Black Team Week 9!!!!

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    good morning black team! i hope everyone who's weighing in today has a good one! as dh posted yesterday, i got a new car and i love love love it! :love: i'm a little nervous about driving it, just because i want it to stay perfect. but i guess i'll have to get used to it. has anyone seen the commercials for the new friendly's breakfast? OMG it looks sooo gross! they all seem to have ice cream included in them. one was chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate ice cream on top, and the other i saw was two gooey-looking cinnamon rolls with maple ice cream sandwiched between them!:sick: anyway, i just caught that this morning and wondered if anyone else saw it. have a great day everyone! :heart:

Not sure about the chocolate chip pancakes with ice cream on top... I'll have my ice cream on the side please! The way I've been 'cheating' I would probably eat that right now. :noway: It hasn't been all dreadful, but portions are too big, sweets have entered in, all the things I know to control.

Gotta pull in the reigns again. Story of my thinner life. I need to get back to where I see those commercials and think 'gross!' too. Right now I think, 'Yummo!'
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    3rd day logging and staying within calories. Now gotta get a move on,have an appt at 10!:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Im getting ready to face-off with the scale...will be back to report it:ohwell:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday...Off to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful day:smile:

Beth...We have an IHOP here and some of their breakfasts come very close to what you described. Too much sugar for me but I'm sure my kids would love it!

Marla...Good job getting your run in. I tell people all the time that I have 3 boys, which of course includes my husband:laugh:

Jeannie...Congrats on your 3rd day. Woot!

Roni...Good luck with the scale.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You guys rock :flowerforyou: thanks for all the welcome back notes....I kind of fell off the wagon in tracking what I ate but I was keeping track mentally...

So I finally joined the gym, I'm having my new member workout at 11am...will check in later to let everyone know how it goes...thanks everyone for reminding me that I need to take it one day at a time....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Weigh in was still good this morning. The ticker is going bye bye. I hit my goal one day this weekend (can't remember which one) and so I know I can get back to it. But, I've learned that my body will fluctuate. Ive got a range in mind and will continue to weigh so I stay in my range. Changing the ticker constantly is driving me batty.

Andrew and Beth - congrats on the new and new to you vehicles. I hear you with the miles. I put on about 20K a year. We're way upside on my TrailBlazer. It's what I drive 36 miles one way to work 5 days a week and it's our family vehicle so all shopping and camping trips are taken with it. Have 3 years left to pay even. I pray the Lord lets her last that long for us. (Yep, she's a girl and she's one tough lady.)

Marla - Your run sounds wonderful. I cannot wait for daylight savings time this weekend.

Jeannie - Great job on logging.

Hope the scales were kind to everyone!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I am not weighing in this week. TOM decided to visit and between the water weight and the weird eating I just know it will be bad. That's okay, it'll be better next week. C25K W1D2 here I come.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Kati- I think you did right by taking away the ticker, feels good, huh?

Sounds like the black team members are all figuring out what works for them and working on it. Good job.

Today at the gym all I could think was "lax" to describe my eating and exercise lately. My eating has been sort of whatever, but not going crazy, my exercise has been blah, I barely broke a sweat during a 30 minute cardio workout, which is unheard of for me, I could sweat doing dishes.

I was beating myself up over the lax feeling I have toward all of it when I realized, sometimes lax is ok. This is for the rest of my life, I can't sprint and be 100% all the time, I will have periods where I'm just ho-hum with it all and it's alright.

I guess the trick is how to decide when and how to make myself get back on track. I really intended it to be Monday, however it didn't work out so well for me. I didn't lift all last week because I was digging and let me tell you, lifting today was hard. I felt so weak.

I'm constantly amazed how fast weight creeps back on, how fast I lose my strength, yet then again amazed at how fast I can lose those extra pounds and how fast my strength comes back. I guess human bodies are amazing things.
  • ksproston
    Options
    Had to say bye bye to Bob too. My computer at work is slower than molasses and I was having a hard time resizing the photo for my signature. Oh well.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Kati- I think you did right by taking away the ticker, feels good, huh?

Sounds like the black team members are all figuring out what works for them and working on it. Good job.

Today at the gym all I could think was "lax" to describe my eating and exercise lately. My eating has been sort of whatever, but not going crazy, my exercise has been blah, I barely broke a sweat during a 30 minute cardio workout, which is unheard of for me, I could sweat doing dishes.

I was beating myself up over the lax feeling I have toward all of it when I realized, sometimes lax is ok. This is for the rest of my life, I can't sprint and be 100% all the time, I will have periods where I'm just ho-hum with it all and it's alright.

I guess the trick is how to decide when and how to make myself get back on track. I really intended it to be Monday, however it didn't work out so well for me. I didn't lift all last week because I was digging and let me tell you, lifting today was hard. I felt so weak.

I'm constantly amazed how fast weight creeps back on, how fast I lose my strength, yet then again amazed at how fast I can lose those extra pounds and how fast my strength comes back. I guess human bodies are amazing things.

