experiment was a .2 lb weight gain even though exercising and eating healthier. ACK! Knew I had to try something different. BUT until you asked for specifics, I hadn't really analyzed the results. The good news is I stopped gaining. The bad news is average wt loss is actually less (.78/wk Lent vs 1/wk pre-Lent) So go ahead and pop the cork to celebrate your anniversary! Hard to understand how eliminating at least 4 (more like 6) beers and the extra after-calories hasn't make more of a difference, but maybe I'd've plateaued if not. After Easter, I'll continue the experiment through April and reevaluate. As for fresh veggies, have you tried container planting? If you have a patio or even a small balcony you could still have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers. With a hanging basket or window box could add lettuce, radishes, maybe even carrots ;)

Cindy- Congratulations on the skirt! :flowerforyou: Now that you know you can wear it, you'll try even harder to make it more comfy! How long has MIL Granny been living with you? How long since she was able to speak? You have real grit and love and are an inspiration! Any way to kick DH's sibs in the butt and get them to help somehow?

ChrissyEpson, WEIGHING IN on the water debate... :drinker: Pretty sure that all non-caffeinated, non-alcoholic fluids count as water. The kicker with caffeine and alcohol is that they dehydrate, so you need to drink 2 C of water-equivalent for every 1 C of caffeinated or alcoholic bev. Blurp! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: MacMadame sorry to disagree, caffeine may not be a diuretic but tea sure is! Will research and post whatever I learn.

DebbieW I'm so sorry for your loss, and for your father's suffering. That's a hell of a way to reach a goal weight. :brokenheart:
    Weight loss and healthy living is so much more than that number on the scale, it's our very life. It's for our loved ones to wake up each day with a smile knowing that their (mom, sister, daughter, friend) is still in their life.
    Well said. I'm posting you post onto our fridge. DH has started moving away from red meat and toward more fruits and vegs, maybe it will inspire him too!

Debbie (TRT) Glad you're on the upside. Sinus pain is among the worst, and infections can stubbornly resist antibiotic treatment. Drinking more water should help! Next time you get really desperate, try drinking 8 oz of hot water mixed with 1 TBS Apple cider vinegar and 1 TBS honey, then standing in a hot steamy shower for as long as you can. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day. Should thin the mucus, reduce the inflammation and empty out those pockets of infection. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Doobiedoo, Funny, the thought of reverting to old ways tickled the back of my brain this week. Wish we could order Patience-On-Demand from Amazon.com :tongue:

Faye "Ring around the head" HAH! First time I'd heard that expression, thanks!:bigsmile:

Jackie Welcome back! Curry yumm. Haven't yet found good curry here in Idaho, I'm jealous! Good luck with the sore arm. If the Dr starts talking surgery, please ask for physical therapy, exercies, yoga, any alternative. Everyone (cousin, friend, coworker) who has rotator cuff surgery have said they would NOT have it again. -Just learned I like parsnips... would you share the honeyed parsnips recipe? -No to Tiramisu? :noway: You could never be so rude to such a dear friend:wink: Tea at the Ascot Royal Berkshire? Posh frock? We'll want to see pix! Loved the grandson training tale! My Line Dancing teacher's wife was offering their granddaugher candy for breakfast when the DD stopped her with "Mom! Don't sugar her up first thing!"... so a little while later the grandbaby came out of the kitchen with her breakfast bowl filled with... ICE CREAM!

Jeannie DD on exercise bike within a day of the surgery? WOW. She's a brave gal! Must take after her Mama! Thanks for the news about Vitamin C, since its already part of my regime... ;} Con VERY gratulations on no weight gain throughout this stressful time. :explode: How DARE the health plan disallow rehab after hip surgery? It makes me so mad! It's not the clerk's fault, really, they're just following the greedy insurance :devil: company's script. Please contact your DD's surgeon's office, they can help you fight! Meanwhile she's a lucky gal to have such a dedicated and personal pt... :heart: She's really going back to school on Monday? Yikes! Dogs in ski jackets? What an image! :bigsmile: Jeannie, you are so right about smoking. I could NOT stop on my own. :sad: Tried many times. Believe my Mama-in-heaven and the good Lord conspired to stop me. What finally worked was pneumonia, 8 days in hospital, 3 weeks on oxygen, and 5 weeks lost work. EVEN then, 3 months later after splitting a bottle of wine with my SIL, begged a drag from her cigarette. That was when I learned, I could EITHER smoke OR breathe, but not BOTH! LOVED the bookstores as safe places for dieters to access the internet, just not so safe for us book-buying junkies... ;)

Kackie, Oww! Glad your fall didn't keep you from enjoying the last 2 days of vacation. You're right about a good yoga teacher. There are now even certified therapeutic yoga teachers who specialize in designing a practice targeted at your individual issues and modified for your level of flexibility (or as in my case, non-):wink:

Kathy, please share what you learn and decide about HRMs... Thinking an HRM wd be a good "20 lbs lost treat"... ;) when I get there!

