Things for which you wish MFP would give strikes...

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Threads seeking only Asian friends.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    people who have pictures of themselves with the duck face.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Posting a "which body is hotter" thread. They always turn into body-shaming and nasty comments about some body type or another.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Hey...I like those.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member

b952a2c2-5478-4bdd-bb9c-daaf47892c8a.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Any post which mentions Body by Vi, Beachbody/Shakeology, Advocare, Isagenix, ItWorks, or any of the other MLM scams.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Attention seeking posts

Posts that include the overuse of the following words: "like" as in like, I know, right?

Posts with simple grammar and spelling errors - only because I'm an English teacher

Posts that INSIST their latest diet fad or magic pill has worked for them and therefore they don't need to count calories or take anyone's healthy advice about exercising

Posts that glorify unhealthy eating habits

Posts that use a series of acronyms in which I don't have a clue what they mean (NSV, anyone?)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Any post which mentions Body by Vi, Beachbody/Shakeology, Advocare, Isagenix, ItWorks, or any of the other MLM scams.

This is very much what the mods should be paying attention to instead of the mindless repeated reporting of certain users.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Posts that include the overuse of the following words: "like" as in like, I know, right?

*shrug* i don't do that normally, just felt right in this thread.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Posts that use a series of acronyms in which I don't have a clue what they mean (NSV, anyone?)

Like, NSV totally stands for "non-scale victory" it means like when you're pants fall down when you're on a run because you've gotten soooo skinny, or like when you're husbant tells you your looking fine in your new skinny jeans. I also call that a PV (pants vicotry lol)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member

*shrug* i don't do that normally, just felt right in this thread.

IKR?

And was funny.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Stalking old members and reporting months old posts of theirs trying to get them a strike.

I know, I'm just bitter. I'll only whine about this like 5-17 more times before I get over it.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Saying anyone or anything is trying to sabotage you.

This is not World War II. You are not a munitions-loaded train.

i can't stand it... i know you planned it...

i see what you did there. ;)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    One strike for reporting something because you're butthurt.

Two strikes for reporting something because you're butthurt if you've previously told someone to get thicker skin.

Three strikes for reporting a topic that is "against the guidelines" if you've previously contributed to topics "against the guidelines".

this is dumb.

trying to subtlety call people out? geez.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    For older members being impatient with newer members and berating them instead of pointing them to the correct advice.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Saying anyone or anything is trying to sabotage you.

This is not World War II. You are not a munitions-loaded train.

hah. love it. not a munitions loaded train. that's good stuff
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member

I think they should at least limit the amount of reports you can make in a day. I think it would cut down on vindictive reporting.

People are like that on here? Cripes...easily offended babies? I've been on another forum since it opened in 2004 with people WAY meaner and offensive than anyone on here and I've never hit the report button. (i know..."good for you, bro"..lol)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    When someone comes into an epic debate thread on page 10 or higher and just simply and matter-of-factly answers the OP. That is unacceptable! Can't they see we're arguing here!

Sorry! I do this :blushing:

You should get a strike for mentioning the idea that there are 'cliques' on mfp.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    People who delete you as a friend because you haven't logged in for a week. Even after explaining that you didn't log in for a week because your computer died.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Starting "Why are people so mean" threads.

They're not being mean.

They're telling you something you don't want to hear.