Lori-- coupla thoughts-- first, scripture says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Yes, our bodies are amazing. All the more reason why we must, as we've learned, respect and treat it well-- it's the only one down here we're ever gonna get.

Second-- slow and steady win the race, my friend. I was just teaching my girls yesterday the story of the tortoise and the hare. No, we can't sprint all the time. We'll kill ourselves, and lose our enthusiasm.... but take a good pace, maybe a little harder today and tomorrow, maybe a little easier the next couple days....whatever works... but just keep going. "Just keep swimming," according to Dory...yes?

Third-- and here's my Lucy Van Pelt, nickel analysis....... you were doing just fine until you learned of your husband's deployment. I think the wind is out of your sails a little bit, which is natural and normal. Enjoy your time with him. Stay cognizant of what you're eating and exercising, but, yes, be lax a little bit if you need to while he's home.

You know and you've already said that when he's gone, you kick it into action more. When he takes off, become the exercise beast we all know you are-- but until then, if it helps you out, chill and enjoy your family time while it's here.

There-- Marla the Shrink signing off--

Caleb had a 12 hour barf-o-rama going-- lots of bedding to wash. Oh joy...oh rapture.

Have a lovely day, my friends!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Lori-- coupla thoughts-- first, scripture says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Yes, our bodies are amazing. All the more reason why we must, as we've learned, respect and treat it well-- it's the only one down here we're ever gonna get.

Preach it, Rev. Brown!

No, seriously...I've realized this very thing for the hundredth time this last week. Ate crap all last week while working out, gained almost 6 pounds...this week, got back into the good food and kept my workouts going and have lost 3 of them in 2 days. Feel much better, too. I know what the junk food does and how it makes me feel, but sometimes I don't use the good sense in my brain to not spend a week at a time eating it. Live and learn, I guess.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yes, live and learn, and forget and remember, and live and learn some more, and forget and remember some more-- and so on, and so on and so on--

Idiots, we humans, yes?:noway:

:wink:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, live and learn, and forget and remember, and live and learn some more, and forget and remember some more-- and so on, and so on and so on--

Yes, like my "planned forgetting" when I eat cheesecake next week at the Cheesecake Factory. Didn't get to eat it when we went before Christmas, so I am having it then. At least it will have been a 'treat' rather than a habit.
  • Marla64
    Options

Yes, like my "planned forgetting" when I eat cheesecake next week at the Cheesecake Factory. Didn't get to eat it when we went before Christmas, so I am having it then. At least it will have been a 'treat' rather than a habit.

Yepper-- live, learn, ignore, repeat.

And life without treats, for me, is a bummer.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    OH EM GE!! OH EM GEE!! OH EM GEE!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My little podunk town has a roller derby team. I am going to go watch one of their practices on friday. And to boot they use REAL skates!!!

I am SO EXCITED!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    checking in..........going out to dinner so I am going to try to be kind of good. Saved up my calories today! :drinker:
  • ksproston
    Options
    Today is a "let live" day for me. Hopefully I'll get it out of my system and not repeat tomorrow. Maybe I'll just finish the entire bag of almond m&m's now so that tomorrow I won't be tempted.....
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- everything you said- yep. I'm certainly not racing anywhere right now, still on the racepath though, kinda doing my own thing.

Shuntae-I've learned the same things a 1,000 times over too, guess I will keep doing it and relearning it over and over. If only I was smart enough to 'get it' the first time. The problem is with maintaining (for me anyway)- it gets boring. When I was losing it was fun and exciting. Now I work hard to stay the same. Kinda hard to keep the same level of motivation. I was thinking about you the other day and how well you've managed to stay in your goal weight. Hard work.

Confession time: I opened a bag of white chocoate chips last week, been hitting the bag here and there when I feel a sweet tooth urge. Just realized as I poured myself a handful that I almost ate the whole bag. :noway: Disgraceful. :ohwell:

Marla- I don't want to think of a life without sweets/treats either, but I may have to abstain again to get things back on track there. I'm a little outta control. Ok, a lot outta control. I've had sweets a lot lately. Can't remember too far back, but Saturday was ice cream, Sunday and Monday cake, yesterday monkey bread. It's becoming a nightly dessert habit and it's not a good one. No wonder I'm sluggish and 'lax'. I've let sugar back into my life. I was thinking about strawberry pizza (crust, cool whip and cream cheese mixed, topped with strawberries- cause I have some fresh ones) for tonight....... I wish I didn't like to bake. Maybe we should eat some mixed fruit with the strawberries in it instead. :grumble:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone - just checking in.

When I typed up my calories at lunch time - putting dinner in as well I was 700+ calories over my allowance....... so 1 hour later on the bike 1000+ calories burnt and we are ok again :happy:

Will check back tomorrow, sorry for the short post, need to get some sleep
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    OH EM GE!! OH EM GEE!! OH EM GEE!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My little podunk town has a roller derby team. I am going to go watch one of their practices on friday. And to boot they use REAL skates!!!

I am SO EXCITED!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I used to love to watch roller derby on tv. Have fun ! Will Sam be a roller derby er soon?