Madgoth, Great start! Don't worry to much about eating your exercise calories at first. You're moving now, drinking water, logging intake...you've stopped the downhill slide! Singing always makes me HUNGRY, hope there's a little allowance saved for a healthy snack! What do you sing?

Mary, Swimming 1/3 of a mile! Wondrous! Haven't swum in years, maybe I should look for a likely venue... in about 50 pounds! ;) Love your "now I am" comment about size and breathing improvements. Will try to follow your positive example! Loved the camping pix, who's the snow frosted pooch?

Michelle, I'm with you totally. Love to bake, hate begging others for money. SO SORRY to hear that the jerks are now going to ruin your favorite branch. :mad: Hope they keep mitts OFF the branch near you and you can turn it into the one you like best! Have you researched a new HRM? Which one have u decided on, and why? Glycerine? DOH! And there it sits on craft closet shelf. It's going on the bedstand RIGHT NOW! Thanks, but I'll use cotton gloves, not plastic, talk about feeling yucky! Amen to Whole Foods and Master Card. We don't have a Whole Foods, but I couldn't go to our Co-op without it... ;) Enjoy Florida! What is HIIT?

Renny Cool new pic! A very different gal from the one with the yellow top... ;) Love the spangled scarf too, how's the belly dancing coming? Jealous of your trip, really miss the ocean. Skinny Wednesday AND Skinny Saturday AND Running and Biking and GOLF? WOW! You ROCK!

smwert welcome back! It sure IS discouraging not to loose more without the alcohol... The travel wt gain may well be water, and salt! Have to guard against an attack of the MayasWells, when they hit me yesterday I put on a Country Dance Party CD and danced around the house until they abated. Closed all the drapes first, tho'

Spaniel Heard about this study on TV one morning last week. The TV Dr Gal (don't know her name) said something to the effect of: "I'm with VP Biden on this... 'Give me a break!; That's just what we women need, ANOTHER thing to do, another knife through our hearts. 30 minutes is ENOUGH!"

Suzanita 12 miles, wow. 7 pounds WOW! I'm sure there WILL be healthy choices for you, at the winery at least, not so sure how to handle the Cheesecake Factory, unless you hike the 50 miles to SF;) Say hello to the wine country for me. Mama and Papa retired to Napa and I really enjoyed the driviving there from the East Bay.

Teri, Please no! Not saintly at all. Still imbibing weekends ;) Congrats, you'll be enjoying that massage REAL SOON!

Viv, thanks for the tip about Quorn products, found some at our local Co-op and will try soon. Now what the heck are Chocolate Minstrels? Know what u mean about inside vs outside age. Still 19 in my heart, but then there's that cruel cruel mirror... ?Set the camera's language to Chinese? Laughed so hard I cried! Can so clearly see me doing that. :rotflmao:

Thank you ALL for your posts. Even when I can't respond I read them all and always get something out of each one.
    hugs,
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Debbie: Sorry to hear about your Dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Auntiebk: As far as the latest guilt trip from the medical community regarding exercise, I have decided that I will do what I can, when I can. We are all trying so hard, let's give ourselves some well-deserved credit: drinker:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    The snow frosted pooch is our standard poodle, Suzie Q. She is a sweetheart, and such a trooper.

Regarding the Chinese speaking camera:
    Before I got my new computer, my last printer only spoke French. My aunt gave it to me, and it was in English for her, but for me it would only speak French. Even when my son in law and others would reset it to English, as soon as they left and I tried it, it went back to the French displays. It was very hard for me to decipher what I should do. I would be screaming at it, but since I don't know any curse words in French, it never understood or cared. I did not mourn when it died. It was rather a love/hate relationship.

Happy Palm Sunday to all! Here's to smart choices!