Weirdest thing about you...

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from! I think I'll just go with I love having my hair pulled.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    I curse in Spanish.

I laugh at my own jokes.
    Wait this is considered wierd? I do the same s**t
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I curse in Spanish.

I laugh at my own jokes.
    Wait this is considered wierd? I do the same s**t

I don't think its weird, but the people around me seem to....
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Hair that isn't attached to a body part creeps me out.
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I'm bored, I'll translate words between languages in my head.

When nobody's around, I sometimes like to do my take on Monty Python's 'ministry of silly walks'... and on more than one occasion have fallen down the stairs lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

The night before a business meeting, I'll dream about lions. I don't know why.

I can only sleep on a bed. Due to flights and travelling, I once stayed awake for 56 hours. I kept passing out on the way up to my hotel room, which must have looked funny.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have trypophobia. This kind of *kitten* bothers the hell out of me. Irrational, I know.

1090137696_93cb482bc2_b.jpg

Surinam%20Toad.jpg

Trypophobia_by_Ville13.jpg

1-262x300.jpg

I think this post GAVE me trypophobia, especially that last pic. If you need me, I'll be rocking back and forth in the corner while hyperventilating.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    When I pump gas it has to end in a 7. (ex: $35.07)
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a mild obsession with drag queens and little people.

I have an insanely large shoe collection, but I really hate wearing shoes.

I "type" sentences in my head after saying them.

I put my hand around the doorway and flip on the light before I enter a room.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of quirks to pick at.

1. I despise all numbers that are not divisible by 5 or 10, except for multiples of 12, but only when it comes to food. (I'm a baker. I like my muffin tins perfectly full lol.) 60 is the ultimate number. It's divisible by 10, and represents 5 dozen cupcakes. Just perfect. X3 Oh yeah, 3 can hang out sometimes, too.

2. After dark, open doors scare the frickin' S*** outta me! Since I can remember, I have always had recurring nightmares of running through doors and trying to close them behind me to slow down whatever ghastly monster is chasing me. Therefore, F doors. I once had to babysit at a house where my sleeping quarters was the "spare room" in the basement (OF ALL PLACES). It had a total of EIGHT DOORWAYS. NO DOORS TO CLOSE. I didn't sleep a wink. O______O

3. Ditto for windows. Blinds must be closed after hours! No blinds or curtains? I avoid eye contact with the offending window. My brain plays horrible tricks on me to the point where I can see s*** in the shadows.

4. My brain also plays tricks on me by making me hear things. Therefore, I must sleep with background noise on (TV, radio, etc.), but only if I'm sleeping alone. If someone else is in the room, I feel much safer lol. I'm just terrified of the dark!

5. Bright colors give my brain a high like no other. I'm like a moth to a flame. If I see anything, and I mean anything, with colors like hot pink, neon green, violet, electric blue, etc, I must go stare and admire it for a moment. My boyfriend has lost me too many times to count at the mall because I have a habit of wandering off to stare at colors. And it could be something completely stupid like cleaning supplies! I love office supply stores for this reason. Sticky-Notes are my friends... I also tend to run off with handfuls of paint chips from houseware stores. I'm amassing a rather pleasant collection.

6. I am so terrified of heights, I'm surprised I'm not completely crippled by it. I remember taking the stairs in elementary and high school was a nightmare. I have to hug the wall at all times if I'm taking stairs. If not, I'll be tempted to look down that little gap between the railings, aaaaallllll the way down to the bottom floor... Oh god, I think I'm gonna be sick just thinking about it... I'm trying hard to get over my fear as an adult now.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I eat almost everything with a knife and a fork (bagged snacks like potato chips and sweets excluded).
    Don't know why, but I like to eat Cheetos with chopsticks.

Though I am not as bad as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have trypophobia. This kind of *kitten* bothers the hell out of me. Irrational, I know.

Surinam%20Toad.jpg

1-262x300.jpg

Oh God, EW! I had to look that word up but i've always been insanely grossed-out by stuff like that...and it takes A LOT to gross me out, otherwise.. YUCK! That makes the skin on my head just crawl.......

Do not google lotus boob then.....
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    I used to have recurring nightmares about what I thought mushrooms tasted like. Whenever I think about mushrooms, I can taste it, and it makes me a tiny bit sick to my stomach (it used to be REALLY bad). So! I've never eaten a mushroom.

I also have never eaten an orange, because the texture is too weird.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't understand :(
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Surinam%20Toad.jpg

1-262x300.jpg

Oh God, EW! I had to look that word up but i've always been insanely grossed-out by stuff like that...and it takes A LOT to gross me out, otherwise.. YUCK! That makes the skin on my head just crawl.......

Do not google lotus boob then.....

That last pic really really creeps me out, i just don't understand :(
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of night lights and people who wear white socks creep me out for whatever reason.

Also I'm an organized freak. I organize every single day. If I don't organize something, I'm thrown off.

Also If you live in California and know there are a bunch if windmill in NorCal towards the Bay Area (and others parts of Cali), I've always been hugely fascinated with windmills ever since I was a child (seeing pictures of them, seeing them off the freeways, in the mountains) . I get overly excited when I see them and have known to cry a few times (tears of joy of course) lol I know weird.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I eat fried eggs every morning and use olive oil to cook them. I don't like slippery/oily eggs though... So I put paper towels on my plate, put the cooked eggs on top using my spatula & then I use the corners of the paper towels to dab the oil off the top part of the eggs. Then I pick up the eggs by hand, remove the paper towels & put the eggs back on the plate. I don't think anyone's ever seen me do this but my family. I won't do it if I'm cooking eggs for someone else though. In restaurants, I will dab the top off the eggs with a napkin but I won't do the underside.

I'm probably putting paper fibers on my food, but I just don't like greasy or buttery eggs...
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I will not touch revolving door handles or those gross black escalator handles. I usually try to open doors with my forearms.

I bring coffee in the shower with me. It goes on the top tier of the corner rack.

In a restaurant, after a plate is put in front of me, I always touch the plate, especially if the server says 'the plate is very hot'.
  • arl499
    arl499 Posts: 4
    Options
    Stepping on cobble stone barefoot gives me the feeling that I have to pee. It's made me feel this way since i can remember. As soon as I step off of it the feeling resides. Also, sometimes if I have had an especially stressful day I can't handle the feeling of paper. I never can touch paper that comes out of a copy machine and newspaper. The texture grosses me out.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    Probably not the weirdest, but I often jog to classical muaic.
  • jakespunkin
    Options

-I eat gummy bears in pairs so they dont die alone
    -

For that line alone you may have to buy me a new keyboard as mine is now sprayed with tea!

As for me, see avatar... pretty much explains it all.