Whey protein is making you fat

Options

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    you guys, just FYI, I'm totally f*cking with you.

I'm eating an egg sandwhich as I troll the troll post.

My ultimate point, other than getting a few kicks, is there is no point demonizing any type of food or else you can go to extremes and demonize even potatoes.

IRL, all f*cking around aside, I am a vegetarian. But it's not for reasons having anything to do with my teeth.

IRL i also was in a relationship with a raw foodist. You can imagine how much fun that was! LOL!

I love how people think up labels to make their choices seem more exciting/alternative "raw foodist" - or "bit of a *kitten*"......who decides?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    IRL i also was in a relationship with a raw foodist. You can imagine how much fun that was! LOL!

I love how people think up labels to make their choices seem more exciting/alternative "raw foodist" - or "bit of a *kitten*"......who decides?

he was both a raw foodist and a bit of a *kitten*. Good call!
  • aparker36
    aparker36 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with unsweetened almond milk...super yummy, and the almond milk only has 30 calories per cup!
  • ELCABRA
    ELCABRA Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    he he he
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Whey protein did make me fat. But that was because I was eating a AM whey shake, and then a pre workout protein shake.. and then a post workout protein shake.

THanks ...*kitten*$hole personal trainer I hired who gave me crappy nutrition advice when I didn't know better!

He told me if i didn't keep drinking them I'd lose my muscle.

Well, I didn't lose my muscle but I gained alot of fat over it. Way too much.

And I don't blame the whey protein shakes. I blame the amount I drank. I'm a petite person not some 6'3 bodybuilding man.

I do ingest the whey protein now. But am not fat anymore. In fact I lost weight but I am not giving the whey protein props for that either. I only have one serving if I have it at all now. Lately I've been making a whey protein with pb2 pudding for my snack at night. ANd that's that. No more 3 whey protein shakes a day. One scoop is enough.

SO yeah, whey protein will make you fat if you have too much of it or anything else.

I also got fat eating nothing but bananas and dates(I was a fruitarian a long time ago!) ...but that's for another post.
  • funkygirl35
    Options
    the problem with skim millk is the amount of sugar in it, not the fat!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Whey protein did make me fat. But that was because I was eating a AM whey shake, and then a pre workout protein shake.. and then a post workout protein shake.

THanks ...*kitten*$hole personal trainer I hired who gave me crappy nutrition advice when I didn't know better!

Well, I didn't lose my muscle but I gained alot of fat over it.

And I don't blame the whey protein shakes. I blame the amount I drank. I'm a petite person not some 6'3 bodybuilding man.

I do ingest the whey protein now. But am not fat anymore. In fact I lost weight but I am not giving the whey protein props for that either. I only have one serving if I have it at all now. Lately I've been making a whey protein with pb2 pudding for my snack at night. ANd that's that. No more 3 whey protein shakes a day. One scoop is enough.

SO yeah, whey protein will make you fat if you have too much of it or anything else.

I also got fat eating nothing but bananas and dates(I was a fruitarian a long time ago!) ...but that's for another post.

fat is about too many calories. When I was a raw foodist (oh! I outted myself!) i was "thin" but not because i ate raw. It was because when you limit your diet to what you can eat raw, you are limiting your calorie consumption...or I guess more specifically I was because I ate mostly salads and sprouts and carrots and avocados.

that sucks about your personal trainer. I don't know what kind of training people have to go through to call themselves things like "personal trainer" or "nurtirtionist" but I have been given some really crappy advice from them, too. Like "quit eating meals and drink meal replacement shakes twice a day"....um. I believe I said I didn't want to go on a diet!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    the problem with skim millk is the amount of sugar in it, not the fat!!

Someone needs to engineer a cow who's milk has no fat NOR sugar.

That would be sweet.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Well, I didn't lose my muscle but I gained alot of fat over it.

fat is about too many calories. When I was a raw foodist (oh! I outted myself!) i was "thin" but not because i ate raw. It was because when you limit your diet to what you can eat raw, you are limiting your calorie consumption...or I guess more specifically I was because I ate mostly salads and sprouts and carrots and avocados.

that sucks about your personal trainer. I don't know what kind of training people have to go through to call themselves things like "personal trainer" or "nurtirtionist" but I have been given some really crappy advice from them, too. Like "quit eating meals and drink meal replacement shakes twice a day"....um. I believe I said I didn't want to go on a diet!

As a fruitarian...I ate mostly bananas and dates. Smetimes a whole case of DATES at a time.... I was pretty dumb back in the day.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i use whey and casein and i dont see myself getting fat from it .its nice to have something different than meat and fish which i have all the time . a protein shake with frozen berries and cold water makes a great smoothie that i enjoy and its eays and inexpensive on top of it
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

As a fruitarian...I ate mostly bananas and dates. Smetimes a whole case of DATES at a time.... I was pretty dumb back in the day.

:) We all done our time in the stupid section! LOL! You look like you are major killer now!
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    If eaten too much then yes i agree, everything in moderation as in the Paleo diet for example
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is filtered to remove all the guff. Its not like they put the whey run off directly into tubs and sell it.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Surely milk is fattening due to its fat content?

Skimmed milk isn't fattening.

FAT isn't what makes people FAT.

How many times are we going to have to say this.... ::Face palm::

I hope you were being sarcastic.

ETA: WTF is the deal with this post? I hope the whole thing is a joke cause if not this is just.... incorrect. That's the nicest word I can think of right now.

I agree. Nonsense.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    well, i have a whey protien powder everyday after the gym, mixed with 30 cal almond milk and 1/2 cup frozen berries, and ive lost 50 pounds since september... so...
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    *slow clap*

nice job. needed a good laugh and this thread is golden.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    well, i have a whey protien powder everyday after the gym, mixed with 30 cal almond milk and 1/2 cup frozen berries, and ive lost 50 pounds since september... so...

You're clearly doing it wrong.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    IN

To find out more about the relationship between protein/fat/metabolism/insulin. There is much wisdom here.
  • Mich3ll36
    Options
    What a second, I see a protein shakes AND milk in your diary. Hmmmm.....

^^^ greatness... hahahahaa