Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I lost 10 pounds. I was clothing shopping with my mom and she told the cashier I'd recently lost 10 lbs. The cashier's response was, "Wow! You must have been really big."

What a rude cashier.

She was young and I believe she meant to say that was a big loss and I did well, but it came out way wrong.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My husband was standing near me at a weigh in and saw the number. He called me "skinny *****". This is the man who is kind and loving, never mean. - I was floored! He may be a little envious. He likes Doritos. A lot....And I was fat for like forever. The new me stunned him!
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My little sister was getting rid of some clothes and she had a men's size small tshirt that I asked if I could keep because i like it and it would be awesome to be able to have it as an inspiration item. (currently in a tightish size medium at 185 lbs with goal of 130-140)

my boyfriend's response: "if you get to the point where you can comfortably wear a small tshirt, i probably wont be attracted to you anymore. that would be too skinny."

well then i guess ill find someone who is attracted to me??

OMG.. you bet! My husband even now tells me no matter what I weigh I am beautiful to him but I know he will be just as happy when I lose it... lol

Your husband is like my bf...I feel so fortunate to have a guy who loves me whatever size I am. Partly, it's that he loves me for who I am and, let's face it, my boobs are never going away. He has expressed concern that I might lose my curves and I can't imagine that will happen. This morning, he saw me in one of my new outfits (aka clothes that actually fit perfectly) and was like, "you're getting skinny!" with very happy eyes :-) I'm wearing a size 18w pant and XL top. I have a pair of 16w pants and still need a 20 at times. I'm not skinny, but I'm getting there :-)

He initially asked me out based on my appearance when I weighed more than I do now.
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    :)
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    In 2011 my husband and I had both lost a lot of weight. At that time I was down about 80 lbs, unfortunately I put some back on but it's coming back off now, and he was down about 70. This friend of ours saw him and was just gushing over how good he looked. Then she looked at me and got a sour look on her face, looked down at my new shoes and said "oh those are nice shoe". I thought to myself WTF? The strange thing is we have had that happen with a few others just minus the shoe comment. They will gush over him and just ignore me. My husband will point out my weight loss and they just tune it out.
  • Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My little sister was getting rid of some clothes and she had a men's size small tshirt that I asked if I could keep because i like it and it would be awesome to be able to have it as an inspiration item. (currently in a tightish size medium at 185 lbs with goal of 130-140)

my boyfriend's response: "if you get to the point where you can comfortably wear a small tshirt, i probably wont be attracted to you anymore. that would be too skinny."

well then i guess ill find someone who is attracted to me??

WOW. Just wow.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I had someone a few weeks ago tell me to eat a cheeseburger.
  • mpoquiz22
    mpoquiz22 Posts: 2
    Options
    mwahahaha:)
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    From my very own sister: "What size are you now...like a size ZERO?" I just looked at her and shook my head.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    There's an old man where I work, and he's a little on the thick side, and I love talking to him and we usually hug if we're walking past each other.

The other day when he hugged he said to me, "If you get any smaller there won't be anything left to hug!"

It made me really happy.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The first weirdest comment and action I've gotten in months is "Your stomach has kinda gotten huge, right?" and the person proceeds to pat my stomach. I was like WTH man lol. I had to explain it was just the elastic on my gown bunching up.
  • alsuna
    alsuna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My mom told me this week, that I shouldn't lose more weight. I'm to skinny, and it's stupid to want to weigh the same weight as when I was twelve. Then she added that she doesn't like it when I'm skinny.
    These comments really hurt me, because I know, she is jealous on the one hand, because she never achieved permanent weight loss with her crash diets. She always told me as a teenager, that I look just fine, but kept buying me XL sized clothes, and M for herself, even I was smaller than her. Part of the truth is, that I'm still 6 pounds away from finally getting back to the healthy weight range after 6 years. So I'm really not skinny.

My dad is the other one. "Oh, you lost 30 pounds, good for you. But you shouldn't stop yet."

I wished they would just stop commenting. I know what I want, and I know where I am at currently with my weight.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    When I brought a gram scale for our kitchen at work and started weighing everything, I had lots of comments from one coworker about "starving myself" and being on a "starvation diet".

To which I laughed. I hardly call 2000 cals a day (avg) "starving".

Also at work: once I got into the lower 170's (I started at 250+, as a short guy 5'4"), I was asked "You're not sick or anything are you?". Look at my profile pics. Do I LOOK sickly? Hardly.
  • Jenniferanne6
    Jenniferanne6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Several years (and diets) ago I received this comment from a well-meaning co-worker:

"Honey, don't lose any more weight. Only a dog wants a bone."

Since I was barely in an acceptable weight range, I thought this was hilarious.
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Mine was the same as th OP's, my parents! Namely my father, he said "you have no boobs left, you know men like girls with curves".
    I went home and cried. :sad:
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You know sometimes it's best for people to just say you look good and leave it at that or just keep their damn mouths shut.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    "Are you on drugs?" - Dad
    "SYD NOOOO DON'T EAT THE PASTRIES!!!: - My friend
    "Hey you fit in my pants now" - Mom
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My grandpa told me that I look so skinny he hardly recognized me. Which was a good compliment! Then he said in front of my family how I used to be on the "see food diet... see food, eat food!"

It made me laugh, but I didn't realize he had even noticed my habits or weight before.

The same night my cousin told me how great I look and told me to keep doing what I'm doing, but she'll keep doing what she's doing cuz she loves food too much.

They don't realize that I am in no way deprived and eat around 2100 calories a day to maintain/build muscle!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!