Weirdest thing about you...

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I think my morning routine for work is a bit silly. I wake up at 8:15 a.m.. I get dressed, put on deodorant and body spray, and then feed my cats. Then I set my alarm for 8:37 a.m. and nap until then. I wake up again. I brush my teeth, pack my lunch, grab my water, grab my phone, then go. Everything is done in that order and I have no idea why. :)

Edit:
    * I forgot to mention that I have to get dressed, put on deodorant, and feed my cats by 8:20 a.m. or it throws off my whole day.

Shower? Or....nah?
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am constantly smoothing my eyebrows with my fingers - I can feel it when hairs start to go the wrong direction and I get twitchy.

I get quite bothered when people are unable to clap/tap whatever WITH the beat. My husband will clap off the rhythyms on purpose and it is like torture.

The volume setting on my car stays at level 5, even though that makes it hard to hear on some roads, level 6 is TOO loud, and I don't care for music that is TOO loud.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have trypophobia. This kind of *kitten* bothers the hell out of me. Irrational, I know.

That last picture made me almost hyperventalate. WTF...I can't even think about it. BLECH.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of cows (well, bulls, but I refuse to get close enough to any bovine to distinguish the difference)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I mix tuna in my oatmeal and like it.

Whoa, I could totally see that! MUST TRY NOW!!! Lol.

I sneeze anytime I eat anything minty.... and, I set my alarm clock for times like 6:57, even though my clock is already set ahead by 5 (or 7?) mins...LOL.
  • LisaDeniseJackson
    Options
    I will not eat candy out of a candy bowl unless it is individually wrapped. I just picture people's grimy hands all over the candy and it grosses me out.

Also, I name my pets with elaborate names and back stories (My dog was Sir Barkles Barklestein, an introverted Jewish lawyer, my cat is Bobert Bobertstein, a rebel with a heart of gold)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have trypophobia. This kind of *kitten* bothers the hell out of me. Irrational, I know.

1090137696_93cb482bc2_b.jpg

Surinam%20Toad.jpg

Trypophobia_by_Ville13.jpg

1-262x300.jpg

Oh God, EW! I had to look that word up but i've always been insanely grossed-out by stuff like that...and it takes A LOT to gross me out, otherwise.. YUCK! That makes the skin on my head just crawl.......
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I'm a couchsurfer. When I travel, I spend at least some nights staying at strangers' homes...and a few strangers stay at my home for a night or so when they're travelling (I get one or two singles or groups per month). I've only had one bad experience, and that was a couple that treated my house like a hotel. Otherwise it's been quite a lot of fun!

I would not say this is the weirdest thing about me, but it is the thing that people tend to freak out about.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Everything
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE cheese..every kind...and Ive tried my hardest to like it..but i just can't do it!
  • hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    Every night, before I can get in the bed and actually sleep, I have to make sure the covers and fitted sheet are pulled straight, all military-style. Also the comforter has to be perfectly lined up evenly on both sides and across the bottom.

I'm not sure when this started - probably about the time I got married and realized that my hubs was okay with sleeping in a pile of blankets every night.

At any rate, I have extreme OCD about this, and drive my husband insane. I cannot sleep with fitted sheets coming off the mattress, untucked flat sheets or a lopsided comforter.

*PHEW* :laugh:
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    I count in my head constantly...I dont know why I do it but its rather annoying.
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    Um. I'm obsessed with drag queens and the art of drag -- which I don't think is too weird but people who know me don't exactly "get" the interest....
    If I really like something (a tv show, a play, a movie, a song, etc.) I will watch/see/listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over again and not get sick of it. I can't even answer how many times I've watched the third season of RuPaul's Drag Race. And you know how many times I've seen RENT live? ...17? I think? But I'm not positive. It's weird.

Since Rupaul's Drag Race went up on Netflix I have watched it so many times. I absolutely love drag culture. I am also one to rewatch things over and over without ever getting sick of them. I have probably watched every episode of Futurama, Alias, The Simpsons, Bones, Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother at least 10 times.
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have coulrophobia(Screw clowns...they are evil) and my OCD is at an all time high that the fridge has taken new levels of Tetris adult level!!!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I freak out if certain foods touch each other (ketchup touches eggs, mustard touches cheese
    I don't eat "ends" of things (sausages, pickles, cucumbers, hot dogs, pepperettes)
    Any bathroom that isn't mine creeps me out. I cover and hover. And if I go into your bathroom and you have the toilet lid up and your toothbrush on the counter, I may run away screaming. Both my bf, my sister and my mom will do the same.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I have to turn my head sideways in order to burp. Ear to top of shoulder, then burp. I can't help it.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I can hum and whistle at the same time.

JM
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    When I run, I make the "rock & roll" symbol with my right hand. No idea why...
    And when I walk, my left wrist tends to go limp. I've had a couple people point this out to me so I try to make sure I'm holding a water bottle or something in that hand so it doesn't look too weird.

My eyes are completely different vision wise. My left eye has albinism - there are tiny pin holes in my iris so the eye moves more than normal in order to focus. When I'm really tired, it's really noticible to the point where if I'm talking to someone and making eye contact, they'll usually comment on it. I've got such trouble with it that I've actually learned to ignore the signals from that eye and concentrate more on what's coming through the right eye. And lastly, one eye is near-sighted and the other is far-sighted so depth perception is a real pain in the rear. Which is part of the reason I'm terrified of heights/falling. To top it all off, none of it can really be corrected with glasses. They make things a little better but the difference is fairly inperceptible.

Oh and I get visual migraines. I see weird floaty things and auras. At first, it was just the visual stuff but the older I get, the more I'm getting headaches that accompany these episodes. Like normal migraines, I need to take some sort of anti-inflammatory med (Advil works good so far) and go sit somewhere dark and quiet for a bit until it passes. They're at their worst in the summer if I'm out in the bright sun too long but too much reading and/or stress seems to bring them on too.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I curse in Spanish.

I laugh at my own jokes.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am scared to death of puke (be it other people or myself vomiting). I can;t even see people puke in movies without being completely grossed out and I try to always close my eyes (or cover my head so I don't have to hear the sound) if I see it coming. I will do anything (!) to keep myself from throwing up and go to length to avoid seeing others do it (so far, no kids for this girl). I also know the exact time I last threw up myself. It was in 2004 before a Spanish final (no jitters here, I caught a lovely stomach bug).

The ex and I once came across a lady projectile vomiting in a parking lot - yes, I screamed and we had to leave immediately (it was a restaurant and I was no longer hungry).

Oddly I LOVE LOVE LOVE roller coasters...with the ever present fear of someone puking on me. :sick: