Obesity and Welfare

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    It'd be too confusing or difficult to keep up with. Especially the drug testing part because a lot of people are on PRESCRIBED painkillers, abusing them or not they got the go-ahead from their doctor and their insurance. There's always gonna be a loophole. Plus even if they tried it'd make it hell for the people who actually need it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    As long as you can purchase alcohol, cigarettes and guns, it would be really strange to put a ban on like sugar wouldn't it?

I like this quote..lol

Also, I may add.. I don't think people should be able to purchase juicy thick steaks, shrimp and/or lobster tails with foodstamps.

We should also take away their toilet paper.

AND oxygen, those darn poor people, breathing up all us taxpayer's air...

It's like looking into a mirror. Except the mirror-me has boobs.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    For those who want the program, but with limitations, those limitations cost money, to both the program and the stores. Those little WIC approved signs aren't free. Programming the registers with ever changing guidelines isn't free. Making and publishing those guidelines isn't free. Overseeing the vendors isn't free...

WIC is a limited program because it costs more to run than SNAP (aka food stamps).
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear MyFitnessPals,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.