How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Phelps didn't eat that when training or eat anywhere near the 12,000 or so calories per day either. He admitted later on it was made up.

Can you imagine physically trying to train at any kind of decent level with all that in your system? You would be cramping regularly....
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what others eat?!?

I dont care what others eat, IM JUST SAYING DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU DONT SEE RESULTS IF YOU ARE GONNA EAT CRAP FOOD.

You mad bro?!?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    DIDNT REALIZE HOW SENSITIVE PEOPLE ON THESE KINDS OF SITES WERE.

I know!

it's like you lecture people who weren't asking for it and have been doing a fine job losing weight without your input and they get all steamed! GAWD!

Will Bodybuilding.com take you back? Or did they already make a pretty lady out of you?

take it easy old man. goodness :)

You know, part of the reason you keep getting attacked, even if your message was well-meaning, is that you keep insulting this guy! He knows a lot, he's done a lot, and he's helped a lot of people. So why don't you just back off! :mad:
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

Yah, refined, enriched carbs sure because they digest faster than whole grains.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg

I will vouch for the the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a work out. At least that's what my now-husband and I went straight for after a week long backpacking trip (which is where he proposed). I don't think I would have been properly refueled after that trip if we'd stoped at a whole pizza and a few pints of stout a piece, though. I at least had to follow it up with a basket of fried smelt.

BOOM! Peer reviewed again!

Never got into drinking alcohol. I just figured if i were to consume 10 beers = over 1,000 EMPTY calories. Id rather have something nutritional.

Wrong beers. The one in that picture is about 500 calories for the one 12 ouncer. And it's delicious.

thats a *kitten* load of calories for 12 oz.

Did you not read the part where I said it was delicious?

no i did. so is a t-bone steak

My husband would make you stand in a corner for calling his beer "empty calories." His 1RM stats are about the same as yours (blown ACL) . . . and yes I make chicken noises at him too when he fights me on doing squats and lunges.
  • nack_23
    Options

I know!

it's like you lecture people who weren't asking for it and have been doing a fine job losing weight without your input and they get all steamed! GAWD!

Will Bodybuilding.com take you back? Or did they already make a pretty lady out of you?

Hahahaha! I'm 35, you're a whopping 8 years younger than me!

And you'll probably be fat when you're my age. I know I won't be.

MAN those tattoos are gonna look dumb!

lmao, i LOVE MY INK
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love this.... its so funny.... Ive lost a little weight.... only about 46... and I love wingstop, chick Fil a, and SUBWAY...I just make sure i dont go over my calories for the day... I also work out, 2 degree blackbelt/ bike ride and other awesome activities.... hahaha so keep it going this is hilarious.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

I know!

My money is on the 'old man' vs. you in a fight. Btw - his abs are much better than yours too.....
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    what about people who smoke outside the gym? I MEAN COME ON!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5pqzzdQqh1rrv52p.gif
  • nack_23
    Options

I know!

Hahahaha! I'm 35, you're a whopping 8 years younger than me!

And you'll probably be fat when you're my age. I know I won't be.

and dont worry, i plan on getting LOTS MORE
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I know!

My money is on the 'old man' vs. you in a fight. Btw - his abs are much better than yours too.....

*wants to see Brett's abs!*
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!

Agree fully. I do not want to be judged, so why would I pass judgement on others. Maybe it's their "once a month indulgence".
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

WTF does that have to do with your "if you eat fast food you're fat and unhealthy" argument?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

I know!

*wants to see Brett's abs!*

2nd !!!!!.. Make with the abs brett
  • nack_23
    Options

I know!

LOL who said anything about fighting? wow. And no their not lol
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.

"science is your friend" coming from the person who just said "mmm McRib"????!??! no. sorry. it absolutely does not work that way. Science IS our friend. and 70+ ingredients, plus the stuff they use to make the foamy part of yoga mats, are included in the McRib. and that's okay to put in your body?! please! it's not JUST about calories and fat grams and protein! the ACTUAL food you put in your body absolutely DOES matter. you may be able to get the "same" results in terms of weight loss by merely sticking to a certain amount of calories/fat but that in NO way means that a 700 calorie McDonald's meal is equal to a meal of fresh steamed vegetables, a lean protein such as chicken or fish, and a handful of almonds!

I honestly never knew how ignorant some people were when it came to nutrition until I came to this site. I am constantly blown away.

Lean beef has some of the same ingredients as an engine block.

I stick with turkey burger rather than beef

1. no one said anything about beef. just you, buddy.

2. unless there's meat or grass in an engine block, no. no it doesn't. there's nothing in the meat I eat except for *drum roll please* MEAT.

so does that mean you feed, raise, butcher, and process your own beef? that is the only way you could really know for sure right?
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Thats a d!ck thing to say to someone...:huh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm fat, eat crap food, still work out, and don't complain about *kitten*. It's called being pretty awesome.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

So its OK in those circumstances? Under your philosophy, wouldn't it be better to have fruit as its clean??