NEW SHRED GROUP-DAY 11

Options

Replies

• callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hey Shredders :smile:

I wanted to let you know I decided to stop after Day 8 L1, yesterday I did someting to my back??? :cry:

Its better today though after resting it.:smile:

Jillian is just to much for me. But I did get farther this round. By 2-3 w/o.

:flowerforyou: Good luck in finishing everyone :flowerforyou: I'll be following along.

Callie,

I will be starting the Shred again soon. My neck is still pulling slightly but I think by next week, I will be good to go! Hopefully, you'll be better by then and we can start again!

(Because I know you are NOT giving up!) :flowerforyou:

I think I need to do something more mild, for awhile. Did 3 mile LS dvd this morning.... the mellowest tape I have. I havent given up on Jillian totally just yet.... :wink: Hope your able to get back at it next week!! The aches and pains need to take a hike!!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hey Shredders :smile:

I wanted to let you know I decided to stop after Day 8 L1, yesterday I did someting to my back??? :cry:

Its better today though after resting it.:smile:

Jillian is just to much for me. But I did get farther this round. By 2-3 w/o.

:flowerforyou: Good luck in finishing everyone :flowerforyou: I'll be following along.

Sorry to hear about your back and that your going to stop!!! I also hope that you don't give up altogether and continue when your back feels better, but you must listen to your body! Today was much better for me, I did L3 D2 and it felt soooo good compared to yesterday - if I have got this far anyone can!!!!! 8 more days to go.....

Thanks....... WOW L3 D2 Barty....You are doing so-so well... Keep Going!!!! :smile:
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    Whoop! Level 2 has left the building! Day 20 and on to level 3! I will update my losses in the morning! Only 10 more days, I can't believe I have made this far, but nothing is going to stop me now!

Keep shredding ladies!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Hey all,
    Yesterday I had mandatory training for my second job after working my first job & then had a bunch of homework to get caught up on and I was totally stressed. So I figured if I didn't workout last night it would make my knee feel better. So I did L2D5 tonight and my knee still hurts, but now it is also in the back of my knee, I'm thinking maybe a tendon? Not sure, but I really wish it would just stop hurting because it is definitely affecting how much effort I can put into my workouts and it's driving me nuts! I get a light sweat during the Shred, but I want the better sweatier workouts so I know I'm burning calories more. I'm thinking I may extend level 2 a bit longer or I might just finish level 2 & 3 and then start the shred all over again or the 30 day slimdown. But I don't think I'll perfect these levels if this knee issue doesnt go away!

You all are doing soooo great!

mmrose- I'm glad you finally took a break... although you really didn't take a day off from exercise you still got a lot of exercise in which is great, you are definitely an ispiration! ZUMBA sounds like a lot of fun I have heard so much about it, but I've never taken a class... I always think I won't have a clue what I'm doing or won't be able to handle it
  • apatrick23
    Options
    D17L2 dunzo!!!!! Jillian's got nothing on me! See you tomorrow ladies and gents!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Yesterday I had mandatory training for my second job after working my first job & then had a bunch of homework to get caught up on and I was totally stressed. So I figured if I didn't workout last night it would make my knee feel better. So I did L2D5 tonight and my knee still hurts, but now it is also in the back of my knee, I'm thinking maybe a tendon? Not sure, but I really wish it would just stop hurting because it is definitely affecting how much effort I can put into my workouts and it's driving me nuts! I get a light sweat during the Shred, but I want the better sweatier workouts so I know I'm burning calories more. I'm thinking I may extend level 2 a bit longer or I might just finish level 2 & 3 and then start the shred all over again or the 30 day slimdown. But I don't think I'll perfect these levels if this knee issue doesn't go away!

You all are doing soooo great!

mmrose- I'm glad you finally took a break... although you really didn't take a day off from exercise you still got a lot of exercise in which is great, you are definitely an ispiration! ZUMBA sounds like a lot of fun I have heard so much about it, but I've never taken a class... I always think I won't have a clue what I'm doing or won't be able to handle it

Jerzeebabie - you really want to be careful with your knees, I have had knee issues in the past and sometimes the simple things we do can aggravate it more.. Especially if you feel it now at the back of your knee..Have you been icing, elevating it, taking an ibuprofen?? Changed the sneakers? You certainly don't want to push through it especially if it is painful. I know you don't want to hear this but, perhaps you should take a few days off.. I mean I injured my knee in January when I began training for a 5k, and I SO didn't want to stop training, but my knees were on FIRE! They hurt all the time, and it was getting worse..one morning I woke up and I couldn't move them without physically lifting my leg.. Needless to say I had to take some time off about 3 weeks to be exact..:grumble: So maybe you should take some time to get it back to normal..and maybe in the meantime you do some low impact stuff.. or just walking..

I still haven't taken a real day off from exercise.. I did W3D1 of C25K training and 60 minute Zumba class day #2 I must be a glutton for punishment.. That class was A WORKOUT tonight.. but felt good.. I will be back on the Shred tomorrow.. I believe it's D17L2!

Keep up the GREAT work ladies!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Whoop! Level 2 has left the building! Day 20 and on to level 3! I will update my losses in the morning! Only 10 more days, I can't believe I have made this far, but nothing is going to stop me now!

Keep shredding ladies!

GET it Karen!

Can't wait to hear about level 3 and most importantly your L2 results!!!

GO girl! 10 days left!! You should be proud!
  • karen366
    Options
    Ok shredders...Level 2 results!

