what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just did 15 regular pushups:bigsmile: . Two months ago I was doing modified pushups. A year ago I wouldn't have even tried to do a pushup, modified or other.
  • lilyreallywill
    lilyreallywill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I walked for over an hour with my dog and literally climbed a mountain - ten minutes of step incline and back down again. Day 1.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I stepped up my walking (instead of getting a ride to work and walking home, I walked to work and will be walking home too) and I've stuck to my increased-veggies goal for almost a week. I'm also pretty proud of having all my meals planned out through the weekend!

ETA: Oh, and I looked at a full-body shot of myself from two years ago, compared it with a photo from yesterday, and finally realized exactly how far I've come -- which is nice! I was feeling a little like I'd lost all this weight and didn't look any different.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I bumped up my treadmill walking 10 minutes today--instead of two sessions of 15 minutes treadmill, then stationary bike, then 15 minutes treadmill--I've done 20 minutes each treadmill time. :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I did 17.160 steps today. That may not sound like super star stuff, but it's a record for me and I'm so GLAD. NOW, if ONLY I'm consistent with this type of daily activity...slim & trim-dom will be mine by springtime (God willing). WOW...17,160 steps in one day---WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Friday evening, I was upset about a crisis, and my folks were helping me resolve it.
    They keep a bowl of Hershey's Special Dark miniatures by the kitchen door,
    and I wanted to grab a double fistful, and devour them.
    I looked up the candy on MFP: 5 pieces made up one serving.
    The calorie total, fat, and carbohydrates were within my limits.
    I counted out the pieces, ate them slowly, and was proud of myself.
    I'd gotten a chocolate fix without blowing my diet!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have a mere three weeks until I'm done with my third semester of nursing school. The joy abounds.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of all the things today!
    1) I decluttered my livingroom and washed all the floors.
    2) I went to the gym for the first time in years!
    3) I had a shake with protein powder to boost my protein(it's still not perfect though$
    4) The scale finally started to move down after two weeks of not.
    5) I spent most of the day with my teenage daughter:). Precious moments.
    6) I baked two dozen chocolate cookies and only aye a half cookie. (I had French fries at A&W for lunch).
    7) I've been using my arm like a normal person today (after shoulder surgery three months ago)
    :blushing:
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today I ran for 30 minutes @ 4.0mph and did 2 miles! HUGE for me in that four DAYS ago I ran .8 of a mile @ 3.5mph.

Starting C25K tomorrow so I can better pace myself and not get injured.
  • michellelandis33
    Options
    I am proud that I finally found this saving grace of a food journal and my life is changing for the better...It is working!! I am proud that I went to lunch today and preplanned my choices. I asked for a box for my leftovers,i had no refilled drink, i didn't go up to the buffet for another plateful,,,,i also did cardio workout with a friend for an hour and 15 minutes!!! Go me! I am excited about my day.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I spent the day working on renovations in my home gym. I followed that up with a kickass workout (1055 calories burned!), including a 3 mile run. It's the longest I've run in several months (I had a baby 5 weeks ago), and I'm really proud of myself for getting back into my old fitness routines.
  • xstea11
    Options
    BMI sub 25.0 for the first time in years....
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    BMI sub 25.0 for the first time in years....

Wow! That's way terrific. Congrats to you and I can hardly wait to get there myself! WOOT!!!!
  • tmariethomas5
    Options
    I am proud of myself for jogging 5 mph for a half hour! First time since...well, first time ever! :smokin:
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No soda since I have started 16 days ago
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I'm starting over as of my doctors appointment yesterday. I'm proud that I'm under my calorie goal and not tempted to snack.
  • raaines
    raaines Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day two was a success:
    1. Ate well. No binging, no bad food.
    2. Ran far and fast
    3. Made progress on school work
    4. Felt happy.

:)
  • aecordy
    Options
    did leg day despite being sick.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I listened to my body and let myself do whatever I wanted on my day off including a nice ride to the beach, an eggnog latte and a walk in the sand!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I made it through a hard stair running session this morning and didn't give up even though I wanted to
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!