How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

I'd really advise not going after SS too. People will hunt you down.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!!! I agree--I don't care what other eat either :smile: I can only worry about my own intake.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

I've been waiting for you! :wink:

I was eating all-you-can-eat sushi post workout. Don't worry though, I made doubly sure that they washed the rice so it was clean.

Mmmm... sushi!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

I was eating all-you-can-eat sushi post workout. Don't worry though, I made doubly sure that they washed the rice so it was clean.

Low sodium soy, I should hope . . . or none at all because that **** will make you obese.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What makes no sense to me are the people that circle the parking lot at the gym for five minutes on a beautiful day looking to park as close as they can... Why not burn an extra five? Never going to understand that one...
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg

I will vouch for the the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a work out. At least that's what my now-husband and I went straight for after a week long backpacking trip (which is where he proposed). I don't think I would have been properly refueled after that trip if we'd stoped at a whole pizza and a few pints of stout a piece, though. I at least had to follow it up with a basket of fried smelt.

BOOM! Peer reviewed again!

Never got into drinking alcohol. I just figured if i were to consume 10 beers = over 1,000 EMPTY calories. Id rather have something nutritional.

Wrong beers. The one in that picture is about 500 calories for the one 12 ouncer. And it's delicious.

thats a *kitten* load of calories for 12 oz.

Did you not read the part where I said it was delicious?

no i did. so is a t-bone steak
    I thought you preferred turkey?

Remember, beef has the same ingredients as an engine block.

to hamburger
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What the
    i dont even......

Ditto
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    MAN those tattoos are gonna look dumb!

Thats a d!ck thing to say to someone...:huh:

Clicks on last post in thread, makes snap judgment.

If you are referring to me, no I did not.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I agree completely. Moderation is key. Working your @ss off should allow you to maintain your lifestyle in a way it is sustainable in the long run. Every day? No. But living the rest of your life without fast food or chocolate isn't realistic for most people. Definitely not for me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of soap residue. Thai food taste like soap to me , it must be clean.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Not your body why are you worried? Don't sweat it, it's not your car at the drive through so you are sure to have that coveted place in heaven you are expecting. :P
  • nack_23
    Options
    Yinz are nice, but I'm man enough to admit the guy is in much better shape than me. Without question. Even if I weren't bulking I would never get down to 6%, wouldn't want to.

I'm just not a **** is all.

well atleast you can admit that.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs n didn't cut out fast food completely... I do chose healthier options like grilled chicken n yogurt or turkey wrap... I will admit I did cut out anything fried but then again its not a big deal to me. Eating clean isn't THE ONLY WAY. Just sayin

But you don't look like him. Your argument is invalid. :tongue:

Edited to retract the above argument and state that since you're not the OP, your argument is invalid.

I might not be "muscle mama" but I'm certainly not over weight! And wouldn't be even if I did decide to eat a big Mac n fries... even after a workout

I don't care that you lost 101 lbs and look awesome - you're not the OP and therefore suck. As do I because I, too, am not the OP.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

He's called me weak and old and NOW you chime in?

Go friend him. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being who wants to help on your "journey" for only a minimal fee.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Yinz are nice, but I'm man enough to admit the guy is in much better shape than me. Without question. Even if I weren't bulking I would never get down to 6%, wouldn't want to.

"Yinz".

ahhh. Pittsburghese. reminds me of my days at Carnegie Mellon... and drunken stumbles down to the O for curly fries. i even saw Marino driving up Forbes avenue one day in the Corvette he got for winning rookie of the year. good times.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

And that's the point, lovely Brett. You could be old you and I'd still take this guy's mom out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again for even looking sideways at you.
  • nack_23
    Options

and thats a real hurtful thing you would say about my ink.....BAHAHAHA. wow, really going to try to talk s*it about my tattoos? good one
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

Yah, refined, enriched carbs sure because they digest faster than whole grains.

WTF does that have to do with your "if you eat fast food you're fat and unhealthy" argument?

because you guys are saying. oh look at michael phelps he eats pizza and he has results bla bla bla

That was me. Since when are burgers refined carbs?
    Or are you selectively cherry picking.

And on a serious note, and for the fun of your answer.... You do know that fat is an essential nutrient? Are you getting enough?
  • nack_23
    Options

He's called me weak and old and NOW you chime in?

Go friend him. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being who wants to help on your "journey" for only a minimal fee.

yah, and dont be friends with doucher brett, he will make fun of your tattoos bahaha
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    What makes no sense to me are the people that circle the parking lot at the gym for five minutes on a beautiful day looking to park as close as they can... Why not burn an extra five? Never going to understand that one...

then this will blow your mind... ;)

Gym+Fail.jpg