After level 1..........................................................after level 2....................total lost since day 1

weight 177........................................................176...........................................2 lbs

Right/left arm 11......................................................11.............................................. .5

chest 41............................................................40.5..................................................... 1.5"

waist 34............................................................33..........................................................3"

hips 41..............................................................40........................................................3"

right/left leg 20.5...............................................20......................................................1"

I am pretty happy with the results so far. I have decided to take a day off before I start level 3.....I have gone 20 days in a row and I am really proud of that, but my body needs a day of rest before I hit the next 10 days......I do plan on taking a walk this morning outside...the snow is starting to melt and the fresh air is greatly needed....

Day 1 on level 3 will start tomorrow! BTW I took a sneak peak....eeek!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Keep shredding ladies!

Yeah! Go for it!! You are OWNING the Shred!

L2D4 (14) CHECK...finally it started getting a little more do-able for me. I made it through the twists and skaters cardio part without resting for the first time. I feel like when Jillian says, "if you need to take a rest go ahead" it actually triggers me to need a rest! HUSH YOUR MOUTH JILLIAN! I finally did two sets of girly pushups (instead of the walkout planks)..soo happy. I can really feel the improved strength in the backs of my shoulders now..THAT is results ladies :):):)

It's funny, yesterday the Shred got me down, but today it really lifted me up. This group, though, always lifts me up!
  • karen366
    Options

Keep shredding ladies!

Yeah! Go for it!! You are OWNING the Shred!

L2D4 (14) CHECK...finally it started getting a little more do-able for me. I made it through the twists and skaters cardio part without resting for the first time. I feel like when Jillian says, "if you need to take a rest go ahead" it actually triggers me to need a rest! HUSH YOUR MOUTH JILLIAN! I finally did two sets of girly pushups (instead of the walkout planks)..soo happy. I can really feel the improved strength in the backs of my shoulders now..THAT is results ladies :):):)

It's funny, yesterday the Shred got me down, but today it really lifted me up. This group, though, always lifts me up!

You know it funny you say that when she says take a rest you feel the need to rest...I felt the exact same way! At about day 7 on level 2..when I knew it was coming I just made myself ignore it!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    l1d9 done. one more day to go!!
  • sofaking6
    Options
    l1d9 done. one more day to go!!

Well done!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok shredders...Level 2 results!

After level 1..........................................................after level 2....................total lost since day 1

weight 177........................................................176...........................................2 lbs

Right/left arm 11......................................................11.............................................. .5

chest 41............................................................40.5..................................................... 1.5"

waist 34............................................................33..........................................................3"

hips 41..............................................................40........................................................3"

right/left leg 20.5...............................................20......................................................1"

I am pretty happy with the results so far. I have decided to take a day off before I start level 3.....I have gone 20 days in a row and I am really proud of that, but my body needs a day of rest before I hit the next 10 days......I do plan on taking a walk this morning outside...the snow is starting to melt and the fresh air is greatly needed....

Day 1 on level 3 will start tomorrow! BTW I took a sneak peak....eeek!

Wow! Great results! You are doing fantastic and of course you get to take a break! You are a rockstar! LOL
  • karen366
    Options
    level 3 day 1......Let's just say....I have some work to do! This to me is the biggest increase(from level 2 to level 3.) I have also decided I need to stretch more before I start(her warm up isn't enough for this one!) I am excited though I feel it in the abs and legs so much more.

What is up with those rockstar jumps? While I was attempting to do it, I it sounded more like boulders hitting the ground instead of a rockstar...lol!

Good luck ladies...we're almost there!
  • apatrick23
    Options
    L2D19.... only 1 more day of Level 2! I can't wait to move up to Level 3 but I have a feeling I'm going to regret it as soon as it starts!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi Shredders!!! Here are the results for my 20 days of shredding (well actually its day 25 as i started my shred 5 days before most but did my first set of measurements on day 5) .

Start Weight on 1/12/10 164.5 Ultimate Goal Weight 126

2/2210 3/310 3/14/10
    weight on day 5 on shred 154 weight on day 15 152 weight on day 25 149.5
    Bust 37 36.5 35.5
    waist 29 28 27
    Belly button 34 33 32
    Hips 37 36 35
    Saddle bags 44 43 42
    Left thigh 24 23.5 23
    Right thigh 24 23.5 22.5
    Left calf 16 15.5 15
    Right calf 15.5 15 15
    Left arm 12.5 12 11.5
    Right arm 12 12 12

TOTALS -7 INCHES -7.5 INCHES
  • karen366
    Options
    So level 3 is my least favorite! Maybe because it's kicking my butt! The jumping is hard stuff. I am doing less than half on most of them, but I am still working at it...

Level3D2....8 more days to go!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    You are all doing sooo great! I decided to listen to my body and took a few days to rest. My knee was just hurting too much and Friday I worked 2 jobs so I didn't barely sleep. I will be doing the same thing tonight, overnight shift at one job, then 8.5 hours at my day job. So I know tomorrow night I will come home and sleep as soon as I walk in the door! I think I am going to restart level 2 on Tuesday, hopefully that will be enough time for my knee and I will actually have energy to get back to working out, since I will have a few days of only working 1 job. With 2 jobs and school full-time I am definitely finding it harder to workout on those days, but I miss working out so much already! I didn't log my calories completely yesterday, but I think that actually helped my metabolism a little bit. I'm back on track today though and I can't wait to get back to shredding with you all! I think once I finally make it through level 2 and level 3 I am going to try to go through it all again & maybe it won't take 10 days on each level this time to get it all done correctly.

You are all doing soooo awesome and the results are definitely showing! I can't wait to see the before/after pics
  • sofaking6
    Options
    L2D5 (15) check...personal stuff making me psycho and also my right knee started hurting, but I don't think it's from the shred I think it's from doing weights at the gym on Saturday...hopefully it will feel better soon!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well, ladies, day 10 of level 2 was Saturday! Sunday would have been been Day1 of Level 3! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please look for the new thread! NEW SHRED GROUP DAY 21!!

CAnt wait to see the rest of your results!