Replies

• SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love pepsi max! Tastes better than regular pepsi to me :happy:
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper was probably my favourite but I don't drink diet or regular drinks anymore, they don't even taste the same to me.
  • laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about how aspartame can cause multiple sclerosis type symptoms, with leg numbess/loss of feeling.

Aspartame IS bad. Anything that is engineered, and not raw form from nature, is not a 'healthy alternative'.... The healthiest form of anything is straight from nature.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Lol, questionnaires over long periods of times AREN'T the best way to gather information. Especially when it comes to food/drink consumption.
    And the last paragraph states that there's an ASSOCIATION, not a cause. Correlation isn't causation. That's why it states that more studies needed to be conducted.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • julesxo
    Options
    I thought soda drinking generally is prohibited on this WEIGHTLOSS sight? Just asking o.

ahhh no you're using logic.

many people on this board want to continue eating crap - just less of it - and somehow think that will make them healthy.

I have noticed this too and find it really surprising. I'm not here to just "lose weight" but be healthy and fit.
  • cjelinek21
    Options
    diet a&w cream soda
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'll say this. I decided to largely cut out diet sodas and fake sweeteners from my diet last month. My fat loss has gone through the roof. You will need a day to adjust (fight few some sweet cravings) but after that you are all set.

if you really want to lose weight, drink water.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I just read an article about how aspartame can cause multiple sclerosis type symptoms, with leg numbess/loss of feeling.

Aspartame IS bad. Anything that is engineered, and not raw form from nature, is not a 'healthy alternative'.... The healthiest form of anything is straight from nature.
    Hopefully when your kids need medicine, you'll be able to find the natural form and grind it up to make your own from scratch.
    If you think aspartame is bad, then don't take it in, but to pass on information that is incorrect on a public forum is irresponsible. Please post a link to the article.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • amberklucas
    amberklucas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hate Diet Coke as well but I like Diet Pepsi. I also like Fresca if they even make that anymore - it's a very refreshing taste.

I hate Diet Coke TOO! I loooovvvvvveeeeeeee Diet Dr. Pepper, though. :)

We have Fresca where I live in Alabama! I found it recently in Publix in three different flavors. I enjoy the peach and the original flavors, but have not tried the black cherry flavor yet!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Yeh, like eating foxglove and deadly nightshade plants. Natural right?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I thought soda drinking generally is prohibited on this WEIGHTLOSS sight? Just asking o.

many people on this board want to continue eating crap - just less of it - and somehow think that will make them healthy.

I have noticed this too and find it really surprising. I'm not here to just "lose weight" but be healthy and fit.

unfortunately, we're in the minority here.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

The problem is that people entirely associate "crap" food with bad health. Health isn't just about food. Weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, environment, genetics, emotions, rest and ethnicity all play significant roles. You can eat/drink perfect, but if you sleep 4-5 hours a night, you might not be considered that healthy. Or say not exercise.
    If someone did that majority of the above and got the right amounts, chances are they should be fine. Some "crap" here or there in small amounts shouldn't deter someone from health. Heck even Olympic swimmers eat high calorie crap daily yet somehow are quite healthy.

IDEA Fitness member
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

lol really? "improve our lives?" you really think that's their goal?

i'd wager that in a capitalistic society the goal is to make products cheaper so you make more profit. making our lives better has absolutely nothing to do with it. I wish I was that naive......
    The irony is stunning.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

The problem is that people entirely associate "crap" food with bad health. Health isn't just about food. Weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, environment, genetics, emotions, rest and ethnicity all play significant roles. You can eat/drink perfect, but if you sleep 4-5 hours a night, you might not be considered that healthy. Or say not exercise.
    If someone did that majority of the above and got the right amounts, chances are they should be fine. Some "crap" here or there in small amounts shouldn't deter someone from health. Heck even Olympic swimmers eat high calorie crap daily yet somehow are quite healthy.

IDEA Fitness member

yep. some crap here and there is fine. but there are many people on this board who eat fast food every day and still consider themselves healthy.

they're not.

without nutritional health, all those other aspects of health are harder to attain.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

i'd wager that in a capitalistic society the goal is to make products cheaper so you make more profit. making our lives better has absolutely nothing to do with it. I wish I was that naive......
    The irony is stunning.

please explain, since I'm obviously too naive to understand.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    yep. some crap here and there is fine. but there are many people on this board who eat fast food every day and still consider themselves healthy.

they're not.

without nutritional health, all those other aspects of health are harder to attain.
    Well unless you're seeing their blood profiles, you really can't say that they aren't. The assumption is that if one ate fast food everyday, there NO WAY that they can be healthy. But you know as well as I know that there are actually people who can eat that way and be fine.
    The majority? Probably not, but again, if you don't personally know these people, you can only assume.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

The irony is stunning.

please explain, since I'm obviously too naive to understand.
    He's speaking of shakeology.

IDEA Fitness member
  • julesxo
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Yes, some "crap" food every now and then is fine. I am not perfect with my diet but I still try to limit these foods. I see people who eat these bad foods every day and think it is still "healthy" as long as they are within their calorie goal. While they may lose weight, its certainly isn't the best approach and I wouldn't encourage it.

I have never been overweight but when I was in college I used to eat fast food every single day, and ended up having emergency surgery because of it. Just because you are within a healthy BMI doesn't mean you are healthy and I think some people here are focusing on numbers too much.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

they're not.

Well unless you're seeing their blood profiles, you really can't say that they aren't. The assumption is that if one ate fast food everyday, there NO WAY that they can be healthy. But you know as well as I know that there are actually people who can eat that way and be fine.
    The majority? Probably not, but again, if you don't personally know these people, you can only assume.

IDEA Fitness member

what do you constitute as fine? there's no way that eating fast food daily will give you better bloodwork than someone who never touches it. (I'm not saying you should never touch it - just for the sake of argument)

obviously genetics play a role, but if we come back to my old standard argument of a set of twins who are genetically identical - one eats fast food every day and stays in their macros and one eats "clean" and stays in their macros. my hypothesis is that they'd have significantly different bloodwork after whatever period of time you wanted to test, because one is eating a significantly higher level of cholesterol and bad fats and one isn't.

I know y'all don't agree with that, but it makes sense to me. Now I just need a research grant. :P
  • CoachReddy
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Yes, some "crap" food every now and then is fine. I am not perfect with my diet but I still try to limit these foods. I see people who eat these bad foods every day and think it is still "healthy" as long as they are within their calorie goal. While they may lose weight, its certainly isn't the best approach and I wouldn't encourage it.

I have never been overweight but when I was in college I used to eat fast food every single day, and ended up having emergency surgery because of it. Just because you are within a healthy BMI doesn't mean you are healthy and I think some people here are focusing on numbers too much.

^ THIS. For some reason people on these boards don't understand that you can be "thin" or a "healthy weight" and still be unhealthy.