How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yinz are nice, but I'm man enough to admit the guy is in much better shape than me. Without question. Even if I weren't bulking I would never get down to 6%, wouldn't want to.

I'm just not a **** is all.

"Yinz".

ahhh. Pittsburghese. reminds me of my days at Carnegie Mellon... and drunken stumbles down to the O for curly fries. i even saw Marino driving up Forbes avenue one day in the Corvette he got for winning rookie of the year.

Droolz, O fries with gravey and cheese sauce . . .
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    MAN those tattoos are gonna look dumb!

Thats a d!ck thing to say to someone...:huh:

He's called me weak and old and NOW you chime in?

Go friend him. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being who wants to help on your "journey" for only a minimal fee.

yah, and dont be friends with doucher brett, he will make fun of your tattoos bahaha

Can I just report you now?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yinz are nice, but I'm man enough to admit the guy is in much better shape than me. Without question. Even if I weren't bulking I would never get down to 6%, wouldn't want to.

and thats a real hurtful thing you would say about my ink.....BAHAHAHA. wow, really going to try to talk s*it about my tattoos? good one

No I like them actually. But lose that body and they're gonna look bad!
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

Yah, refined, enriched carbs sure because they digest faster than whole grains.

WTF does that have to do with your "if you eat fast food you're fat and unhealthy" argument?

because you guys are saying. oh look at michael phelps he eats pizza and he has results bla bla bla

That was me. Since when are burgers refined carbs?
    Or are you selectively cherry picking.

And on a serious note, and for the fun of your answer.... You do know that fat is an essential nutrient? Are you getting enough?

absolutely. avocados, fish oil, olive oil almonds ect... no saturated fats
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym with my girlfriends but they kept wanting to stop at popeyes for chicken or BK etc. I couldn't see why they would whine and complain about their big behinds, go work out for an hour or more then stuff their faces with fatty junk. After a few times of that I just met them at the gym instead of all of us going in one car. We then would go our separate ways after our work outs. I never understood it myself. Didn't want to be rude and ask them why they did that. Was very tempted to ask but felt it better to just say no thanks to joining them for their junk fest.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on what to eat after a workout so I don't turn in to an arrogant douche?

Anyone?
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is why its bad.

How many ingredients are there?
    At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide - "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Ooof. What's the meat made of?
    Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together. 500 calories and 26 grams of fat
  • nack_23
    Options

and thats a real hurtful thing you would say about my ink.....BAHAHAHA. wow, really going to try to talk s*it about my tattoos? good one

No I like them actually. But lose that body and they're gonna look bad!

or better.
  • nack_23
    Options
    This is why its bad.

At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide - "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together. 500 calories and 26 grams of fat

Thanks Dave
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

WTF does that have to do with your "if you eat fast food you're fat and unhealthy" argument?

because you guys are saying. oh look at michael phelps he eats pizza and he has results bla bla bla

And on a serious note, and for the fun of your answer.... You do know that fat is an essential nutrient? Are you getting enough?

I hope so otherwise he will not be getting enough...you know what too low fat intake does to T-levels!
  • Kiwikaryn
    Options
    Not sure the burgers are such a problem (especially if they have salad and the meat is chargrilled) - it's the fries and coke that does the damage. And as long as it's only once in a while and you factor it into your allowances I don't see the problem. Different strokes for different folks - for some people the odd treat as a reward works best.:smile:
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    "science is your friend" coming from the person who just said "mmm McRib"????!??! no. sorry. it absolutely does not work that way. Science IS our friend. and 70+ ingredients, plus the stuff they use to make the foamy part of yoga mats, are included in the McRib. and that's okay to put in your body?! please! it's not JUST about calories and fat grams and protein! the ACTUAL food you put in your body absolutely DOES matter. you may be able to get the "same" results in terms of weight loss by merely sticking to a certain amount of calories/fat but that in NO way means that a 700 calorie McDonald's meal is equal to a meal of fresh steamed vegetables, a lean protein such as chicken or fish, and a handful of almonds!

I honestly never knew how ignorant some people were when it came to nutrition until I came to this site. I am constantly blown away.

Lean beef has some of the same ingredients as an engine block.

so does that mean you feed, raise, butcher, and process your own beef? that is the only way you could really know for sure right?

Ultimately, the same stuff that's in an engine block is in an apple too...things called electrons, protons and neutrons if you really want to start getting picky.

OMG! EEEK! Chemicals!!!

The same stuff that you can use to etch circuit boards is in your stomach...you know HCl? Yes, there is magnesium in both my engine block and my beef...guess what, its in your body too and you'd have one hell of a time functioning without it. Everything in this world is composed of 'chemicals' - get over it. Belladonna is natural and organic, but I wouldn't want it on my dinner plate.

Please, just stop already - I think my brain is about to explode from the stupid...
  • laurastevenson1989
    Options
    Haha this is funny
  • patinaragazza
    patinaragazza Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!

Brilliant!
  • akafn
    akafn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I get, I get that going to gym means I have extra calories I can eat. So, I can eat something I like because I have earned it at that point. Perhaps you should consider that your priorities and some other people's are not the same. Personally, a good deep dish fully loaded Chicago style pizza is steps away from Nirvana. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is why its bad.

Why do clean-eaters always come here and cite crap articles? Were you present when the meat was prepared or the bread was baked? Was the author of that article? How the hell do you know his sources are correct?

Scare-mongering... more and more scare-mongering!

Ugh!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

So, saturated fat is bad for you?
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Take a shower and then take a dump!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

That explains much. Saturated fats are necessary for proper brain function.

Please excuse this guy's idiocy, everyone. It's caused by improper nutrition. He's not responsible.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Take a shower and then take a dump!

Winner!