Things for which you wish MFP would give strikes...

Replies

• verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Derailing a thread to flirt with another user who lives on the other side of the nation because their profile pic is "hot" (Actually I wish all forums gave strikes for this. I'm not anti-sex but COME ON!) Doesn't count in threads that have no actual topic.

Telling people that what works for them isn't important or valid for whatever reason, usually because it's not what works for you. (I saw a fun thread recently where people were getting butthurt because some people avoid foods they might binge on whereas some people will eat anything in moderation. Different strategies for different brain types.)

Obvious trolling.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Not giving google a chance to explain things to you first.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Whenever anyone asks me anything I grab my smartphone and yell "TO THE GOOGLE!!" :laugh: :glasses:
  • One strike for reporting something because you're butthurt.

Two strikes for reporting something because you're butthurt if you've previously told someone to get thicker skin.

Three strikes for reporting a topic that is "against the guidelines" if you've previously contributed to topics "against the guidelines".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Isn't that the truth!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Once you get on someone's bad side, they seem 'blank' bent on getting you banned and reporting you...for no reason at all other than to get you off the site because they disagree with your POV.
  • The ridiculous "Men/women - what do you think of..." "How should women act on a date?" OH MY GOD. It kills me.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Any 'how do I spot reduce' or any that mention a product Dr. Oz recommends
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    posting recipes without calorie counts....
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Posting a "what counts as water" thread.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    One strike for reporting something because you're butthurt.

Two strikes for reporting something because you're butthurt if you've previously told someone to get thicker skin.

Three strikes for reporting a topic that is "against the guidelines" if you've previously contributed to topics "against the guidelines".

Unless the against the guidelines topic you are reporting are one of those really dangerous ones that really needs to go - remember the girl posting all the anorexic pictures and telling the girls how to do that?
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Asking why you've gained X pounds this week despite doing everything right and you have a closed diary. Love that.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member

Speaking of which, when I take a shower can I count that as 1 1/2 cups of water?! Surely I absorb some, right? :laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    not having a sense of humor
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Posting a new thread that is asking a question already being asked in two threads on page one of the forums.

Asking if you should buy an hrm when you have already loaded it in your Amazon cart and are just choosing among the shipping options.

Any guy that admits to doing 30DS
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member

Unless the against the guidelines topic you are reporting are one of those really dangerous ones that really needs to go - remember the girl posting all the anorexic pictures and telling the girls how to do that?
    Agreed!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    so like, if you get 3 strikes, are you really banned from the forum for life? does that carry over into being locked out of your food diary too?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    so like, if you get 3 strikes, are you really banned from the forum for life? does that carry over into being locked out of your food diary too?

No, you can log your food, but you are like totally banned from the forums for, like, life.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Talking about raspberry ketones.
  • Aviva92

No, you can log your food, but you are like totally banned from the forums for, like, life.

bummer, but as long as they don't block your food diary then not so bad. i wouldn't want to get 3 strikes and then get fat as a result.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member

bummer, but as long as they don't block your food diary then not so bad. i wouldn't want to get 3 strikes and then get fat as a result.

Strikes are extremely high in calories (as well as fruit sugars) so you have to be super totally careful about that.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Questions posted about what "curvy" means.
  • Aviva92

i feel this way about any thread topic that is made repeatedly. being new to the forum is no excuse for this. maybe being new to the internet in general might give you a pass.