Weirdest thing about you...

Options

Replies

• mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Talk in my sleep sometimes (I've screamed a few times)
    Due to frequent, repetitive nightmares (I have mild night terrors) and biofeedback training, I can and do control my dreams
    I can sign my name using my right foot. My family says I have monkey feet, I can use them to pick up objects.
    My pointer and pinkie fingers are double jointed. I can make the "rock and roll" sign and then spread those fingers out sideways.
    My toes are slightly webbed.
    All of my joints pop, including my jaw, my sternum and the cartilage around my trachea.
    My brother and I are so close that we can understand conversations with just our eye motions and tiny hand movements (our family thinks this is pretty strange since the language isn't the same every time and we aren't aware we're doing it most of the time. We've also been banned from being teammates at card games lol)
    I put ketchup on my mac-n-cheese.
    I love all of the above quirks about me and then some.

And, oddest of all, I'm a fiction writer... le gasp! :laugh:

Edit: And as you can see from the untouched close up of my eyes below in my ticker.... My eyes are a red-brown color with a thick black ring. They range from very dark almost black to the reddish hue you see below.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My entire closet is organized by color and I cannot eat anything other than breakfast foods for breakfast....you will never catch this girl having a slice of pizza for her first meal of the day! :)
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I solve math problems in my sleep....

now if only that worked while I'm awake =(
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i'm double jointed and can make my eyes shake aha
  • mcflat29
    Options
    My entire closet is organized by color and I cannot eat anything other than breakfast foods for breakfast....you will never catch this girl having a slice of pizza for her first meal of the day! :)

Ew, I've never understood the cold pizza for breakfast thing... yuck. Cereal or oatmeal for dinner, sure... LOL
  • mcflat29
    Options
    I solve math problems in my sleep....

now if only that worked while I'm awake =(

Sell that as a movie script, call it the narcoleptic good will hunting...
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I find it "stimulating" to see someone write with his left hand.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If I have a bad/upsetting/scary dream I wake up crying - full on tears
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have an additional rib on my left side. Found out after a motorcycle wreck and had x-rays.

Wow! I never knew that was possible! That's cool!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have never used the bathroom on a plane... Just getting up on a plane freaks me out. Let's just say the flight from Paris to Chicago was not fun!

I was the same way! Except I had a flight from Chicago to Tokyo and I made it until hour 10 on the flight before I couldn't hold it anymore!

I am an all around weird person, but people find it weird/creepy that I can move one eye and hold the other one still.
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a weird sense of humor, but I enjoy it.
  • mcflat29
    Options
    I have an additional rib on my left side. Found out after a motorcycle wreck and had x-rays.

Wow! I never knew that was possible! That's cool!

Oh yeah, people get x-rays a lot... Kidding! The extra rib is pretty cool! My mom's missing one.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I like the smell of skunks. And since I'm the only person I've ever met that's said that, I'm pretty sure it qualifies as "weird". What about you? What's your weird secret?

Well my mom loves the smell of skunks. She was a girl scout service unit leader for years and her camp name all the little scouts knew her as was Skunk. Even years later now that I'm an adult my mom and I might be out somewhere and a lady in her twenties or thirties might come up to us and ask "Are you Skunk?" and we know we're seeing one of her old campers all grown up.

My mom is also really quirky/nutty and immensely enjoyed embarrassing her four kids. Even when she wasn't doing it on purpose it was often a happy accident. So imagine how mortified my twin and I were the summer before 6th grade. We had mom's station wagon loaded with our best friends to celebrate our birthday at the water park when mom smelled a skunk. Did she keep on driving? Not on your life. She pulled over and made all of our friends "deep breathe" to savor the aroma. My 11&12 year old girlfriends dramatically squealed and fanned their noses, plugged their noses or pulled their shirts up over their faces so only wide, horrified eyes peeked out. And my mom sat there demonstrating her deep breathing method. Sniff, sniff, sniiiiiiifffff. Sniff, sniff, sniiiiiiifffff!

Couldn't she at least TRY to reign in her craziness when all my friends are around? Jeez mom, no one likes skunks but you! (I guess my 11-year old self was wrong since you like it too.)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean freak and when I leave out of town which is a lot I have to have my house SPOTLESS andn closests organized. I even go as far as organizing my sheets and towels by color. I do this just incase something happens to me and I did in a plane crash. I don't want anyone to come in my house and saw "boy she wasn't great at keeping her house clean". I know I know why do I care I would be dead huh.

I do that too!! (i dont organize the sheets by color though) and I also do it with hygiene and stuff. I hate missing a day shaving my legs because if I died I dont want the M.E. to see prickly legs. Sometimes if I'm in a big hurry I'll at least quickly shave my armpits and hooha but even then I drive extra carefully and dont take any chances. (also, sorry if its tmi but I'm horrified at the idea of dying when I'm on my monthly. Please God dont let me die during shark week. I dont care if I am dead, I don't ever want anyone to handle my tampon. And if I'm in a coma before menopause, pull the plug.)

Other weird things about me:
    -I have a bifida rib. That means the top rib on my right side is split and the two halves overlap. The lump can be felt if u rub my chest.
    -I eat gummy bears in pairs so they dont die alone
    -I am scared of puppets, especially ventriloquists and dummies. I can't deal. No no.
    -I'm positive I've seen bigfoot. (Although I live in Washington state which has the highest number of sightings.)
    -I talk in my sleep and my fiance loves listening to the stuff I say and tell me in the morning. Sometimes I can remember the dream he's telling me about, not always though.
  • louisel809
    Options
    i cant stand my foods touching each other on my plate. With the exception of potatoes-any kind except mashed, they can touch anything because they are what i make my plate forts with!!! Chips work best!
    I got issues lol!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    ideas my crazy brain creates all the time.
  • CML93
    CML93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm the same with my breakfast! I can't eat pizza for breakfast, even if it's already noon.
    I also have a habit of grabbing bits of hair and putting them to my lips when I'm concentrating. For some reason, it's comforting.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm am the same person IRL as I am on the internet. Amazing I know.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I call my arms "bad boys."
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I don't watch or follow sports.