What has giving up fast food done for you?

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Just looked at a bag of shakeology and I was right. :)

Too bad the nutrition in that bag or processed powdered muck is from prop blends where the nutrients they toot as being soooo awesome are in such small amounts that it doesn't make a difference... Mr. Beachbody Daikeler refuses to let anyone in on the "secret" of his prop blends and refuses to answer scientific questions about his blend. In fact, when I personally asked him last year point blank questions, he said "I DON'T KNOW." Yeah. We should all trust THAT, now shouldn't we?

Ugh, so not what this thread is about and I'm not gonna talk about it here.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I haven't given it up completely. You cannot take my chick fil a sammiches from me. But, I went from eating fast food 4-5 times a week, to once.

Not only have I lost weight, I appreciate a good home cooked meal, and feel accomplished in doing so, and I also seem to have LOADS more money I have no idea where it came from..;)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    TFG this thread is going to roll pretty soon. It has sure taken a turn for the worse (a concept that seemed unimaginable just mere hours ago)

You, Sarauk and DavPul made it too interesting. Damnit!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Too bad the nutrition in that bag or processed powdered muck is from prop blends where the nutrients they toot as being soooo awesome are in such small amounts that it doesn't make a difference... Mr. Beachbody Daikeler refuses to let anyone in on the "secret" of his prop blends and refuses to answer scientific questions about his blend. In fact, when I personally asked him last year point blank questions, he said "I DON'T KNOW." Yeah. We should all trust THAT, now shouldn't we?

Ugh, so should have said Chick Fil A is awesome and it's real food so there nana nana boo boo I'm right and you simply suck.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Ugh, so should have said Chick Fil A is awesome and it's real food so there nana nana boo boo I'm right and you simply suck.

Wow. Really?
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It saves me money. ALOT and I find I am not as hungry since I get to eat more and it is easier to stay in my calorie budget. But it is still a work in progress. And when I am in a pinch I dont count it out. I just have my back up plans of what I can eat in the drive thru. I have found coffee drinks like starbucks are the hardest for me. That and they just brought Pina colada cheesecake back where i work at the cheesecake factory. AND that is my favorite. But I have not let myself go and look at in the display case when I am at work so I have prety much forgot we got it back :) Maybe I will save some calories every day for a few weeks and get it as a treat :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yeah, really.

Don't take yourself so seriously. Or these boards.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Sad - won't be checking this thread again, unfortunately. I was enjoying most of the discussion but I'm very over the testosterone-driven "I'm smarter-than-you" ridiculousness. New feature suggestion for MFP - a "filter" ability on the forums where you can identify a source name you'd like to skip and focus on those that contribute to the discussion.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Yeah, really.

Don't take yourself so seriously. Or these boards.
    You've been reported, just so you're aware.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Sad - won't be checking this thread again, unfortunately. I was enjoying most of the discussion but I'm very over the testosterone-driven "I'm smarter-than-you" ridiculousness. New feature suggestion for MFP - a "filter" ability on the forums where you can identify a source name you'd like to skip and focus on those that contribute to the discussion.

You won't be checking the thread again, but in case you do...

See the little "down arrow" next to the name, to the left of the post there? Click that, and from the dropdown menu, you can choose ignore.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I regret getting sucked into it tonight... apologies.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have a little bag with my food in it, which I take each morning: my packed lunch, healthy snacks and a bottle of water. I do sometimes buy something else to snack on during the day, but having all those things with me helps me so much.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Bump ... for later
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    It has helped lower my blood sugar as well as my blood pressure. and I just feel better in general. Not to mention it saves me money :happy:
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had one more check in me. :-)

I'd like the ability to filter by thread and user, not just block the user overall. Just because someone gets caught up in one topic doesn't mean I think they don't have a valuable opinion... perhaps on other topics. I'd like to be able to not completely block someone. But this kind of thing can get super distracting and where it ended up didn't add value. At least not to me.

As for the apology, I appreciate that - on behalf of the OP and the other readers.

You won't be checking the thread again, but in case you do...

See the little "down arrow" next to the name, to the left of the post there? Click that, and from the dropdown menu, you can choose ignore.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    this thread had gotten so much more civil and then DavPul had to come back - along with purple tank top lady whos screen name i can't remember.

Me? If you want to call someone out, do it properly and take the time to go back a page and find out.

You obviously do not like to be challenged. Please point out to me where I was mean to you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    this thread had gotten so much more civil and then DavPul had to come back - along with purple tank top lady whos screen name i can't remember.

DavPul and Sarauk are some of the most knowledgable, supportive, and direct people about. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

DavPul admitted to trolling earlier in the thread. so... there's that. lol

What about me? lol

I was not trolling - as I already pointed out, disagreeing/questioning is not trolling. Or are you just sore that you had to admit to back peddling when I called you out?
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Bump ... for later

REALLY??
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    But this kind of thing can get super distracting and where it ended up didn't add value. At least not to me.

Yep, this is a class-A trainwreck thread, the likes of which I haven't seen in quite a while.

The only reason any of us are still here is:

duty_calls.png
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I never really ate fast food MAYBE... once or twice a month but I did let go of other bad things like candy, chocolate, chips, red meat, you know the bad stuff. I am basically a vegetarian with the exception of chicken and turkey and fish if thats not a vegetarian thing. Lol But my main point is that by giving up the bad stuff my taste buds became more alive and sensitive. Sugary treats are even more sweet in my opinion no matter what it is, so only eating a little is very satisfying when I do indulge. I crave and I mean crave healthy foods like a big red juicy apple. When I try to be loose with my diet and dine out with the family my stomach is in pain after because Im not used to eating that way. And it might be an OCD thing for me but when my parents get takeout for dinner like pizza or chinease, I feel the need to put a big bowl of veggies on the side. It makes me feel healthy and not feel as bad.

Please don't say you are basically a vegetarian with the exception of chicken and turkey and fish.
    It tends to confuse people.
    If you eat turkey and chicken your not a vegetarian.
    If you don't eat any meat but eat fish your a PESCATARIAN

With regards to the post. Each to there own.
    If cutting out junk completely works for you go for it.
    Some people are all or nothing type of people.
    If your able to have it once a month or whatever & that suits you so be it.

We are all different..whatever works for you :)