Black Team Week 9!!!!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Great video piece andrew and beth, like everyone else on hear I am in aww of ya'll

Today is gonan be a better day today, I cried all day yesterday, I cramped all day yesterday and aunt flo is not duw til sunday..I ate pizza buffet for dinner last night..but on a postivie note I went to the store to get coffee for the morning and had ever intention on buying something junk food...candy bar...cake...donuts...but passed on it all..I am off to the gym..

So needless to say its been a rough couple day...nothing is effecting me today...gonna be busy...my son has a project due for science worth 1300 points...are they crazy...1300 Points??? Gonna do laundry and work on that for him...just gonna type it he is gonna put it together...

Ok so I promise ya'll tonight is the first night of baseball and I am running if it kills me, or maybe walking fast depending on the cramps...

Have a fabulous day...because I know I am
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team!!

Gotta post and run this morning...just wanted to wish everyone a great Last Chance workout today:drinker:

Chat later gaters...:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my peeps.......

Just popping in before heading to work.......

Fingers crossed for a run for me, too, Tamara....come hell or high water, doggoneit!

Have a great day!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Have done an hours walk this am, 21 minutes on the bike and am hopeing to walk back to school this afternoon but the sky has gone very dark! Don't think that a last minute workout will help me tonight - just ate 120g of chocolate that I got for my birthday :huh: :huh:

Have a great day all
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Marla, I was thining the same thing about hearing voices, I loved putting that sound with Andrew and Beth.

Off to the gym. I didn't get there yesterday, had every intention, even dressed to go, ended up going with hubs for his CT scan at the last minute, then we went for groceries and worked on the retaining wall around the hot tub pad until 7 last night. Not exactly a workout at the gym, but plenty busy none-the-less.

I love it when hubs is off, but it does usually throw a monkey wrench in my schedule. Oh well.

Yesterday was supposed to be the day I kicked it back into full gear. I didn't make it there. It's so hard to focus on food when I'm totally busy with other things. I need to take some time to do planning so this doesn't happen.

I'm up about 2 pounds over my happy range and have been for a week or so. I would prefer to keep it at the low end of that range, so I gotta kick out about 5 pounds. It creeps up so easily.

Dang, my 3 middle schoolers are loud. They are getting on my nerves right now. Must be time to leave the house! Later.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning team...I've been super busy the past few days. I have been drinking more water but also eating more food. I've got to watch my cals a little closer. I haven't gained but I haven't lost either. I don't want to stay where I am so I have to change something. I am only making it to the gym about 4 days a week and was trying for 6. I will focus on that this week. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team!! I am here logging my food! :noway: yes ME ...........:wink:

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

Yes, you-- and yes Tammy too--

Yes, yes and yes some more--

And did I mention freaking yes???

Very happy....my son got a job starting tomorrow-- and not only did he get the job, but he got it by following his father's advice...the same father against whom he's been rebelling these past five years....the same father about whom he said two days ago, "I'm glad I'm home," after said father gave unsolicited advice.

Did you get all that?

Bottom line-- 47b20s0.gif47b20s0.gif
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Marla, your post has brought a smile to my lips for the first time since collecting my children from school at 3.10pm ( nearly 2 hours ago!).

Thank you for sharing
  • Marla64
    Options
    Sam and Jeannie-- I am truly amazed..... God brought this team together. We've shared our ups and downs, joys and sorrows, victories and defeats.... And we've shared our losses. You both have shared your tales of missing your loved ones who were taken too soon.

And then I find on facebook that today is the anniversary of both of your loved ones deaths. I'm finding that so amazing. Another tie that binds this team. I love you both.

We had another interesting occurrence, my friends-- again, the gates seemingly have opened, or the Lord is toying with us.

Last week, at an indoor golf practice facility (I'm going to make a long story short...something this Jersey girl NEVER does terribly well) Sarah met the son of Jerry Solomon (manager and husband of Nancy Kerrigan and former manager of many sports figures including Ivan Lendl-- who we know. Sarah has competed against Lendl's daughters for years, and we consider him a friend of the family....go freaking figure, eh?)

But, I digress....see, I told you I can never be concise.... anyway, Sarah and Solomon had a phone conversation and he is interesting in meeting with us to consider representing her. What he'd do is be the broker between her and possible sponsors.

My friends-- I don't know what to say. This weary, woebegotten woman (pretty good alliteration, no?) Who had just given up all hope, and has been basically trying to endure the crap that had been handed to us for at least the past 5 years, month in/month out, and trying to handle it graciously and to God's glory..... Is now simply in awe that one by one this week, good things are happening, or are at least seem to be on the horizon.

Scripture says, 'Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land...."

Amen, my friends-- my soul daily is being refreshed. I'm so happy to be able to share the joy with you, since you've been so lovely in helping me through the crud.

I love you all.... Weepy, weary, woebegotten woman signing off. :wink: :cry: :heart: :smooched:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yahoo Messenger works for me. You can make calls over the computer and it costs nothing.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today.

Andrew & Beth - Amazing. Simply amazing!

Leslie - Glad you found your way back!

Marla - I love your posts. God is great!

W2D1 of C25K is in the bag! Woo Hoo!

Trying to ignore the M&M's this afternoon that I did not ignore this morning.

Hasta!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla, what a true blessing....

Jeannie, Sat will be 2 months since my dad passed away and I am feeling pretty crummy about it like I just cant stay on the wagon

I have been good all day, but feel like I can eat someone right arm...Not my own...but someone else...I burned 813 calories at teh gym this morning...was gonna run this afternoon still a little to cool outside for me, If i run tonight I will have to eat more and I will not stick to plan!!!

So I am gonna open cracker barrel in the morning!!! So no gym in the morning..I am gonna be so off course!!! I will hit it tomorrow evening..Promise!!!

After has baseball practice tonight..then a project due thursday..worth 1300 points....uuuggghhh which mean what???

MOMMA HELP!!! The printer broke had to go buy another one!!

So gonna do that after practice!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Yes, you-- and yes Tammy too--

Yes, yes and yes some more--

And did I mention freaking yes???

Very happy....my son got a job starting tomorrow-- and not only did he get the job, but he got it by following his father's advice...the same father against whom he's been rebelling these past five years....the same father about whom he said two days ago, "I'm glad I'm home," after said father gave unsolicited advice.

Did you get all that?

Bottom line-- 47b20s0.gif47b20s0.gif

Marla that ROCKS!! Thank you Lord!!! :flowerforyou:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :smile: Read all the posts :smile: good things seem to be happening. :heart: Tammara it takes times to feel ok with the world...take it slow.

:drinker: cheers to tomorrow!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :drinker: Evening black team,

Hang in there Tamara.

Marla-That is some amazing stuff. It is so good to see Sarah's career start to blossom and to see your son starting to listen to day. Amazing stuff.

Lori-I think all that hot tub work sounds like a good work out to me!

Jeannie-You food logging maniac! Way to go.

Thanks for all the warm sentements about the news story. It was a fun experience. We loved it.

MAN has it been a busy day for MR. jackson. Took a personal day from work and spent the day sorting all sorts of financial stuff out. Got the taxes done which is always good but spent most of the day at a car dealership which is always a long drawn out process. The goal for the day was to take care of DW and those kiddies. You see, DW has never driven anything decent. I have always been the one with the "good" car because of the miles I drive for work. But we have discovered that this is a double edged sword. Reliable car for work is important but driving something new isnt the best idea because of the beating I put on the thing. Example-Current car is a 2008 Focus. less then two years old and I already put 65,000 miles on the thing. And therefore owe more on the thing than it's worth. SUCKS. so It's about time I do what is best financially and at the same time get Beth into a the car she deserves. She's such a great wife and mom. The 95 windstar with the check engine light and ABS issues is not longer what I want my family riding around in. SOOOO after a whole lot of wheeling, dealing and searching this is the changes in the Jackson auto line up.

