Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    some people just piss me off so much. I have been asked If I cut out pasta bread and meat I have also been asked If my snack ( baby carrots and grapes) are my dinner but the biggest shocker that I have been asked was If I was bulimic. Some people are just so stupid they think someone can only lose weight if they starve them selves or throw it up.
  • carlytenney
    carlytenney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think that the strangest comment is the "non" comment. Everyone has noticed that I lost 28lbs. Not one comment from my husband. My parents even commented in front of him and still no comment. Nothing. My daughter even said mom you have to start buying pants that fit lol. Still not a word. Strange....
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My mom told me this week, that I shouldn't lose more weight. I'm to skinny, and it's stupid to want to weigh the same weight as when I was twelve. Then she added that she doesn't like it when I'm skinny.
    These comments really hurt me, because I know, she is jealous on the one hand, because she never achieved permanent weight loss with her crash diets. She always told me as a teenager, that I look just fine, but kept buying me XL sized clothes, and M for herself, even I was smaller than her. Part of the truth is, that I'm still 6 pounds away from finally getting back to the healthy weight range after 6 years. So I'm really not skinny.

My dad is the other one. "Oh, you lost 30 pounds, good for you. But you shouldn't stop yet."

I wished they would just stop commenting. I know what I want, and I know where I am at currently with my weight.

Good luck. Don't let them get you down:).
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A very lovely friend, who I'd met earlier in the day for a couple of hours, then gone home and got changed from a checked shirt and black jeans to a black top with cutout shoulders (excellent idea by the way, hides the bingo wings but shows the shoulder muscles and newly emerging collarbone) and black jeans, and gone to meet him and some other mates -

- really loudly - in front of the entire pub and another friend -

'Who is this Foxy Lady? And she's coming here to meet me!'

Followed by a big hug.

And then, another friend, who I haven't seen for a couple of months, came in and said 'you're looking very sexy today'.

Is there some sort of conspiracy going on to comment upon my figure and appearance, when they hardly ever mention it normally?

Not that I'm complaining, of course...
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well so far most family friends are surprised to know I lost 27 lbs and that I had it to lose to begin with and I still have 15 to go, they are like raelly you never looked that big and you must now how to dress, well yes I do and yes I weighed that much before, Im sort of glad they never told me I was fat though ,but geeze 27 lbs off my 4ft 10 in body is quiet a bit in fact 3 dress sizes so far ,and 2 pants sizes .Im very pleased with my progress so far.

20 lbs on a taller person average woman's height doesn't look like that much compared to 20lbs on my petite self. My husband gained 10 lbs and I didn't even notice of course he lost it again quickly because of his job lucky him he is 5ft 11in. so a foot taller than me :)
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My boss told me I looked gaunt and was worried about me. He was serious.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    What's with all the people saying "don't lose any more weight"?!!!!
    They all want us to stay fat?!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I haven't really gotten comments about what I have lost. However, the comment I do get when people find out I am watching what I eat, counting calories, and working out is "Why? Your already skinny!" I don't realize consider myself skinny more along the lines of average. There are also other reasons to do it. I want to get in shape! I want to feel good about myself and not self-conscious about certain areas. As I am nearing my mid-30s I am realizing I need to eat better and get in shape. With heart disease and high cholesterol on both sides of my family and diabetes on one side, I need to get in better shape so I can (hopefully) avoid all that. That is WHY I am doing this!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    My little sister was getting rid of some clothes and she had a men's size small tshirt that I asked if I could keep because i like it and it would be awesome to be able to have it as an inspiration item. (currently in a tightish size medium at 185 lbs with goal of 130-140)

my boyfriend's response: "if you get to the point where you can comfortably wear a small tshirt, i probably wont be attracted to you anymore. that would be too skinny."

well then i guess ill find someone who is attracted to me??
    yes, he is not worth your time.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I work for Walmart as overnight Cashier. A lot of my customers are noticing a change in my appearance. And they are actually telling me to keep it up.
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One of my patient that I haven't seen for about 9 months said to me yesterday: "......you look different; you got pretty."
    I was so happy about her comment, then I thought to myself..."was I ugly before or something?!

Still happy tho' :)
  • bkciddir
    bkciddir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My bf constantly is saying that I'm going to find another man.
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    My mom told me this week, that I shouldn't lose more weight. I'm to skinny, and it's stupid to want to weigh the same weight as when I was twelve. Then she added that she doesn't like it when I'm skinny.
    These comments really hurt me, because I know, she is jealous on the one hand, because she never achieved permanent weight loss with her crash diets. She always told me as a teenager, that I look just fine, but kept buying me XL sized clothes, and M for herself, even I was smaller than her. Part of the truth is, that I'm still 6 pounds away from finally getting back to the healthy weight range after 6 years. So I'm really not skinny.

My dad is the other one. "Oh, you lost 30 pounds, good for you. But you shouldn't stop yet."

I wished they would just stop commenting. I know what I want, and I know where I am at currently with my weight.

My mom does things like this to me too! Ill tell her what size I wear
    And she will buy me a size or two bigger. And I never where was she buys
    Me because its to big and then she gets mad. And if I even talk about my weight loss
    Or ask her if I look any better. She will roll her eyes shoot me a look
    A change the subject. Or if I tell her I can't eat Somthing she'll roll her eyes and make
    A snooty comment like its not healthy to not eat. ( I eat just not THAT!)
    It's like since she's fat she wants me to be too.... It's reduculousness!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    "Are you sick? You used to look a lot stronger."
  • vgarcia1986
    Options
    when I use to come around relatives, they would tell me how everytime they saw a "FAT GIRL" they'd say & laugh "OUGH LOOK THERE GOES VALE" :huh:

***kitten*!!! how was that even FUNNY!!! :mad:

Or how ABOUT!! "Well that's just the way your body is !! if your FAT its becuase thats how you were sopose to be! REALLY!! and you went to school where??

:angry: :noway:
    bump
  • vgarcia1986
    Options
    some people just piss me off so much. I have been asked If I cut out pasta bread and meat I have also been asked If my snack ( baby carrots and grapes) are my dinner but the biggest shocker that I have been asked was If I was bulimic. Some people are just so stupid they think someone can only lose weight if they starve them selves or throw it up.

RIGHT!!!
  • heartworth9
    heartworth9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    She is likely jealous. Don't take her comment seriously. What she thinks of you is none of your business. That is what I tell others who cross my personal boundaries like that. I tell them to keep their comments to themselves unless they want to be fair game too.

Good job with your weight loss.
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I went to choir practice the other day and one of the younger girls walks over to me and whilst poking me in the guts says..

"You're... so... thin!"

Thanks for the compliment,but did you really have to poke the area of fat that i just cant shift? It made me smile anyway.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not this time around but many many years ago I lost a lot of weight because of a job requiring lots of physical activity.
    Well in one day from family and friends I heard
    Are you dying?
    Are u sick ?
    And the worst one I got was
    Do u have aids?

Who understands them, I gain a few pound and I am fat, I lose a few lbs and I am sick
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Friend: Why are you selling your clothes? They're too small for you?
    Me: ... I'm selling my clothes to make some extra money, and plus I don't wear them anymore...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!