What has giving up fast food done for you?

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    then what's the point of posting your picture?

what's the title of the thread?

that's what giving up fast food, along with exercise, did for me.
    I'm aware of the title of the thread.

You didn't mention that anywhere in your post... the picture there along with the content of your post conveys another message entirely, you should explain the reasoning behind posting that picture to avoid any further confusion.

read the thread, slick. i did. have a good one. :)
    Did I do something to warrant this passive-aggressive tone of yours or are you just like this to everyone?

its been a really exhausting thread and i've already answered every question you're asking of me, so that's why i'm asking you to just read the first couple pages and you'll see it was all taken care of.

for what reason are you picking this fight in the first place? can't we just let it go?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    bump

this
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You didn't mention that anywhere in your post... the picture there along with the content of your post conveys another message entirely, you should explain the reasoning behind posting that picture to avoid any further confusion.

Did I do something to warrant this passive-aggressive tone of yours or are you just like this to everyone?

He's got the same tone with everyone that disagrees, provides studies, etc on their viewpoints, or questions his opinions - especially when he throws them around as fact.

But..continuing on....
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

its been a really exhausting thread and i've already answered every question you're asking of me, so that's why i'm asking you to just read the first couple pages and you'll see it was all taken care of.

for what reason are you picking this fight in the first place? can't we just let it go?
    Calm down I'm just offering advice, not starting an argument. Some people like myself just read/skim through the first page and post. I advised you to change the content of your original post further explaining WHY you posted the picture and that the picture itself with the content of your current post is very misleading. As it is you look like a cocky douche who think's his physique is 'elite'. I'm sure that's not how you want yourself to be portrayed, but who knows maybe that's somewhere in the thread too?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Calm down I'm just offering advice, not starting an argument. Some people like myself just read/skim through the first page and post. I advised you to change the content of your original post further explaining WHY you posted the picture and that the picture itself with the content of your current post is very misleading. As it is you look like a cocky douche who think's his physique is 'elite'. I'm sure that's not how you want yourself to be portrayed, but who knows maybe that's somewhere in the thread too?

I already said that if I could, I would change the post - unfortunately it can't be edited anymore as there's apparently a time limit on editing posts.

sigh... any time there's a good conversation the thread dies (taso/pu) then we gotta rile **** back up with dumb useless posts. i wish an admin would close this thread. everything useful that can be said has been, and there's no where to go from here other than further down the rabbit hole.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I already said that if I could, I would change the post - unfortunately it can't be edited anymore as there's apparently a time limit on editing posts.

sigh... any time there's a good conversation the thread dies (taso/pu) then we gotta rile **** back up with dumb useless posts. i wish an admin would close this thread. everything useful that can be said has been, and there's no where to go from here other than further down the rabbit hole.

What is dumb and useless? Because people put their opposing views in the manner that suits them makes it dumb? True, there is the occasional silly post..but overall - most of the posts have had good information in them. -.-
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy to have given up on fast food.

I feel better about myself. I don't feel so greasy, or sluggish, or tired either.
    Whenever I ate fast food, I just wanted to hide in a big sweatshirt and go to sleep. It made me feel awful.

Now, I feel like I have lots of energy, I feel more alert and awake, not to mention healthier in general.

If you have a tight schedule, I suggest taking a laid back day where you have time and just cook. Cook all of your meals for the week, or at least the meals you would've had fast food for, and just refrigerate or freeze them. Heat them up when you want them. Even put them in portion controlled sizes, like tupperware.
    That's how I do it on my broke, busy college student schedule. =)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

its been a really exhausting thread

can't we just let it go?

You can do that just as easily. Maybe you need to press the red X at the top right and take a few days away from the forums. Just a friendly suggestion.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

What is dumb and useless? Because people put their opposing views in the manner that suits them makes it dumb? True, there is the occasional silly post..but overall - most of the posts have had good information in them. -.-

i'd argue bringing up the "elite" argument again is useless at this point... you wouldn't? i feel like i've paid for my sins on that one already.
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    In Greece, most of us don't eat a lot from McDonalds or KFC etc.. I'd rather have a souvlaki or a pizza than a chickenburger (my favourite from mcdonalds).
    I am eating junk food only when im out and have a low budget.

So,how's life when you're not eating junk food? Nothing special. You can have it but not regularly. :P:P:P
  • PikaKnight
    Options

i'd argue bringing up the "elite" argument again is useless at this point... you wouldn't? i feel like i've paid for my sins on that one already.

Here's the thing. When there is about 20 pages of post - people tend to read the OP's post and Page 1 and that's that. So..if I were you, I'd ignore it. It's easy to ignore a comment. I promise.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

can't we just let it go?

You can do that just as easily. Maybe you need to press the red X at the top right and take a few days away from the forums. Just a friendly suggestion.

lol why? if there are people who love you and people that hate you, you're doing something right. ;)

(the haters are just usually more vocal, which i don't mind. i can handle it.)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

can't we just let it go?

lol why? if there are people who love you and people that hate you, you're doing something right. ;)

Wow..that's a bit presumptuous thinking that anyone hates you..lmao!!!! Especially if you are referring to those that have presented their views - like DavPul, Sarauk and Taso...hahahahaha.

There aren't haters really here. I am suggesting you take a break if you are getting that upset and exhausted by a forum thread.
  • jayche
    Options

Here's some more advice, instead of suggesting that I read the thread (at least tell me where you said it instead of having me sift through 19 pages) you could've just flat out responded with something like...

"No that wasn't my intent I posted it because I wanted to show my progress without fast food."
    ... then you followed it up with...
    "I can't edit my original post anymore"

That way you don't sound like such a condescending *kitten*.
    This part was completely unnecessary also, calling people's posts 'dumb and useless' typically doesn't help carry a healthy conversation.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

can't we just let it go?

Wow..that's a bit presumptuous thinking that anyone hates you..lmao!!!! Especially if you are referring to those that have presented their views - like DavPul, Sarauk and Taso...hahahahaha.

There aren't haters really here. I am suggesting you take a break if you are getting that upset and exhausted by a forum thread.

i use hyperbole now and again. and i appreciate the concern, but i'm good. :)

getting back to it:

One of the coolest things giving up fast food has done is that it helps change your habits and attitudes. Instead of looking for the easy way out of every situation (grabbing a burger, weight loss surgery, etc) you start realizing that just because it's easy doesn't mean it's the best way. It's all part of taking personal responsibility for your health and your life, and taking the extra steps even if they aren't always easy.

I wonder if the OP has read any of this. haha
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I'm heading to Taco Bell - anyone want anything?
  • jayche
    Options
    Crunchwrap Supreme, #1 cutting food.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Crunchwrap Supreme, #1 cutting food.

You got it, my friend. Anyone else? I could stop at Dairy Queen - it's on the way....
    A mexican pizza, 3 taco supreme, a burrito supreme, nacho supreme, 3 fresco tacos, a tostada with a diet coke oh and fire sauce. thanks

**edit to add pu's order (are we at 498 yet?)

Got it!

• cmriverside
    Options
    look up
  • cmriverside
    Options
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.