Beth's old car-
    1995 Ford WIndstar-on the edge of complete breakdown
    002.jpg

Beth's new car-2010 Honda Oddysey
    12719.jpg

Andrew Old Car- 2008 Ford Focus-Slowly being driven into the ground
    08s-focus.jpg

Andrew's New Car- 1991 VW Jetta
    1991jetta.jpg

I am so relieved to not have to worry about them breaking down on the side of the road somewhere. Amazing where your priorities are when your a father. lol The good news is the Jetta is coming from a friend and is IMMACULATE. 57,000 miles. I have never seen a 19 year old car in such good condition. The fact that I found it is proof that God is Good.

After all those numbers today I am exhausted. sheesh. I hope everyone else is having a great tuesday and good luck with weight ins. I will post a new challenge with the results thread tommorow!

:drinker:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good evening team...Just had to post this. I am so dang proud of myself. I have worked up to jogging 30 minutes on the treadmill but just couldn't run the track outside the gym to save me. It has a lot of hills. Well, tonight at the gym just before dark, I ran the whole trail (approximately 1.5 miles). I wasn't even about to drop dead when I finished. My dad said it was because it was almost dark and chicken little was not going to get caught outside in the dark alone:laugh: Anyway, I did it:bigsmile:

Andrew...Congrats on the new cars. The Jetta looks like new too!

Marla...I'm glad things are turning around for your family. Congrats!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. G'night:yawn:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Andrew - I know what you mean. Last fall, Dave willingly gave up his Dodge Magnum with a Hemi so we could get a minivan. He still gets a little sad whenever he sees one on the road but he knows it's what's best for our family.

Harley and I took a 45-minute walk outside today. It was beautiful - 50's, sunny, not much wind. :glasses: *contented sigh*

Gonna finish watching Biggest Loser. Laters!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good evening team...Just had to post this. I am so dang proud of myself. I have worked up to jogging 30 minutes on the treadmill but just couldn't run the track outside the gym to save me. It has a lot of hills. Well, tonight at the gym just before dark, I ran the whole trail (approximately 1.5 miles). I wasn't even about to drop dead when I finished. My dad said it was because it was almost dark and chicken little was not going to get caught outside in the dark alone:laugh: Anyway, I did it:bigsmile:

Andrew...Congrats on the new cars. The Jetta looks like new too!

Marla...I'm glad things are turning around for your family. Congrats!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. G'night:yawn:

Thank you, Tammy-- and way to go on the trail!!!!!!

Folks....'member how I told you somebody pouts when I run solo??? Oh em gee....... He asked me if I wanted to go for a "quick cup of coffee" and a trip to Wal-Mart for a golf shirt this evening. Knowing how lengthy our quick cups of coffee and quick trips to Wal-Mart generally are, I opted out, and instead told him I was going to stay home and run.

So I run.... A lovely 4 mile run...oh wow.....bee-yoo-tee-full.

Got home....he's in our room and says over his shoulder as he's typing,

Him: "Are you going to run?"
    Me: "I just did."
    Him: "WHAT? WITHOUT ME??? I've been waiting for you for an hour."
    Me: "Hon, you weren't even home when I left, and I've only been gone 45 minutes. Plus, I told you I was staying home to run."
    Him: "Whatever!"

My gosh-- you'd think somebody took his lollipop away. The pout on that man-- I swear I have 10 kids. :wink:

Oh well-- nothing's going to spoil my high-- lovely, lovely run.

Heading to type-- later.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning black team! i hope everyone who's weighing in today has a good one! as dh posted yesterday, i got a new car and i love love love it! :love: i'm a little nervous about driving it, just because i want it to stay perfect. but i guess i'll have to get used to it. has anyone seen the commercials for the new friendly's breakfast? OMG it looks sooo gross! they all seem to have ice cream included in them. one was chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate ice cream on top, and the other i saw was two gooey-looking cinnamon rolls with maple ice cream sandwiched between them!:sick: anyway, i just caught that this morning and wondered if anyone else saw it. have a great day everyone! :heart: