what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    i had a bad, sad night last night and instead of emotional eating, i just went to bed. I woke up still sad but STILL didnt binge eat like i usually would!! :bigsmile:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Today I went to Panera and stayed away from cream soups, sandwiches and the bakery. I was satisfied with a nice salad and some chicken noodle soup. I did not use my entire day's worth of calories on one meal eating out.

i had panera for lunch, chicken salad and chicken sandwich!!
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I logged all the crap I ate today. And I haven't eaten any of the baby shower cake that's lurking in the back office... is it five o'clock yet? <insert workout here>
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cranked out a 30 min run on 6.0
  • ginajann1
    ginajann1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I swam for half an hour without stopping. felt tired but elated
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Worked out hard and was focused this morning!
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Did about 12% of a chin-up.
  • marcd90
    marcd90 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Woke up at 5:15 in the morning to work out
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I pulled my day around from stressing out and inhaling 100 kcal worth of sugar by doing an awesome 10K tempo run in the evening.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Went to a golf/tennis shop that only sells salesmens samples. I had gone a year ago and was hugely disappointed because they only had smalls and mediums. At that time - i wore a large - for sure. No trying on.
    Went today - and pulled smalls and mediums off to try. (i have not done any clothes shopping since losing weight). A small skirt fit just fine! Some of the mediums were actually too large!!!!!!!!
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did Turbo Jam for 20 minutes, something I haven't done in a while. Also did not eat too much Halloween candy and logged everything that I ate.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased as can be that I had a big cheeseburger and a wee bit of fries, rinsed it al down with water and still was under my cals by 76 cals!!! I was over in sodium, but the first time I've been over in sodium in over a month! WOOT and yum:bigsmile:
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I meant to post this when I got home from trick or treating, but I feel just as good about it now as I did 30ish hours ago.

This time last year when I went trick or treating with me son and husband we went to my in-laws neighborhood. Really friendly people, great lighting, lots of goodies for the boy. Within 35-40 minutes of walking I was all but begging for my son to quit earlier than he wanted. I had been lagging behind him and my husband for a majority ofthe evening and rhey were forced to continually wait for me. I was exhausted and in pain and felt like sitting by the curb to cry. I felt like an awful parent for making my son quit ealy because I wasn't healthy enough to enjoy it.

Fast forward to this Halloween... I was able to keep up with my seven year old going house to house (again in/near my in-laws neighborhood), not only that but I had to continually slow my pace because I was outdistancing him and my husband. Even walking up and down hills I was able to keep up conversation and didn't feel winded. And then the most awesome thing happened; my son announced that HE was tired and wanted to go home and I was still up for going down several more streets, no problem! In a year I went from forcing my son to cut his trick or treating short to being too fast and energetic for him!!

My husband on the walk back to his parent's house turned to me and asked, "How do you have THIS MUCH energy?!" And I could oh laugh and respond, "I'm finally taking care of my body and giving it the opportunity to be healthy."

Definitely one of the best feelings I have had since starting down this road to better health. Being as to see how much has change just makes me want to keep the momentum going just so I can see what the next awesome thing will be. :D
  • marfhutch
    marfhutch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Had all my measurements done for a reassessment at the gym...managed to lose 3% body fat and a few inches in 2 months :) officially no longer in the 'fat' category for bf%!
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That I got through one of the most incredibly stressful weeks..and never once did I think about turning to food as a way to feel better. I survived the week and I'm still feeling good about the things I'm doing.
  • day 2 no sugar
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    being able to do 20 pushups at once instead of only 3 when I first started.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for accepting that the scales fluctuate up sometimes- as there is no way I've eaten 7000 extra calories; I'm not freaking out.

Also, I've been sick this week... and for days all I've been thinking about is "hopefully I can run again tomorrow". Missing exercise is something I NEVER expected to be on my mind!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 coffee FREE (NO coffee at all) for me. This is a tremendous accomplishment to/for me...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smooched: :love: :smooched:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That I stayed positive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!