mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "you need to be really careful....you're getting older, you know..."
    from my mom, when I told her I had lost 5 pounds hiking
    gotta love mama!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    On another note, I mentioned to my boyfriend that I had lost a few inches in my hips. He said, "No one ever wrote a song about liking small butts." Yeah, but they write a lot of breakup songs . . . .

OMG!!! I had to wipe my eyes on this one!!! Best comeback eva!!!
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

Good answer. I'm going to remember to use it. Thanks!!!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    About the "too thin" comment. I HATE that one! If I'm within the weight range for my height and age, I'm not too thin.

I have had that despite being a BMI of 27. I am ignoring it as I feel I will look best with just another 5 pounds to go and that will be 26 BMI. I do admit that my arms to look thinner than what I would like.

I saw someone walk past who I haven't seen for about 5 years and she didn't know who I was when I said hello. I didn't use her name so probably should have. I was around 150 pounds heavier back then. Must have thought I was some sort of weirdo talking to strangers. :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    25 or less is a healthy BMI so right to headon down....

My husband keeps referring to my target weight as my "decree nisi weight". I point out that I wouldn't waste that much money on a solicitor when there are clothes and shoes which will add to the fabulosity of my slimline figure.:wink:
  • OroroMunroe
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

AWESOME! I will have to remember that one!
  • zengurl72
    zengurl72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "You've lost weight...it suits you"

yeah like its a hairstyle!!! I felt like saying "really? well chubby was so 2009"

LMAO
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always find it unusual when people say "You've lost so much weight already, you don't need to lose another 3 stone (42lb)". Well, according to my dress size and BMI I do!
  • zengurl72
    zengurl72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a pharmacy that is now next door to the xray/us clinic I work in, so a lot of the customers will recognize me. A client who hadn't seem me for maybe over a year, asked me if my fat sister worked next door at the pharmacy? To which I responded," I am the fat sister".

LMAO.... my sister and I have said this same thing!!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    bump for more!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".

Please tell the trainer to go to hell! You are hot!
  • darlingyellow
    darlingyellow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love this...I relate on such a level. <3 Thank you for that story
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ive been getting baby magazines through the mail! Dont know if someone signed me up as a joke or what!

What the?? I wouldn't know how to react to that...find out who it is and give them a swift buttkick perhaps!
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My old boss asked me, "are you going on a trip?" And I replied, " not that I know of, why?" And he said "most people only loss weight when they are going on a holiday somewhere warm" and I just laughed and said nope just sick of me sick and tired
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    That hurt! Did you ask the trainer to go to...?

I *wish* I'd said "You were way hotter before you started talking!" :laugh: but in real life I just looked shocked and said "Really?!"

awwwww some men like the weight, just think maybe u broke his heart:wink:

This!!! Plus can I just say, by your profile pic you are definitely very pretty, so by this trainer's standards, you must have been an absolute knockout before you lost!!!!
  • lkeverett1
    lkeverett1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have definately won the prize for best/funniest response!!:laugh:
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I went to wedding lately with my family. There were many people telling me how much I've lost weight and how much my sister looks the fattest now :P but the strangest or the one that made me the most proudest was when one of my dad'd oldest friends who know me from when I was a 6 year old kid (i'm now nearly 20) went up to my sister and said "hi, its been a long time, where is your older sister?" and my sister replied, right here next to me and he blinked four times in awe. He then said, " she looks soo ugly, how ugly is she, I cant believe it, she looks so ugly, is that her??' I've never been so happy in my life!!! (by the way he found my sister who was fat, very beautiful) :P
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    someone told me i looked quite "tight"

eh compliment i guess but still odd...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so many..I'd rather people not recognize me in order that I don't have to listen to stupid or insensitive comments....my favorite one is "you are wasting away" "don't lose anymore" ...

I get annoyed by comments like that too. I'm sure it's intended with a good heart but they say it as if I have an eating disorder or losing any more weight is going to effect my health negatively.

I'm still clinically overweight for my height so I clearly can lose a bit more quite safely! :smile:

I've gotten that a few times or I'm disappearing. I hardly think I'm disappearing at 225 pounds LOL.
  • AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    Lmao a few weeks ago this jacked bodybuilder dude that lives in my building(that i NEVER tak to) saw me and just stared me in the eyes for like 5 seconds and said .........EAT. and walked away lol. I was really high at the time and laughed for like 3 hours. ahh im a weirdo -_- lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!