When you see a guy with a really great physique...

Options

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I get a boner

LMFAO...that's why i never wear sweatpants to the gym

Sweatpants on the treadmill behind the girl on the stepper is just embarrassing but much like a train wreck, you just can't stop staring!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Sexy is not about looks but being comfortable with who you are in the moment and projecting that outward.

perfect!
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Let me just say this... I have volunteered at an emergency shelter for abused/abandoned children for the past 7 years and have adopted 8 children from there and I have yet to meet a man who volunteers there that's a fitness junkie... Is it possible that there's a man who is super fit, and cares about others more than himself?? Sure... I have just never met him. I think its funny how,all these women jump on board and call me jealous, insecure etc... And I think I threw up a little in my mouth when that girl said her favorite past time is watching her bf do chin up's... LOL... Yet, I'm insecure?? Haaaaaaaa
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm not a troll or bitter... Just being honest. Think about it... It takes several hours a day in the gym to have the "perfect" body.... That plus work, life etc... Leaves very little time to care about others. I lift heavy with the big boys at the gym. I see how they admire themselves in the mirror. I'm friendly with them as they are with me but as far as a relationship, no way. They are too consumed with themselves. Just my 2 cents. :)

I'm always shocked at how judgemental people can be about others. Here's a shocker for ya.....you're wrong! Not only have I chatted with several people on MFP that prove your theory wrong, I've met people in person that further prove you your theory to be ridiculous. As recently as last weekend, I was at an engagement party for a new friend that is a personal trainer. Naturally, many of the folks at the party were very fit and quite musled up. I spoke to no less than four of these gentleman and they were intelligent and attentive to me, their wives and their children. I think you need to broaden your horizons.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Oh, if that guy is out there I would love to meet him... Just sayn. :)
  • Deliriant
    Options
    Well to be honest I don't think I'm" thinking" Anything at all...except "abs". ._.
    Lol
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    ......A ripped out guys doing normal daily tasks is super hot.

Is this a fetish? I shall start a website and make my millions.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    . And I think I threw up a little in my mouth when that girl said her favorite past time is watching her bf do chin up's... LOL... Yet, I'm insecure?? Haaaaaaaa

Sorry that caused you to throw up, You should probably get that checked out. My bf is 43 yrs old and looks amazing. Kind hearted and down to earth. Not all muscular men are divas. There really is nothing sexier than watching a man work out and getting all sweaty, especially when he's mine. I love when he works on my car too. Something about getting all dirty and greasy is just hot.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think that the guy has a ton of discipline, or is an athlete... Also I think diff people have diff ideas of what a great physique is... some people like the look of a swimmer, others a bigger bodybuilder type.
    I also think there is more unspoken pressure on men these days to have great physiques.
    I know for myself it's not just physique in itself, it's strength, some flexibility(when I used to do yoga I loved how loose I felt) and quickness, heart health. But sure who doesn't like to look good on the beach?

While it's true some people just have a great metabolism usually if someone has a great physique some work has been put into it, whether anyone views it as shallow or not, most people put in a good amount of consistent work/exercise/strength training etc.. to get results like that.

I think it's important for people to be able to enjoy their own small triumphs with their own fitness journey - meaning as long as that physique doesn't become the "standard" for which we can't be happy unless we look like that.

I may not look like that but I'm pretty happy with my progress and I feel the difference.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I see a guy with a great body, a lot of things run through my head. First, I'm like "damn, that's hot." Then, I go through stages of lust and self-slamming. I tell myself that hot guys like that don't go for girls like me. Which in turn pisses me off and turns the hot guy into an *kitten* just because he has a great body.

It's messed up, I know.

That's brilliant.
    And the truth of it
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh, if that guy is out there I would love to meet him... Just sayn. :)

Your description of yourself in your profile speaks volumes:

"OK, I am going to be real here... I am a little vain. Not high maintenance... actually the exact opposite, but I love the confidence I have walking into a room when I am strong and in shape, and yes, I like the looks. I know that sounds AWFUL! but honest."

Seems to me based on what you say about yourself, you are seriously stuck on your own damn self and crave attention so obviously you won't see the potential in someone that you assume to be stuck on themselves. You want all eyes on you while your man takes a back seat.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    There's a HUGE difference between enjoying something, and it being your favorite pastime.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Yes, honesty speaks volumes. Being strong and fit makes me feel good, as I'm sure it does to everyone... It however is not my main focus. I also have adopted a son in a wheelchair and when he's 150 lbs I will still need to be able to lift him. I have many reasons why I lift. If I ever had to have a man's activities become my "favorite pastime" I would realize my own insecurities. I don't need to be the center of attention however I don't need a man to complete me either. I have the right balance.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    On mfp I read the forums on my phone, so I zoom in on the text and don't see the profile pics until later, so my first impression is of each member's mind. When I zoom out to find who said such clever things and find it's someone in great shape, that's an added bonus.

In real life I don't tend to knowingly meet very muscular people. I have one colleague who's into bodybuilding and I chat with him about his diet occasionally. He's not an @hole, although we share very different politics, which might mean we should avoid certain conversations as my respect for him might dwindle rather rapidly... But this has nothing to do with his physique.

In real life I can only remember seeing super muscly guys once. There were a group of them with huge shoulders and chests and all I wondered was what they did for a living to have time to work out so much when they were also quite obviously wealthy. So more curiosity than judgment, I think...
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing to do is define "really great physique".

Personally I do not find your body attractive, but for me when I see a very attractive man, it can go both ways, simply because not all "good looking" people are *kitten*, nor are they saints.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I just think "wow, impressive" and can't wait for the day someone looks at me and thinks the same!
    This!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    When I see a guy or any guy with a really great physique I stand there with my mouth hanging wide open with little drops of drool coming out of the corners staring a hole right through them thinking "Good God why can't I have something like that." Ah men are my weakness.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Let me just say this... I have volunteered at an emergency shelter for abused/abandoned children for the past 7 years and have adopted 8 children from there and I have yet to meet a man who volunteers there that's a fitness junkie... Is it possible that there's a man who is super fit, and cares about others more than himself?? Sure... I have just never met him. I think its funny how,all these women jump on board and call me jealous, insecure etc... And I think I threw up a little in my mouth when that girl said her favorite past time is watching her bf do chin up's... LOL... Yet, I'm insecure?? Haaaaaaaa

i don't think you're jealous or insecure....you just have a preconceived notion of well built guys due to what you've experienced....so you come off closed minded with your replies here...that's all. It's the way you feel. Most of the folks in this thread just don't happen to agree with how you feel..that's all.

You come off sounding like you think you're right and its not just an opinion. Like they way you say you threw up in your mouth a little bit at the other woman that loves watching her bf to chin ups. Ok, you don't think its hot but you sound like a c-unit with your "LOL I threw up in my mouth a little"

You sound like a joy to hang with or date being so critical of people...but who cares what I think :)
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Try to stare without him catching me. Sometimes my jaw drops and I start fantasizing, buth then I go back ot reality.

But that doesn't happen often because my gym is filled with mostly old men, women and middle school boys.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for a man that cares enough about himself to take care of his body. I take care of mine.