How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Popcorn-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Oh wait... hold on...

eating_carrots.jpg

something for everyone to snack on while watching this play out... again.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't care if the guy is 5% BF and benched 600. I'd rather hang with morbidly obese people who are interesting instead another locker room meat head who can't stop looking in the mirror.

*hugs*

WIN!

agreed
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Where'd you get the tat on your right shoulder?

And what are your RMs?
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    If you choose wisely what you eat from there I don't see an issue. 6 piece chicken nugget has 420 calories. If you can eat just that then its not that bad
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Ever get the feeling that someone new might have come here after burning bridges with arrogance and asininity at his last hang out?

I'm sure BB.com had their way with him and sent him away crying a short while ago.

Just what I was thinking man! He's got that broscience attitude that smacks of BB.com.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I have a question? Are you still a certified personal trainer if you have 0 clients? Like if people can't stand you and would never pay for your advice, can you still claim the title?

Just wondering...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I like beer after a workout. I mean, I REALLY like beer after a workout. I like beer in general. Can I put beer in my bottle cage on the bike? Challenge accepted!

You can put beer in the bottle cage on a bike.

And that's a proven FACT.

Science, yo!

There's a huge bike race in philadelphia every year, that goes through Manayunk (they call it the Manayunk Wall) and it's a huge party, and the cyclists are able to get a nice refreshing vitamin and electrolyte supplement (read: BEER) to help them out. It's awesome!

I've heard of this (went to college in Philly) - plus lots of (running) races where I live have free beer afterwards :)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Oh good. The forums have been really boring the last couple of days. We needed a little more soap box.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this much fun in... oh, gosh. I don't know HOW long!:laugh:

I would share, but I just did this...

jon-popcorn.gif
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree with the thread starter regarding fast foods. Some foods in McDonalds have an okay macro content except for.. Sodium. Yes, I might eat fast food if it fits on my macro for the day but the sodium content will just really make you stay away. Most of those burgers give 1000 mg of sodium per serving or even more. You wouldn't want to finish up your day with 3000 mg+ of sodium whew that will only cause water retention. Even if what you ate had small amount of fat and carbs but their sodium goes past beyond what you need for that meal it will be a factor to losing weight.
    Water is not fat.

And I eat around 700-1,500 mg of sodium a day on average, so one day of 3,000 is not going to hurt me overall. People who are not hypertensive don't need to worry so much about sodium.

Its not fat but your body which has a lot of water content will affect your weight. Water weight is usually one of the reasons why our weights usually fluctuates. People don't need to be hypertensive to worry about sodium. In the long run it will lead to problems if you constantly go over the usual. Then again, as you've said one day of 3,000 mg will not hurt you overall but in the long run if you continue it will.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I like beer after a workout. I mean, I REALLY like beer after a workout. I like beer in general. Can I put beer in my bottle cage on the bike? Challenge accepted!

You can put beer in the bottle cage on a bike.

And that's a proven FACT.

Science, yo!

There's a huge bike race in philadelphia every year, that goes through Manayunk (they call it the Manayunk Wall) and it's a huge party, and the cyclists are able to get a nice refreshing vitamin and electrolyte supplement (read: BEER) to help them out. It's awesome!

And there's my peer review.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    LMAO, wow people calm down. Just saying that if you are going to the gym trying to achieve a certain goal, nutrition should be the first priority.

Duhhhhhhhhh
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a question? Are you still a certified personal trainer if you have 0 clients? Like if people can't stand you and would never pay for your advice, can you still claim the title?

Just wondering...
    Of course he can! He has a certificate!
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...
    Bull.

I've gone from 60% bodyfat to 21% and I don't know crap.

Your argument is invalid.

umm, no
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't make a habit of following random people home from the gym, so I have no idea what they eat.

LOL!

Besides, what's wrong with getting grilled chicken, or a salad from one of those places? I don't really like fast food places, but when I'm in a hurry and hungry sometimes there's not much of a choice.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this much fun in... oh, gosh. I don't know HOW long!:laugh:

Since an hour ago when what's her name posted herself pretty much naked in hopes we saw her progress?
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

me too. any fast food is pretty much terrible for you over the long run. you can get much better nutrients out of real food that you have prepared yourself.

What I don't get even more than the fast food thing. People who come into the gym reeking of smoke. People who smoke right outside the gym doors when they leave. Isn't smoking counterproductive? How do you breathe right when you've just sucked down a cigarette right before your work out.
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    < obese, fun to hang with. I win!!!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    *Prepares for epic clean v. non-clean battle*

**Grabs movie theater popcorn and pulls up a chair**
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Just wondering...

Oh snap!