How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LMAO, wow people calm down. Just saying that if you are going to the gym trying to achieve a certain goal, nutrition should be the first priority.

One of the goals that I'm trying to achieve by going to the gym is the ability to enjoy a little junk food now and then without feeling guilty about it. Or more usually in my case, delicious delicious beer.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Still waiting to hear what your RMs are
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    this thread needs some bacon . . .

True story.

bacon-05.jpg
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    LMAO, wow people calm down. Just saying that if you are going to the gym trying to achieve a certain goal, nutrition should be the first priority.
    The problem is you stated a controversial opinion on MFP! Of course everyone will find a way to disagree! I will say that to make this a lifestyle choice and NOT a diet, I do give in once and awhile. I had Wendy's for lunch the other day and I was happy. It fit with in my calorie count so its okay. Some of us are here to lose weight, and yes as long as calories expelled exceed calories consumed you will lose weight. Thats just fact. Will we tone up as nicely or decrease BF%, maybe not.

The problem isn't so much that he made an argument that is controversial, it's the way he responds to those who are countering his argument. Additionally, insulting others on here who are well-loved members of the community is going to get you dogpiled.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Are you hiding male pattern baldness under the hat? Every picture of you showing off what you've accomplished with "clean eating" has a hat. It's ok, dear. It really is.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the one that says "everything is permissable in moderation", but fast food just makes me feel dirty inside.

When I was in the Army, I was the guy that would finish off a 5-mile run by lighting up a cigarette immediately.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

me too. any fast food is pretty much terrible for you over the long run. you can get much better nutrients out of real food that you have prepared yourself.

What I don't get even more than the fast food thing. People who come into the gym reeking of smoke. People who smoke right outside the gym doors when they leave. Isn't smoking counterproductive? How do you breathe right when you've just sucked down a cigarette right before your work out.

THIS PERSON GETS IT

I bet i could out run your *kitten* while smoking a cigarette!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...
    Bull.

I've gone from 60% bodyfat to 21% and I don't know crap.

Your argument is invalid.

umm, no
    You're a peach.

Just a lovely, little peach.

THANKS!

that wasn't a compli......

you know what...no...nevermind.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so perfect that you are able to judge everyone else's fitness habits because your way is the only way.

It's nobodys business but my own what I eat and it's none of my business what anyone else eats and the same goes for you. I can understand your frustration, though. When I had to follow a strict meal plan, I would get angry at people who were eating junk food and crap when I couldn't. But that was my problem, not theirs. And this is your issue, not theirs.

Unless someone has hired you to be their food coach and you personally know their full health history, daily diet, work out schedule, etc..., then it's none of your concern what they eat and you are not in any position to judge. FYI - I'm going to have cheesy tots from Burger King today. And given that I've lost 84 pounds, have low blood pressure, low cholesterol, average bodyfat percentage, have amazed my doctor with my success and am smaller than I was in high school, I think I'll be just fine.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    uni2.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

True story.

TURKEY bacon will do just fine
    If you had any credibility on the nutrition thing, you just lost it.

I won't bother explaining why.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this much fun in... oh, gosh. I don't know HOW long!:laugh:

Since an hour ago when what's her name posted herself pretty much naked in hopes we saw her progress?
    EEEK! I missed that!

wait - WHERE??

OP - Clean vs. UnClean is the DEADEST HORSE ON MFP. STOP KICKING

Not OP - No Chipotle hate, COME ON!

Been gone

I miss all the good stuff!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!

Amen
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

True story.

NO. I said bacon. Don't go and ruin it.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    Still waiting to hear what your RMs are

RMs?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

True story.

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turkey "bacon" will NOT "do just fine". It will do no such thing whatsoever.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

True story.

This person gets it...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...
    Bull.

I've gone from 60% bodyfat to 21% and I don't know crap.

Your argument is invalid.

umm, no
    You're a peach.

Just a lovely, little peach.

THANKS!

that wasn't a compli......

you know what...no...nevermind.
    Shhhhhh. It's just not even worth it, dear.

Let's go grab a burger.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options

True story.

LOL thanks
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This has no relevance here...but.....

902526_o.gif

~nose bleed everywhere~ i may be hemorra......~falls over~