WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Jeannie - what does the doctor say about recumbant bikes??

They are OK with them but only after you have been using the uprights for 8 weeks.

Barbie - I am definitely using muscles I don't usually do. One of the exercises is hard on my back, but most are almost like semi squats while I'm holding her leg and swayins and squatting to move her leg in a cicle.

Well, time to finish the last session for tonight.

Jeannie
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi before I head to bed. It's been a busy day. Hope all are fine. Have a good Thursday tomorrow!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone

I'm not feeling too good at the moment :frown: I have a cold - ache all over etc and feeling a bit sorry for myself. My comfort eating kicked in last night when hubby offered me some chocolate Minstrels and instead of saying no ........ I grabbed a handful and ate them without even thinking ... :frown: What happened to your will power girl !! :huh: Anyway I've given myself a talking to and today is another day :smile: I will make good healthy choices today.

:smile: I have been recommending this site to my friends at work. It's been such a help to me and I love reading the threads in this group, everyone is so encouraging

Well I'd better start getting ready for work, I've loads to do and can't rush this morning. I'm sure once the paracetamol kick in I'll be able to function. :smile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Take care

Viv
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Looks like we will have another good day temperature wise. Clouds are supposed to be coming in and give us rain later tomorrow.

Renny: My favorite running shoes are Asics: Really comfortable. The thing I like about them is that they seem to have a wider toe box which helps if you want to wear a cushy pair of socks. I usually invest in the higher priced ones because they have more shock absorption. I've been wearing them for years and need a new pair myself. Be sure that you get a pair that is big enough (some room left over in the front of your toes). My first ever job was selling shoes at a department store. I always to this day notice feet and what people have on.

Have a good day!

Cindy
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Morning, Ladies...

Jam0525: I feel the same way - we are all lucky to get in the exercise time that we do! I told my hubby that I felt like the media, medical community, etc. was just dumping one more thing of guilt on women our age. We are already dealing with aging parents, adult children, work, home, etc. One woman profiled on the news said she works out 2 X a day and I am thinking where the heck does she find the time (or the energy for that matter :smile: ) Okay, enough whine for me today.

Have a sunshine day!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

I think I'm finally going to get all my exercise in today! Which will be the first time in almost two weeks. My grand idea of bringing an exercise DVD with me in the hotel didn't work out. I didn't have more than a few minutes in between everything going on.

At least I have a workout DVD now to help breakup my routines at home.

Wizzywig - I just love the name and the picture.

If you've never been to Colorado the one thing that struck me more than anything else was how dog friendly it is. Dogs, dogs everywhere. Big dogs, little dogs, dogs with ski jackets on, all breeds, All on leashes. There were dog parks all over the place.

Off to run errands........somethings just never change nor slow down.

Jeannie
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Viv: Hope you feel better soon!

Jeannie: Yes, skiing is a great treat isn't it? My son says it is the closest thing to feeing like you have super powers...well, until you fall! No falling today, just nice, sunshine and cruisers for me.

Rebel: Have a good time on your trip. Hope you both have a great time. A couple of days away can be just the best!

Too many out to dinners lately...another last night with our son and some of his good buddies. Another night out with some friends at their house here tonight. Good for friendships...Not good for the ticker. But I am hanging in there and not going over, but am using some of my exercise calories! I will try for Skinny Wednesday next week. We will be traveling and I hope I can use that time to eat simply. If I plan ahead, I do well. SOOOOO....here's to planning!!!:drinker:

Have a nice evening, all, Kackie
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :happy: Greetings all.
    Morning, Ladies...

Jam0525: I feel the same way - we are all lucky to get in the exercise time that we do! I told my hubby that I felt like the media, medical community, etc. was just dumping one more thing of guilt on women our age. We are already dealing with aging parents, adult children, work, home, etc. One woman profiled on the news said she works out 2 X a day and I am thinking where the heck does she find the time (or the energy for that matter :smile: ) Okay, enough whine for me today.

Have a sunshine day!!

Regarding the report that women our age have to exercise for an hour every day to maintain...I exercise 30 minutes. I live in basically a three story house (1st, 2nd and basement) with lots of square footage. After I run up and down stairs, go shopping, prepare food, clean the kichen, clean house, do laundry, and motivate my you know what all over the place and back...I figure I've gotten way more than an hour of exercise. Like today. I spent all afternoon at work assembling notebooks. After 4 hours of bending, reaching, pressing and carrying , and the way my back was screaming at me all the way home...I figure I got PLENTY of exercise with that and my 30 minutes on the treadmill.

