Things for which you wish MFP would give strikes...

Replies

• Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Posting a "what counts as water" thread.

Speaking of which, when I take a shower can I count that as 1 1/2 cups of water?! Surely I absorb some, right? :laugh:

LOVE THIS ^^^^^^ Laughing hysterically right now!!!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    I think MFP should give strikes to people who repeatedly log foods in the database in which the calories/fat/carbs/etc are absolutely and appear deliberately wrong!!! Seriously? Who does that benefit? NO ONE! It's a pain to dig through that database to find the RIGHT one....

I can't tell you how many erroneous entries I've found in there....
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    telling someone to space out their meals

posting about slimfast/beach body whatever as a 'coach'
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    posting recipes without calorie counts....
    Wait...I do that all the time!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    If you report someone just for vindictive purposes then you should be the one that gets a strike when a moderator reviews it. Might cut down on the insane amount of vengeful people around here. "Oh noes, you disagreed with my inane comments, time to get you banned!"
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    People who delete you as a friend because you haven't logged in for a week. Even after explaining that you didn't log in for a week because your computer died.

when i read the criteria some people have for their friends in their about me section, i wonder why anyone would want to be their friend. some of it seems pretty rude and judgey.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Water. Enough already. Drink it, or don't. :drinker:

Mean-spirited, sarcastic comments meant to make someone feel stupid. If you see a question about something already posted, just politely direct them to the correct thread. Don't get all "Gee, I guess you didn't see the OTHER four hundred posts on the same subject" on them. They are tender newbies. Give 'em a break. :bigsmile:

Trolling.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    this is dumb.
    What don't you like about it?
    trying to subtlety call people out? geez.
    Huh?

Did you have an answer for the OP, or did you just come in here to disagree with me?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member

I think they should at least limit the amount of reports you can make in a day. I think it would cut down on vindictive reporting.

People are like that on here? Cripes...easily offended babies? I've been on another forum since it opened in 2004 with people WAY meaner and offensive than anyone on here and I've never hit the report button. (i know..."good for you, bro"..lol)

It's pretty unbelievable. This is easily the most tame forum I've ever been on in the last 15+ years but somehow the people are the most sensitive at the same time. It's like "Internet forums for the weak" basically.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Anyone trying to sell the venus thingy
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    One strike for reporting something because you're butthurt.

Two strikes for reporting something because you're butthurt if you've previously told someone to get thicker skin.

Three strikes for reporting a topic that is "against the guidelines" if you've previously contributed to topics "against the guidelines".

this is dumb.

huh? i liked it!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    this is dumb.
    What don't you like about it?
    Huh?

Did you have an answer for the OP, or did you just come in here to disagree with me?

i am just stating my opinion on this answer...i am entitled to that right?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    The+_5f08652186d4f351587ecc60e70dbba8.jpg
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member

It's pretty unbelievable. This is easily the most tame forum I've ever been on in the last 15+ years but somehow the people are the most sensitive at the same time. It's like "Internet forums for the weak" basically.

lol...those sensitive ones wouldn't last a day over there.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    People asking for help then arguing with everyone that replies with helpful advice.

How often do you weigh yourself threads.

Anyone who insists they stuffed full and can't eat any more on less than 1200 calories a day.
  • You should get a strike for even using the forums to seek out sound answers.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    when you ask someone for a newd pic and they say no. They should toadally get a strike.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Oh thought of another one...Friend requests from total random people with no message. Why? Just why....
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    "I didn't read any other post but here is my opinion that isn't even based on anything relevent."
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Anyone who insists they stuffed full and can't eat any more on less than 1200 calories a day.

anyone who gives people grief for insisting that they are full on 1200 calories a day.