Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I ran into my cousin, who I hadn't seen in about 6 months at the mall. After exchanging hugs, she says " wow, you look ... (looks me up and down, long pause)...good" like she was totally surprised that I could even look good, lol. Granted I've been overweight my who life and had lost about 70pounds since she lasts saw me and I did look GOOD but the delivery was just too funny. I still laugh about it
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sometime in the last year, I ran into a friend who'd lost weight. I hadn't seen her in ages and knew she was at least sort of trying to lose weight. She wasn't really "fat" but stocky athletic. She was positively healthy thin and I totally didn't recognize her. I swear my jaw dropped and she loved it! Later I told her she didn't look as athletic...she took it as the compliment it was and said "and now I'm even more athletic" to which I said, 'I'll bet you are". She even looked taller!
  • _chrysanthe_
    Options
    I was congratulated a few weeks ago. Puzzled I asked 'for what' - BOY was the client ever embarrassed. I wasn't though. Just means I have to step it up and get rid of the extra pounds!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my brother looked at me & said "Man, you look like you're on coke."

Errrr, thanks?
  • TLWallperson
    Options
    I think the worst reaction I 've gotten is losing a lot of weight and no one notices...this has happened a couple of times. And to make it even worse is having someone else get complimented for losing only a few pounds.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I think the worst reaction I 've gotten is losing a lot of weight and no one notices...this has happened a couple of times. And to make it even worse is having someone else get complimented for losing only a few pounds.

Ya, I'll go a few weeks without seeing a friend, or acquaintance, lose like 10 pounds) and no one will compliment me on it, or even mention it at all. It's like, I've lost nearly 30 pounds! Somebody say something!
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've been told by a few people now that I'm getting too thin and looking anorexic!! I'm in a healthy range, it's just my boobs haven't shrunk at all this time so my waist looks smaller.

Actually, someone from work (who I trust and confide in a lot, and knows I used to have a self harm issue) who I've been talking to about a recent bout of depression which has affected my appetite said my weight loss is out of control, I'm developing a problem and if I don't get help, they'll tell my manager and I'll be taken off shifts. I still don't know if they were joking. :noway: :huh:
  • Beckiet82
    Beckiet82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

This! Family that hasn't seen me in years, old friends...I lose 60lbs and they do not notice at all. Maybe they do but don't want to mention it, who knows...but it certainly isn't the best feeling!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to JOIN a post like this... right now I'm at 12 lbs lost and my husband keeps saying, "Your *kitten* is disappearing." GOOOOOOOOOD. It won't completely disappear, trust me folks.

Omg this! I mentioned to my SO that I was losing inches around my hips really nicely and she was all "But I like your *kitten*!" Yeah darling, the *kitten* isn't going anywhere.

And of course, my darling mother ~ "I think you look great now. You don't need to lose more. What's your weight?" ... I tell her, and she promptly goes "Oh, wow that's pretty high. That's way more than I'd thought." ... Yay. Thanks mum.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

This! Family that hasn't seen me in years, old friends...I lose 60lbs and they do not notice at all. Maybe they do but don't want to mention it, who knows...but it certainly isn't the best feeling!

Yep, this happens to me. Doesn't help that I work with all males who never notice anything. Friends and family are also pretty sparing with their comments... even though I've lost over 55 pounds.

Jerks!
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people notice iv lost weight and are like " wow that's great... now are you gonna keep it off?" o_O uummm yeaa that's the plan any ways

I've had one person say this and TBH, I actually found it a little offensive at the time! The lady was a bit of a weirdo though :P
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had lost 25 lbs. and one day I wore a new top. The ditzy receptionist at our office said "Wow, you look skinny in that outfit, you should wear it everyday!"

Uh....thanks? :grumble:
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    not so much a comment as a lack thereof :)

Walked into an office of someone who later told me he recognised the face but did not know it was me.
  • kplitvin
    kplitvin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love these! Congratulations to each and every one of you!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".

WTF!!!!!!!!!! :noway:
  • angelamcmillan2008
    Options
    i have stumbled across baking soda for weight loss.in 3 weeks i have lost 15 pounds.from 298 to 283.i use 1 teaspoon in a glass of water once a day for 3 days then i let my body rest 2 days.i have figured out acidic food is what makes us fat.baking soda changes your ph balance.but you have to be careful as you dont want to change your blood ph just the rest of your body.you also have to take potassium as it pulls it out of you.i feel good.right now i am on my 2days off.i am really excited about it.i havent had weight loss surgery yet suppose to in a few weeks.waiting on insurance.but my doctor said it was fine just dont do it after surgery.i wont then i will do lemons and water to help with those stalls.as the weight loss foods are very acidic.now not baking powder.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    My dentist (of all people) was VERY impressed with my weight loss. Her initial response was, "You look like a teenager! Not that you looked old before, but you looked like a mom."

Really it was a compliment, and I took it that way but I still think that's a weird thing to say. What does a mom look like?

...Fat, I guess?

And who want's to look like a teenager!? I sure don't!
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love those moments when you realize something good is happening because everyone around you is opening doors, asking you for directions, smiling and telling jokes for you. It's a good feeling & I've had a lot of that this week. Thanks MFP.:smile:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    When my mother saw me the first time after losing about 65-70 pounds she told me I looked like an AIDS patient. Thanks mom!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!