:cry: Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Viv. Hope you’re better now. I peeked at your profile pictures (Jeannie reference to your pic made me do it!!). What adorable dogs…both of them (I’m assuming there are only two). They look to be living very comfortable, happy lives!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, it’s so nice to have you back. Hope your daughter is recuperating well. You’ll be bound to get lots of exercise when helping her with her PT.

:yawn: Have a good night all. :heart: Terri :heart:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great day. Just wanted to let you know that I put some pictures from our warm then cold camping trip on my profile if you are interested.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for all the good wishes I am feeling a bit better thanks, soon be 100% I'm sure :smile:

Terri - yes we only have the 2 dogs now, we lost our old dog Milo a few years ago, he had heart disease. He was the best dog ever and I still miss him every day. He was a cross breed (we think he had a bit of beagle, staffie + others in him) but he was adorable, I'll have to get some photo's of him uploaded to put on my profile.:smile:

It's a bit brighter this morning, so maybe it will be a sunny day - we can but hope! I'm going shopping later this morning I have a few birthday present to buy. It's my grandson's 5th birthday 12th April - I can't believe he's 5 already and haven't a clue what to get him. It's also my Aunt's birthday on 14th April. I can't believe I will be 54 years old at the end of March :ohwell: I still feel about 21 in my head :bigsmile: but when I catch sight of myself I think good grief is that me - :frown: That's one of the reasons I want to lose weight and get fitter I am just too heavy for my body, no wonder my legs and back ache it's carrying all this extra weight :laugh:

:smile: So healthy options when I go food shopping this morning, I'll try and keep away from the biscuits and buy plenty of fruit and healthy snacks.

Well I have some tidying up to do before I go shopping so I'd better get a move on. (Think of all the calories you are using Viv) Hey the sun has come out :smile:

Viv x
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hello everyone! Welcome to our new people!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It has been REALLY busy at work this week! The garden center is almost ready for all the spring sales! I'm looking at HRMs because I'm starting to wonder how many calories I'm burning there.:happy:

Weigh in today--down 2 pounds!:happy: 201! Just 2 more and I'll be under 200 for the first time in almost 30 years!:laugh: I am excited about that.

WOW--I need to get used to the smaller keyboard on my net book! I keep hitting the wrong keys and then having to edit!:tongue:
  • LifeAfter50
    Options
    Hello Ladies

I'm still not feeling the greatest :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: I can not shake this sinus infection:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: I have been to the doctor 3 times with several different antibiotics :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: and now the yellow pollen is falling from the oak trees and this will make it even worse... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

But I'm not giving up.... Today is a new day.... and I will try harder to make the right decisions but it's just so hard for me when I feel so bad... comfort food is all I really want...

I need to remind my self MORE WATER!!!! I'm not drinking enough:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Happy Friday morning everyone!

Today is our last day at home. On Monday DD heads back to school and I head back to work. She is doing OK. With our health plan denying her rehabilitation plan it will take longer to get her off crutches and back on her feet. There is only so much that I can do at home. But, I'm determined. Tomorrow we will start Pool Therapy on our own at a city pool.

I weighed myself this morning and it's still what it was before the surgery. So I am very, very happy considering we ate out 3 meals a day for 10 days.

Thanks for all the well wishes. They are greatly appreciated.

Well, since I'm home today Mom has decided to make meatballs. She can't make them on her own any more. lol Just one more thing to do today.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good Morning,we are only about 20 posts away from 500. When we get to 500 posts there will be a link at the bottom to go the "part two" of the thread.

It's a sort of spring morning here and DH has headed to the golf course.......he is so happy to be playing golf again......he's taking a cart but expects to be going back to walking the course before long.

:flowerforyou: Yesterday was my birthday....we went out to eat at my favorite restaurant on Saturday night and on Tuesday I roasted a turkey for our friends who always invite us to their house for dinner, so there was no need to go out on my actual birthday. DH and I spent the afternoon and evening together and he followed my wishes for no card, no flowers, no gift., no food Next week we'll go out together and buy the new lawn mower and weed whacker that we both want and that will be the best gift (he cuts the grass, that's a really great gift).

