What has giving up fast food done for you?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    @coachreddy, what point are you trying to make???

That I agree with the poster who says fast food isn't real food?

Then how are people able to "blame" overeating on fast food for their weight issues if the food isn't real? Obviously, the food is real. It may not be a preferable source of nutrition - but it is still nutrition.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Giving up fast food has reduced my Pepto consumption........strange.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

He's right and we are wrong
    And you're not arguing the same thing?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Nope. Just here wondering how you come up with some of the things you've said is all :)
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Then how are people able to "blame" overeating on fast food for their weight issues if the food isn't real? Obviously, the food is real. It may not be a preferable source of nutrition - but it is still nutrition.
    There have to be nutrients for it to be nutrition
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Nope. Just here wondering how you come up with some of the things you've said is all :)
    Thus you think you're right and I'm wrong :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    There are no unpronounceable synthetic ingredients in shakeology

:laugh:

Can't tell if serious
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Right, you're saying calories are what matter. And I believe food is more than just calories. I believe I will feel better and be healthier if I eat 2000 calories worth of "clean" foods than if I eat 2000 calories worth of fast or junk food.

I think you are neglecting macros. yes, calories top the list in terms of weight loss. but I got a hell of a lot of protein (30) from my burger king chicken sandwich tonight, and that adds to my daily goal. no matter where food comes from, it is broken down in the body just the same.

Nope

so ... burger king protein doesn't count? what about the carbs? can I count those?
    Nope.

sweet. which probably means the calories are imaginary, too! 950 extra calories to spend tonight when I get home!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Just looked at a bag of shakeology and I was right. :)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

There have to be nutrients for it to be nutrition

http://www.livestrong.com/article/260484-big-mac-nutrition-information/

according to this - there is.

Yep..calorie, protein..looks like nutrition is there. As I said, there might be better things to eat - but you are still getting some nutrition from it :)
  • lexielexie40
    Options
    I too struggle with fast food however I try to eat the healthier items. I prefer to cook my own food because I am an awesome cook. Try cook at least one meal each day , than add two, than add three, and hopefully your taste for fast food will dimension as time goes on. I will try this suggestion as well.:wink:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

All that BS Just to end up here. Wow I hope that **** pays well for the amount of time you have wasted in this thread.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    OMG SCARY CHEMICAL NAMES!

Would you eat something with the following ingredients?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

Any guess what this is?

An Orange.

I was going to post the same. what's cool is, oranges are clearly fake.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Right, you're saying calories are what matter. And I believe food is more than just calories. I believe I will feel better and be healthier if I eat 2000 calories worth of "clean" foods than if I eat 2000 calories worth of fast or junk food.

I think you are neglecting macros. yes, calories top the list in terms of weight loss. but I got a hell of a lot of protein (30) from my burger king chicken sandwich tonight, and that adds to my daily goal. no matter where food comes from, it is broken down in the body just the same.

Nope

so ... burger king protein doesn't count? what about the carbs? can I count those?
    Nope.

sweet. which probably means the calories are imaginary, too! 950 extra calories to spend tonight when I get home!

If you want.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    TFG this thread is going to roll pretty soon. It has sure taken a turn for the worse (a concept that seemed unimaginable just mere hours ago)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Can't tell if serious

Look at his profile picture, must be or he one epic troll.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

All that BS Just to end up here. Wow I hope that **** pays well for the amount of time you have wasted in this thread.
    Joylia posted about shakeology and I answered her. Naturally you all will ignore that and claim I'm pushing an agenda though thats absolutely not true.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I know taso... bummed about that but I've really had enough of the bull**** so I've resorted to trolling. Sorry. Honestly.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Too bad the nutrition in that bag or processed powdered muck is from prop blends where the nutrients they toot as being soooo awesome are in such small amounts that it doesn't make a difference... Mr. Beachbody Daikeler refuses to let anyone in on the "secret" of his prop blends and refuses to answer scientific questions about his blend. In fact, when I personally asked him last year point blank questions, he said "I DON'T KNOW." Yeah. We should all trust THAT, now shouldn't we?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

My bad. I remember reading something that Shakeology had cochineal and carminic acid. It is dried powdered beetles native to Central and South Americas. But I can't find the link now.