Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• traceyleighgirl
    traceyleighgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This was a while back, but my manager (who was later let go!) congratulated me on weight loss while I was eating on break..Then she promptly told me how she lost 30 pounds but then gained it all back after she got tired of eating "rabbit food" while looking at what I was eating. Totally rude. I don't eat like a rabbit, by the way...I eat a bit of everything!
    I wanted to tell her she gained it back because she treated it like a "diet". Worst possible thing!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    "Your face is looking so thin, what are you doing, drugs?" Was disappointed when I said diet and exercise ;P

"You look so much better now, wow, nice.." I thought I wasn't too bad in the past....
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    About 4 years ago I lost 20 pounds (they are back now!). This guys told me..."you look sick, you should go see a Dr...I have this friend that started to lose weight too fast and she went to the Dr. and found out she has AIDS" (no kidding!). I will never forget his words. Ridiculous.
    I got something like this too! I've lost about 90 lbs so far, but am still about 50-60lbs away from a nice healthy weight. So a customer at the store where I work says. "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! Have you been to see a doctor."
    Me: "No, it's deliberate, I've been trying to lose weight."
    Customer: "What have you been doing?"
    Me; "Just eating healthy and exercising."
    Customer: (now looking very concerned). "But THAT doesn't work. You really should go see a doctor.":noway: :laugh:
  • hannahhotchkiss
    hannahhotchkiss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to get "You have such a pretty face" all the time. It was sort of a backhanded compliment bc they mean, well, you're cute but, fat. Now I get "you always had such a pretty face" implying that the rest of me is finally catching up. Weird, sort of nice, but sort of insulting...
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    i have stumbled across baking soda for weight loss.in 3 weeks i have lost 15 pounds.from 298 to 283.i use 1 teaspoon in a glass of water once a day for 3 days then i let my body rest 2 days.i have figured out acidic food is what makes us fat.baking soda changes your ph balance.but you have to be careful as you dont want to change your blood ph just the rest of your body.you also have to take potassium as it pulls it out of you.i feel good.right now i am on my 2days off.i am really excited about it.i havent had weight loss surgery yet suppose to in a few weeks.waiting on insurance.but my doctor said it was fine just dont do it after surgery.i wont then i will do lemons and water to help with those stalls.as the weight loss foods are very acidic.now not baking powder.

... what?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I believe one of My Favorite Comments came from a woman I had not seen in Several Years. I ran into her in the Entry of Wal-Mart. She was Very Excited and was going On & On about how Good I looked. We had been standing there talking for several minutes when My Husband joined us. My Friend turned to my Husband and exclaimed "Have You SEEN Your Wife?!"
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    that im wasting away lol i wish
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Me: "Hey mom, I can fit into old jeans again."
    Mom: "Yea... and how old is that shirt?"
    :noway: All the backhanded stuff comes from my mom.

Best friend: "You're looking good. Where can we have dinner that works with your diet?"
    Me: "I can eat anywhere, its a life change not a diet"
    BF: "Thats great"
    :flowerforyou: She knew/knows I'm working on it and is proud of what I've accomplished so far.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I *wish* I'd said "You were way hotter before you started talking!" :laugh: but in real life I just looked shocked and said "Really?!"

Best response ever! (Such a shame you didn't get to make it). In fact I think it could be used in all sorts of situations.
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I get lots and lots of strange comments ranging from..I don't even recognize you or WOW you are shrinking you better stop.
    The weirdest though was "I don't even recognize you, well I recognize you when you are sitting down but not when you are standing up"......ummmmmmmm
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I was in the garage standing in front of the washer throwing laundry in it and my husband was in the garage working and he said "hey, have you lost a ton of weight? Your butt looks smaller."

Years ago my brother in law approached me at a family gathering and said "hey, you've put on weight."

NICE
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    LOL...
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    A lovely friend that I hadn't seen since before I started, visited for a catch up and when I opened the door she started crying! and as we were hugging she was shaking like a leaf saying: OMG ! OMG !
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I lost a ton of weight a few years back and colleague asked me if I had a crack cocaine problem..... random!!
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My wife - I miss your Buddah belly!!

My youngest son - holy crap! I can put my arms around you!!!!

My grandson - where's your big belly?

My neighbor - After seeing the Roto-Rooter truck, now I know how you lost all of your weight!!!!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    lol I love these stories! I wonder if I'll get any strange comments when I get to my goal.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a customer ask if I had that surgery (I assume Gastric) & I just looked at them with a weird look on my face. They then asked did you? I said no & laughed. They're nice, so it's all good.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The best was my 13 year old daughter saying, "Mom, don't take this wrong but do you know how far you have come?" Me - "what?" "Now, don't get offended but I was looking at some old pix and you have lost alot of weight!" Now why would that offend me!? It tickled me to DEATH!!! I am doing this to be a better role model for my kids! Glad they are noticing!

:smooched:
  • sndiaz
    sndiaz Posts: 3
    Options
    RUDE!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!