I've been staying under my calories every day but today on my regular weigh in I was up 4 tenths of a pound. I'm off to line dance in a few minutes and I'll take the dogs to the dog park later.

:flowerforyou: I agree that women who care for a family (even a family that's only a low maintenance husband) get a lot of exercise on top of whatever they do for formal exercise. I've been carrying a pedometer in my pocket for at least three years and the number of daily steps tell the story of lots of activity.

Lets stay busy today and make healthy choices. :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • arborsong
    arborsong Posts: 98
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Barbie, Happy one-day-late birthday to you, to you!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    I was always of the impression that tea etc. counted towards your water count as long as it was decaffenated.

I did 45 min of a Tone and Burn DVD today (Thurs) and then a friend of mine and I went to the nearest Whole Foods (which, unfortunately, is like 45 minutes away. Actually, that might be fortunate because if it was any closer, I'd be in there all the time. As it was I thanked God that they accepted Master Card....lol)

I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll go to the Y near me and do some HIIT on the elliptical. Then maybe something on the treadmill. Wish they had different machines here. I just get bored doing the same thing over and over. Or maybe I'll go to another branch of the Y, do my HIIT there, and then use their StairMaster. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I do know that I'll do something. I most likely won't be able to exercise Sat. as that is the day of the gala for our Newcomers group. I have to be at the country club at 10:30, then go to get my hair colored and styled, then home to get dressed to go back there by 6:00. But I'll do something at home on the Wii on Sunday, probably after church. Maybe I'll do a yoga DVD on Sunday. Just did my 15 min of yoga for the night and I changed my mind again. I haven't done pilates in a while so I'll do that Sunday.

For anyone who does a lot of traveling - we'll be leaving for FL for about 2 or 3 weeks. Usually, when I go away, I take some "snacks" with me. I've already bought carrots, apples, pears, to take with me. I have some nuts, dried fruit with me. What else do you all take with you? Whenever I've been gone for a day or two, I usually log my food in a small notebook and then transfer it here. I wonder if I will be able to keep 3 weeks straight? I'm going to take my laptop with me, but the only Internet service I'll be able to get is at the local library. The last time we were down there I didn't have my laptop but dh did and but he couldn't find an unsecured access point in the condo.

Faye - one word of caution. The glycerine is very very greasy. Use only a very little bit. When I need to use more, I usually wear those plastic gloves to bed. It won't stain your sheets, but it just feels "yukky". So the plastic gloves works.

Renny - about the shoes, I would recommend you go to a place where they size your feet. We have a place near us, TriSports and I know there's a place in Hickory called something Feet. They will be your best bet. Yes, the shoes may be a bit more expensive, but you'll have the knowledge that they fit you properly.

Happy birthday barbiecat. Hope you had a great day. You deserve it!

Michele
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening ....Everybody!!!
    Great to be back ... a bit under false pretences really as I'm back from my holiday in Sunny Lanzarote:glasses: .We all had a marvellous time...:ohwell: I haven't weighed myself yet and....:noway: I've just been out for a curry ( we had no food in the house!!) We're out at friends tomorrow night and so.......I think I should start afresh on Monday :bigsmile: ...don't you?
    I hope you've all been good ... A very quick glance at the posts tells me it was your birthday Barbie ... belated greetings!!!
    Viv ... hope you're feeling better! What's the weather been like in the UK while I've been away?
    :flowerforyou: Hope you all have a great weekend ....fingers crossed for kind scales next week!!!!
    Great to be back in the fold:heart:
    Jackie
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Barbiecat :flowerforyou: My birthday was last Sunday and I certainly can't believe that I have hit the big 60!! Some days I feel like 30 and some days like 90...:laugh:

Have a great evening and weekend, everyone.
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday evening everyone. :flowerforyou: Barbie and :flowerforyou: Spaniel...happy belated birthday to each of you. :flowerforyou: Viv, happy birthday to you for your upcoming one! Wow, there are really a lot of March birthdays!

Had a good day. Just logged calories. Now I'm going to go get on some work out clothes and hit the treadmill for 30! I've already recorded it so I have to go do it. Then I have my journal page to write and some down time. Although I really do consider journalling part of my down time! Hope everyone has a good night! :heart: Terri :heart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy, Happy Belated Birthday to Barbie & Spaniel. Hope that this year is a happy & healthy one for both of you!!!:heart::heart: