Almost 60 pounds in having dinner with a friend:

"You were bigger?"

*shows picture to friend*

"Oh, I guess you were..."

Observant much? :laugh:
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Was visiting my family on Easter weekend. My parents had seen me fairly recently when I'd lost most of my weight - i was a size 8 when I last saw them a few months ago, and i've gone down to a size 6 now (only losing another 5lbs, but due to toning up)

As soon as they saw me my parents said:

My dad : You look great!

My mom: Don't lose anymore weight (and I said i'm not i'm trying to maintain now...)

and then the next day, my mom says to me: You don't have boobs anymore. You should get implants.

:noway:

WTF, seriously?! from my MOM?!?! I was kind of stunned. I don't even really remember what I said. I think i just said no, and then changed the topic...:grumble: :angry:
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    Moms seem to be the worst with the comments... I don't know why.

lol Mine told me, while walking behind me in a store, "huh, your back doesn't eat your shirt anymore." Seriously?! I could have lived a million years and gone without that comment.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    "if you lose any more weight you'll disappear!"
    this was after my first 10 pounds, so it made me feel really good, as I still have a long way to go. :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My dad says nothing about the fact that I've lost weight. He just talks about how much larger I am than my sister, which would suck if I didn't have better fatherly role models in my life. (I mean, there was a time when I weighed in at, like, FOUR TIMES as much as my sister, at a hefty 23 pounds, but we're a lot closer in size these days.)
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a school principal. My administrative assistant says, "Don't lose anymore weight. The parents may think this school is too stressful for you and that's why you're losing weight. I don't want them to think you're sick or stressed out." SMH
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm a school principal. My administrative assistant says, "Don't lose anymore weight. The parents may think this school is too stressful for you and that's why you're losing weight. I don't want them to think you're sick or stressed out." SMH

That's a weird thing to say.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    my husband's friend came over today and I had not seen him in a while, but the first words out of his mouth were, "Don't lose any more weight, it's not healthy." I just looked at him and said, I'm doing it the healthy way, and I've only lost 15/40 pounds so far. I'm glad he noticed the loss, but did he really have to say losing was unhealthy? I was unhealthy BEFORE losing weight!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my husband's friend came over today and I had not seen him in a while, but the first words out of his mouth were, "Don't lose any more weight, it's not healthy." I just looked at him and said, I'm doing it the healthy way, and I've only lost 15/40 pounds so far. I'm glad he noticed the loss, but did he really have to say losing was unhealthy? I was unhealthy BEFORE losing weight!

One of my middle schoolers said that dieting is unhealthy. She didn't say it in response to my weight loss, but a conversation in class.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Carliee, I think it's important to educate that girl on the difference between fad dieting, and making healthy lifestyle changes to improve yourself.
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    Almost 60 pounds in having dinner with a friend:

"You were bigger?"

*shows picture to friend*

"Oh, I guess you were..."

Observant much? :laugh:

At least they weren't judging or looking down on you for your weight :-)
  • CarlieeBear
    Options

One of my middle schoolers said that dieting is unhealthy. She didn't say it in response to my weight loss, but a conversation in class.

Absolutely! It was one of my first days there, but I definitely try to hop in the groups that are discussing healthy eating/lifestyle. A couple of girls have mentioned to me that they're losing weight. I love encouraging MS girls and being healthier is one of my faves!
  • CarlieeBear
    Options

As long as your loss is done at a healthy rate, they shouldn't be concerned and you may just inspire some of them and some of your students and staff to start following a healthier lifestyle!
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    When I was in high school, I lost 10 pounds. I was clothing shopping with my mom and she told the cashier I'd recently lost 10 lbs. The cashier's response was, "Wow! You must have been really big."
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I lost 10 pounds. I was clothing shopping with my mom and she told the cashier I'd recently lost 10 lbs. The cashier's response was, "Wow! You must have been really big."

What a rude cashier.
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My little sister was getting rid of some clothes and she had a men's size small tshirt that I asked if I could keep because i like it and it would be awesome to be able to have it as an inspiration item. (currently in a tightish size medium at 185 lbs with goal of 130-140)

my boyfriend's response: "if you get to the point where you can comfortably wear a small tshirt, i probably wont be attracted to you anymore. that would be too skinny."

well then i guess ill find someone who is attracted to me??
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My little sister was getting rid of some clothes and she had a men's size small tshirt that I asked if I could keep because i like it and it would be awesome to be able to have it as an inspiration item. (currently in a tightish size medium at 185 lbs with goal of 130-140)

my boyfriend's response: "if you get to the point where you can comfortably wear a small tshirt, i probably wont be attracted to you anymore. that would be too skinny."

OMG.. you bet! My husband even now tells me no matter what I weigh I am beautiful to him but I know he will be just as happy when I lose it... lol
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

WOW.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!