How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    DIDNT REALIZE HOW SENSITIVE PEOPLE ON THESE KINDS OF SITES WERE.

Not sensitive just not into the "holier than thou you must eat xyz because I said so" rants.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs n didn't cut out fast food completely... I do chose healthier options like grilled chicken n yogurt or turkey wrap... I will admit I did cut out anything fried but then again its not a big deal to me. Eating clean isn't THE ONLY WAY. Just sayin

But you don't look like him. Your argument is invalid. :tongue:

Edited to retract the above argument and state that since you're not the OP, your argument is invalid.

I might not be "muscle mama" but I'm certainly not over weight! And wouldn't be even if I did decide to eat a big Mac n fries... even after a workout
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Still waiting to hear what your RMs are

RMs?

*snickersnort*

I'll help him out.

Rep Max.

Now you're like a Super Certified Trainer! You can raise your rates!

LMAO, i dont lift remember? but if i DID it would look something like this:

Flat Raw Bench 1X 405lbs
    Squat 1x 385lbs

and i do curls in front of the mirror every day...

better start working on your legs bro!

that's what I was thinking . . . B-Gawk!
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg

I will vouch for the the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a work out. At least that's what my now-husband and I went straight for after a week long backpacking trip (which is where he proposed). I don't think I would have been properly refueled after that trip if we'd stoped at a whole pizza and a few pints of stout a piece, though. I at least had to follow it up with a basket of fried smelt.

BOOM! Peer reviewed again!

Never got into drinking alcohol. I just figured if i were to consume 10 beers = over 1,000 EMPTY calories. Id rather have something nutritional.

Wrong beers. The one in that picture is about 500 calories for the one 12 ouncer. And it's delicious.

thats a *kitten* load of calories for 12 oz.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    *Prepares for epic clean v. non-clean battle*

I know, grab some popcorn right?

Only if its air popped. I'm watching my figure.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I know!

it's like you lecture people who weren't asking for it and have been doing a fine job losing weight without your input and they get all steamed! GAWD!

Will Bodybuilding.com take you back? Or did they already make a pretty lady out of you?
  • nack_23
    Options

RMs?

*snickersnort*

I'll help him out.

Rep Max.

Flat Raw Bench 1X 405lbs
    Squat 1x 385lbs

Hard when you have bad knees from football.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.
  • bhopejones
    Options
    I'm usually the one that says "everything is permissable in moderation", but fast food just makes me feel dirty inside.

When I was in the Army, I was the guy that would finish off a 5-mile run by lighting up a cigarette immediately.

I'm sure everyone else in this thread would love to tell you how that's not bad for you, either.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    This was my "post workout recovery drink" after my first half marathon. I also had a couple slices of pizza, a bunch of cheese and crackers and a whole lot more beer. I got up at 7:00 the next morning and ran a couple miles. Maybe because this worked for me I should proselytize on the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a workout.
    BeastHalf.jpg

I will vouch for the the benefits of high ABV beer and pizza and cheese after a work out. At least that's what my now-husband and I went straight for after a week long backpacking trip (which is where he proposed). I don't think I would have been properly refueled after that trip if we'd stoped at a whole pizza and a few pints of stout a piece, though. I at least had to follow it up with a basket of fried smelt.

Never got into drinking alcohol. I just figured if i were to consume 10 beers = over 1,000 EMPTY calories. Id rather have something nutritional.

Wrong beers. The one in that picture is about 500 calories for the one 12 ouncer. And it's delicious.

Did you not read the part where I said it was delicious?
  • nack_23
    Options
    I'm usually the one that says "everything is permissable in moderation", but fast food just makes me feel dirty inside.

When I was in the Army, I was the guy that would finish off a 5-mile run by lighting up a cigarette immediately.

I'm sure everyone else in this thread would love to tell you how that's not bad for you, either.

I know right?
  • nack_23
    Options
    BeastHalf.jpg

no i did. so is a t-bone steak
  • bhopejones
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.

"science is your friend" coming from the person who just said "mmm McRib"????!??! no. sorry. it absolutely does not work that way. Science IS our friend. and 70+ ingredients, plus the stuff they use to make the foamy part of yoga mats, are included in the McRib. and that's okay to put in your body?! please! it's not JUST about calories and fat grams and protein! the ACTUAL food you put in your body absolutely DOES matter. you may be able to get the "same" results in terms of weight loss by merely sticking to a certain amount of calories/fat but that in NO way means that a 700 calorie McDonald's meal is equal to a meal of fresh steamed vegetables, a lean protein such as chicken or fish, and a handful of almonds!

I honestly never knew how ignorant some people were when it came to nutrition until I came to this site. I am constantly blown away.

Lean beef has some of the same ingredients as an engine block.

I stick with turkey burger rather than beef

1. no one said anything about beef. just you, buddy.

2. unless there's meat or grass in an engine block, no. no it doesn't. there's nothing in the meat I eat except for *drum roll please* MEAT.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    BeastHalf.jpg

These ppl are my new inspiration =)
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Can I eat mcdonalds if I wash it first?
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    One thing that stuns me on here when I snoop at other peoples food diaries is how many people eat things like Subway and Mcdonalds and as long as the calories are under they don't seem to care!

Seems as though some people only count calories and have no interest in the slat and fat content of what they eat. :-/
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options

RMs?

*snickersnort*

I'll help him out.

Rep Max.

Flat Raw Bench 1X 405lbs
    Squat 1x 385lbs

Hard when you have bad knees from football.

no excuse bro... torn ACL and MCL in left knee from hockey .... I can still angled leg press 3x450 ....
  • nack_23
    Options
    Everything in moderation...even the *bad* stuff.

If you're an ultra-athlete I can see the danger of incorporating fast foods (or comfort food of some type) into your diet

Michael Phelps: Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes. Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories. Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

So, nah, even ultra-athletes just make sure it fits their macros :-D

Or look at what some of the ultramarathon runners are eating in the middle of 100 mile races. Pizzas, tacos, Mountain Dew, hamburgers, etc. But they aren't fit or anything.

its because those are fast digesting carbs. refined carbs and simple sugars.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    BeastHalf.jpg

no i did. so is a t-bone steak
    I thought you preferred turkey?

Remember, beef has the same ingredients as an engine block.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I know!

it's like you lecture people who weren't asking for it and have been doing a fine job losing weight without your input and they get all steamed! GAWD!

Will Bodybuilding.com take you back? Or did they already make a pretty lady out of you?

take it easy old man. goodness :)

Hahahaha! I'm 35, you're a whopping 8 years younger than me!

And you'll probably be fat when you're my age. I know I won't be.

MAN those tattoos are gonna look dumb!