eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    In.

Out

In.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I never understood why human's drink milk past baby stage of life... seriously how many animals out there still drink milk from their mother after the first 9-12 months... Oh wait....we dont drink milk from our mothers but rather from another animal..... amazed.....

Because we can and it's tasty - especially in lattes and ice cream.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    In.

Out

In.

How YOU doin'? :wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    what happens if you mix your whey protein with milk? Diabetic coma!

Obesity, diabeetus, osteoporosis, chronic flatulence, renal failure, influenza, the list goes on. It's simply not worth it. Not worth it at all.

You missed cancer and impotence!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    ALL THE COOKED FOODS ARE BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat raw vegan or be doomed to a life of illness!!!!!

I can go raw as long as I can still have some of my raw meats too. Would that be acceptable?

No. RAW VEGAN or illness!!!!!! All the foods are bad for you unless you could find it in nature and consume it while crawling around on all fours naked in a rainforest.

The end.

What about raw bugs? I can do that crawling around on all fours naked in a rainforest.

Sisson would approve
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    I hope this post becomes huge and the message widespread. That way the price of whey protein will go down for me.
    hahaha thanks lol you made my morning lol - I second that!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I hope this post becomes huge and the message widespread. That way the price of whey protein will go down for me.
    hahaha thanks lol you made my morning lol - I second that!!

Good luck on your weight gaining goals of 2013
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    May the force be with you
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This topic is making my head hurt. I need to finish my whey protein shake mixed with coffee before further contemplation.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    **grabs popcorn and sits back for a read and a laugh**
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    Add fiber to your protein shake. 1-2 Tbsp of flax meal should do the trick, or 1 Tbsp coconut flour. Fiber helps regulate the insulin spikes from glucose/all sugars. That and most people don't get the 30g of fiber that they need on a daily basis.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If you've been paying attention to such luminaries as Taubes, Sission et al, you'd know that insulin is what has caused the obesity epidemic. With that in mind it's be best to avoid whey protein due to the insulin spikes, as it's seemingly worse than glucose or white bread. Maybe this is why milk is so fattening, due to it's whey content?

The insulinogenic effect of whey protein is partially mediated by a direct effect of amino acids and GIP on β-cells

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/9/1/48

1743-7075-9-48-3.jpg

Interesting...... but personally once being super morbidly obese...and on two needles a day of 170 units of insulin....i used and still use whey isolate protein powder myself...and have no spikes ...my sugars A1c are in the 5's n my daily range from 4's to 5's... n i am no longer on insulin or no meds for diabetes.... so for me their study doesnt mesh with my results.....
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Why take any of that artificial, processed stuff at all? Eat a steak and go on with your day.

PREACH.
  • Jesskazen
    Options
    fat doesn't actually make people fat. It's mostly carbohydrates and sugars that do that.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

^^Agree completely!^^
  • sociologywoman
    sociologywoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein is not the only GOOD protein out there!!! and in reality, Whey, Casin and Milk, ...in general is NOT as healthy for you as the Lobbist and Dairy industry would like to brainwash us to believe!!!

The number one question to ask is why do we drink cow's milk when so many other countries do not?? and what was the intention of cows milk?? Cow's milk is meant to fatten a calf up in a short rapid period of time... period...it has a lot of hormones, fats and other proteins to do just that....for CALVES. Human milk does the same thing but for HUMANS lol...we don't see other animals in the animal world consuming other animal milk...yet we do?!?! weird.

Secondly, Milk acts as an acid in your body, it deteriates bones and it actually can cause a lot of internal inflammation/inflammatory responses in the body,...most people just don't attribute it to milk!! The research is readily available for you on the internet, do some research...watch the movie Forks over Knives, ... I opted to eliminate milk as my own guinea pig testing.... I already had a lactose intolerance ( you know when your belly gurgles after milk products).... I found after eliminating milk....1) I know longer had "Sinus" issues, stuffy nosed...always feeling like I was "plugged up". I was on a daily Allegra-D for EVER, until I eliminated milk.
    2) I just started to feel better..... 3) Milk actually doesn't do your body good..... because of it's acidity...it errods the bones... theres research to show under developed worlds who have no access to milk have minimal to no rates of Osteperosis, incomparison to countries like the US or other developed nations.

I also did a food allergy testing and found that I was allergic to most dairy ...including the casin, lactose, whey etc... the results showed it was causing internal inflammation (which is a leading cause of heart attacks and strokes that goes unnoticed by most physicians...b/c they simply do not test your C-reactive proteins).

By eliminating the foods I was having issues with, I noticed less fatigue, less bloating, less digestive issues, etc etc etc...

There are good proteins out there such as Rice Proteins, Pea Proteins, and Egg Protein that can be used as supplement with little reactions for most people..

Do the research....but I've already seen dramatic changes!!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think, that I will disregard this OP...as I am NOT a mouse...

OP, Are you a mouse?
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    what happens if you mix your whey protein with milk? Diabetic coma!
    hahahahahaha:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Secondly, Milk acts as an acid in your body, it deteriates bone

Please feel free to back this up with evidence.

INB4 "why should I.........all the research is out there" etc etc and other scaremongering.

I already had a lactose intolerance

Then why were you still drinking milk?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Secondly, Milk acts as an acid in your body, it deteriates bone

Please feel free to back this up with evidence.

INB4 "why should I.........all the research is out there" etc etc and other scaremongering.

Yeah - I would be very interested in that as well - I keep asking when people make these fear mongering claims, and never actually get anything.