Strange weight loss comments...

Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    know most of the people that are telling you that are secretly wishing they can be doing the same they just won't admit it. don't worry about any of that stuff stay focused on your goals don't let anyone mess that up just shrug it off and say thanks.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My sister told me that I am NOT supposed to be smaller than her. Nobody told me that rule!

Worse is my friend who reminded me that MY boobs used to weigh something. I'm a breast cancer survivor who had to have a double mastectomy...WHAT?!?!

OMG WTF. <3 well done on beating breast cancer. You are a fighter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My mom and 2 of my friends keep saying my bum is now flat and/or I have no bum. I am a pear shape and DEFINITELY have huge hips and bum even with weight loss. No, my rear end doesn't stick out as far in a pair of jeans or make my shirts ride up in the back now. But it's not flat or small!! Not even close.

My fiance who likes big butts and cannot lie: "Your legs and belly are getting smaller which just makes your bum look bigger and rounder! WTF are they talking about!?" Love that man ;-)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    'wow you must've been REALLY big then'.... :frown:
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think you have to take the comments with the intent they were given. Some people may be trying to compliment, but it comes out wrong. Be grateful they are trying to be supportive. Others are trying to hurt or are jealous. Those you can be angry at!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any rude comments, but I do agree with a previous poster who stated that a lot of people don't mean to be rude, they are just awkward or uncomfortable because they obviously notice a difference and aren't sure what to say. My problem actually is that I've always carried my weight well and literally no one believes that I've lost as much weight as I have. They know that I've lost A LOT of weight and completely transformed my body, they just don't believe that I was heavy enough to lose 110 pounds. This is especially humorous when I tell them I want to lose another 20 lol. It's a blessing and a curse.

A HA! I just remembered a very painful awkward conversation with my aunt! Can't believe I had forgotten this. I guess I was blocking it out LOL! So, I see my aunt for the first time in about six months, the difference between me having lost about 40 pounds to me having lost about 100 pounds. She makes SEVERAL objectionable comments; a.) "when (my uncle) mike mentioned at (another aunt) jeanna's wedding that you had lost so much weight I really couldn't see it but now I can." OKAY, I had lost 40 pounds, everyone could see it, but okay whatever. b.) she made me take off my shirt (had a tank top underneath) so she could see me better because I shouldn't be "hiding my body anymore"! UMM I'm not hiding my body but we were still getting snow in March and I don't run around in just tank tops in snow... c.) "do you think you've lost too much now? I can see your collar bones and your ribs"! NO! I have always had a large bone structure, you could see my collar bones and ribs when I was younger (in shape) too. d.) "oh but what's this?" (squeezing my little fat roll on my belly) ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! Please don't ever touch me again! LOL! Not cool! e.) asks my mom a few days later if I'm anorexic and/or if I'm eating enough. MY LITTLE FAT ROLL says that I'm eating plenty! LOL. (p.s. I eat about 2000 calories/day so obviously this is not a real issue). f.) also tells my mom that my face has gotten too skinny and that I was prettier when I had a little more roundness in my face. SUCK IT!! Look at my profile pic, my "before" face is definitely NOT more attractive!!! Wow that feels good to get out. Great post OP, I guess I was really bottling that up inside LOL!

Things that no one should ever tell/ask a "dieter"/someone who's losing weight:
    -are you allowed to eat that?
    -are you cheating on your diet?
    -are you going to eat all of that?
    -is that all your going to eat?
    -what diet are you on?
    -are you sick?
    -do you have an eating disorder?
    -you looked better when you were bigger
    -you shouldn't lose any more weight
    -don't lift weights or you'll get bulky (HAD to throw this one in!!!)
    -can't you just skip this one workout?
    -do you really have to workout today/every day/all the time? (YES, because it helps me burn off my frustration from idiots like you that ask me silly questions/make ridiculous comments...lol)
    ***unless someone has shown clear examples of having distorted perception of their own bodies, we clearly know ourselves and our bodies best, let us handle our diets (noun vs verb) and our exercise routines. K? Thanks.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I notice a lot about the "non comments". I have experienced this too. I've lost 26 lb since the end of March but since 2008 I've lost about 70 lb. My dad and stepmom have not commented at ALL and don't say anything even when other members of the extended family, or acquaintances, make "OMG You look great, you've lost a lot of weight" comments right in front of them. I don't get it.

My dad was always pretty overweight, and a big 6'4" guy...but now he's lost a lot of weight himself from walking for his health. I would think that he of all people would comment favorably about my weight loss but he never does. The other day I made a comment about selling my clothes that were too big and still nothing. We go to lunch once a week together and 2 yrs ago we were eating chicken fried steak...now it's veggie flatbread or sharing a piece of fish and he still has never commented!
  • AoifeJGB
    AoifeJGB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I notice a lot about the "non comments". I have experienced this too. I've lost 26 lb since the end of March but since 2008 I've lost about 70 lb. My dad and stepmom have not commented at ALL and don't say anything even when other members of the extended family, or acquaintances, make "OMG You look great, you've lost a lot of weight" comments right in front of them. I don't get it.

My dad was always pretty overweight, and a big 6'4" guy...but now he's lost a lot of weight himself from walking for his health. I would think that he of all people would comment favorably about my weight loss but he never does. The other day I made a comment about selling my clothes that were too big and still nothing. We go to lunch once a week together and 2 yrs ago we were eating chicken fried steak...now it's veggie flatbread or sharing a piece of fish and he still has never commented!

Dads find it awkward. Maybe he's afraid he will hurt your feelings if he noticed you were bigger, or maybe he's just oblivious (some people are)? It killed my dad to see me at 262lb but he never mentioned it. Now I've lost 70lb and he'll tell me I look great, but only at the prompting of my mother. Ask your Dad what he thinks. Great job by the way - we rock! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!