When you see a guy with a really great physique...

Options

Replies

• jennajocummings
    Options
    OK, maybe "butthurt" wasn't the correct wording to use.

Here's what I have personally experienced... I spend time in the gym... I have been fat, and I have been thin, and now I am strong like bull and loving life... I talk to guys in the gym every day because I see them every day.... Most of them do not spend 4-5 hours a week in the gym to achieve their "perfect" bodies. I am shocked that you 3 only do... you must have hella genetics....

I laugh when I see the guys looking at themselves in the mirror all sexy-ified and all. It's hilarious...

Oh, and I don't consider spending 90 minutes a day x5 excessive. I am SURE most of that's spent doing cardio anyway.

I now stand corrected. I am thankful there are 3 guys out there who are meat heads but care more about others than themselves. =)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I wish he would ask me out.

You can't judge personality based on looks. Some of the biggest *kitten* are nothing to look at. A great body usually point to determination, goal oriented, and a hard worker. All good things to me.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Here's what I have personally experienced... I spend time in the gym... I have been fat, and I have been thin, and now I am strong like bull and loving life... I talk to guys in the gym every day because I see them every day.... Most of them do not spend 4-5 hours a week in the gym to achieve their "perfect" bodies. I am shocked that you 3 only do... you must have hella genetics....

I laugh when I see the guys looking at themselves in the mirror all sexy-ified and all. It's hilarious...

Oh, and I don't consider spending 90 minutes a day x5 excessive. I am SURE most of that's spent doing cardio anyway.

I now stand corrected. I am thankful there are 3 guys out there who are meat heads but care more about others than themselves. =)

So a guy.is a douche.because he's checking out the progress of his hard work in the mirror? You've never once looked in the mirror at yourself during a workout?
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When I see a body THAT full of muscles like the one in the pic, I think he would would spend more time working out than staying with me. I give to everyone the benefit of the doubt, but would not approach this person. If he would come to me (unlikely anyhow) I would be willing to start a friendship.
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think...good for him for wanting to take care of himself and his body!
  • redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ...do you automatically think "he must be an a-hole" or you don't judge?

When you have a body as awesome as I do, people tend to think I'm a stuck up a-hole until they get to know me and realize I'm a nice guy.

Love your pic! :laugh:
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Your say you work out 5 to 6 days a week too. Does that make you the female equivalent of a meathead, and any less capable of caring for others?????
  • Emma82much
    Options
    Call me stereotypical, but I love it when a guy has a really muscular body. Not bodybuilder muscle, just really brawny and manly. Rugby man! I guess those type of guys are stereotyped, but hey, their hot, they know it, they have the pick of the girls or boys, and if somebody wants to be bitter about that, just let them. They are probably self conscious and need to work on their self-esteem. Having said that, I wouldn't approach a guy like that because I am one those self conscious people and think they would not give me the time of day, and not even as a possible date, just as a person. But's that's my problem. Not theirs. :)
  • DreamofGenie2012
    DreamofGenie2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not a troll or bitter... Just being honest. Think about it... It takes several hours a day in the gym to have the "perfect" body.... That plus work, life etc... Leaves very little time to care about others. I lift heavy with the big boys at the gym. I see how they admire themselves in the mirror. I'm friendly with them as they are with me but as far as a relationship, no way. They are too consumed with themselves. Just my 2 cents. :)

It doesn't take several hours a day in a gym to have a "perfect body"

I know some a**holes that are a little pudgy too.

Some people just enjoy working out because it makes them feel better.

Others do it to improve at a sport.

Saying every man with muscles is self centered is like saying every woman with big boobs is a sl*t.

What he said. . .

BTW, my ex was significantly older than me, and quite physically unattractive (by 'media standards'), and was the most self centered person I've ever dated.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I get nervous and try not to look at him
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have alot of guy friends who have great bodies and most of them are the salt of the earth. :)
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way...very judgy and stuff...now....its lust lol I understand the hard work and dedication it takes now. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to take care of yourself and your body! does not make you an *kitten* hole or just another "meat" head.
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No. Honestly I only ever wonder what they eat.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No, I just imagine him working out and get all turned on. :happy: lol
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My bf has an amazing body... lifts weights daily.. ( my favorite passtime is watching him do pullups ohemgee i love it) and he likes me "thick" and is really against me losing any weight to be skinny. He says do it for health and my knee recovery but not to lose my curves or booty. I have always dated muscular men and it didn't matter that I was thinner or the weight I am now. Sexy is not about looks but being comfortable with who you are in the moment and projecting that outward. I never met a fit guy that was an *kitten*, the opposite actually. Shy, reserved with his own issues.
  • marylinemo
    Options
    Wow loads of jealousy in that thread... I don't see how someone who started to take care of his physique before you should be an idiot.

Why are you on MFP? Oh yeah, check your calories and macros to reach an improved health and body. When you get to that goal, will that make you an *kitten*?
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I stop and stare, wipe the drool from the mouth and giggle like a little girl....embarrassing, I know. It also depends on what you are doing when I see you. A ripped out guys doing normal daily tasks is super hot.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm not a troll or bitter... Just being honest. Think about it... It takes several hours a day in the gym to have the "perfect" body.... That plus work, life etc... Leaves very little time to care about others. I lift heavy with the big boys at the gym. I see how they admire themselves in the mirror. I'm friendly with them as they are with me but as far as a relationship, no way. They are too consumed with themselves. Just my 2 cents. :)

It doesn't take several hours a day in a gym to have a "perfect body"

I know some a**holes that are a little pudgy too.

Some people just enjoy working out because it makes them feel better.

Others do it to improve at a sport.

Saying every man with muscles is self centered is like saying every woman with big boobs is a sl*t.

I don't think I could have said this any better. I know when I reach my goal I am going to have some time invested in it and I don't want to be looked at like I'm a slut or worse just b/c I have a nice body. And I truly miss my big boobs, I've gone from a DD to a small C, so yeah I miss being that big boobed slut, lol. But I would look long enough to appreciate the view.