Diet Sodas?

Options

Replies

• ChristinaK69
    Options
    I don't drink diet or regular soda. When I do have a fancy for something bubbly I buy Zevia. They have all different flavors. Like Dr. Zevia! It's in the health food section of your grocery store.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Many diet sodas contain phosphoric acid, which keeps soda from going flat. Unfortunately, it also leaches calcium from your teeth and bones to satisfy the body's delicate balance of phosphorus and calcium. It also neutralizes the hydrochloric acid in your stomach, which we need to digest food and use its nutrients, particularly calcium, causing further mineral loss from your body.

Phosphoric acid does not neutralize hydrochloric acid. For that, you'd need a base, not another acid.

Oh yeah the acid, gives me heartburn. Anything that can take the crust off a car battery should not go in your stomach, in my opinion.

The digestive acid your body produces is already present in your stomach, and is definitely strong enough to take the crust off a car battery. Luckily, the lining of your stomach is well equipped to handle it.

Cast my vote for Coke Zero. Delicious and SAFE to drink every day.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I switched to Ice Coffee... all of the caffeine and none of the chemicals,

it has dihydrogen monoxide in it. That's a chemical.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Must everything turn into an argument?
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Many diet sodas contain phosphoric acid, which keeps soda from going flat. Unfortunately, it also leaches calcium from your teeth and bones to satisfy the body's delicate balance of phosphorus and calcium. It also neutralizes the hydrochloric acid in your stomach, which we need to digest food and use its nutrients, particularly calcium, causing further mineral loss from your body.

Phosphoric acid does not neutralize hydrochloric acid. For that, you'd need a base, not another acid.

Oh yeah the acid, gives me heartburn. Anything that can take the crust off a car battery should not go in your stomach, in my opinion.

Coke Zero has aspartame.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I wish people would understood simple chemistry. It's all chemicals. All food is chemicals. Try to understand which are harmful and which aren't and how they interact.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I wish people would understood simple chemistry. It's all chemicals. All food is chemicals. Try to understand which are harmful and which aren't and how they interact.

when people refer to "chemicals" in food, they're not talking about naturally occurring chemicals on the periodic table, they're talking about synthetic, man-made chemical additives.

make sense?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Coke Zero has aspartame.

That's true. And it is safe to consume every day.
  • terricakes
    terricakes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How can they be empty calories when the are pretty much calorie free?
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Giant Diet Cream Soda- AMAZING!!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

when people refer to "chemicals" in food, they're not talking about naturally occurring chemicals on the periodic table, they're talking about synthetic, man-made chemical additives.

make sense?
    When man makes chemicals they are mimicking or trying to improve the components that are analysed.
    Just like with the computer you post from "Coach", people try to produce things which improve our lives.
    There is no conspiracy.
    BTW coach, the elements on thew periodic table are elements. Rarely seen in pure form. You are used to molecules and mixtures and solutions. So stop talking bollocks.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

make sense?
    You do know just about every "synthetic man made chemical additive" occurs in nature, right? It's not a matter of just slamming together various elements and seeing what happens, it's finding a chemical, and reverse engineering it in a way to figure out how to recreate it. For instance, technically, aspartame is a farmed product, it's grown in a lab. Yes, grown, kind of like how plants grow? Same concept, different method, as scientists use bacteria to create aspartame, rather than dirt.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options

make sense?
    Um the periodic table is composed of elements. When you combine elements, they become chemicals.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You don't need caffeine unless you are an addict, that is not a healthy state of affairs if so.

when is the next meeting for caffeinaholic anonymous

HI, my name is Lisa and i am addicted to caffiene!
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is better than Diet Coke.

This.

I will only have diet coke if its my ONLY diet soda option.

I will always be a diet pepsi lover, but I love diet mountain dew and diet dr. pepper because both taste very very close to their non-diet versions. I don't think i could tell the difference between dr. pepper and diet dr. pepper.

I LOVE Sprite zero too - same thing about tasting just as good as the original.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

make sense?
    When man makes chemicals they are mimicking or trying to improve the components that are analysed.
    Just like with the computer you post from "Coach", people try to produce things which improve our lives.
    There is no conspiracy.
    BTW coach, the elements on thew periodic table are elements. Rarely seen in pure form. You are used to molecules and mixtures and solutions. So stop talking bollocks.

lol really? "improve our lives?" you really think that's their goal?

i'd wager that in a capitalistic society the goal is to make products cheaper so you make more profit. making our lives better has absolutely nothing to do with it. I wish I was that naive......
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    lol really? "improve our lives?" you really think that's their goal?

i'd wager that in a capitalistic society the goal is to make products cheaper so you make more profit. making our lives better has absolutely nothing to do with it. I wish I was that naive......
    Ironically shakeology isn't about that.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pepsi guy generally... but I tried Diet Vanilla Coke Zero the other day... and it was delicious.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think Diet Rite does not use aspartame but used splenda. Not much better but if you have to have something. I have diet caffeine free pepsi. And once you kick the caffeine, you don't miss it at all!