Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options
Hi Ladies,

I am a 24 year old, single mother of an amazing little boy :)
For me overeating and NOT working out become very easy specially after becoming a single mother, stress... stress... stress.
I am excited to finally say i grew the courage to start working out!
I will be starting Jillian M. 30Day Shred tonight & will also commit myself to log all my food on here.
I am happy i made this choice and looking forward to the changes.

Can any ladies out there please share with me their before & after pictures success and also written stories if no pictures.
I need more encouragement!
And i am sure seeing all this stories will help me push through all the B.S.

Thanks Ladies & I wish you all the best in LIFE :)

Replies

• alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!

I am on day 13 of 30ds and started level 2 on monday. I'm already down 7lbs and all of my clothes are getting baggy!!!! It's crazy! I have been doing it every single day with no rest days. (some like a rest day, I'm deciding to push myself)

I haven't posted my before and afters but I swear you will start seeing results it's awesome!! Keep it going and SWEAT every day!!!
    You can do it!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting Monday and taking before and after pics and measuring before and after also.
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You should so befriend a friend of mine here starting 30 day shred MOnday. SHE's lost over 130 plus . Awesomesauce I believe is her name. Her real name is RAchel but this is her mfp name.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS in a week and a half! I'm so excited to get going on it, but I have a 5K coming up, and I don't want to be miserably sore through it... :/ Anyway, although she usually annoys the crap out of me, I hear that Jillian gives an amazing kickstart to any weight loss journey. Good for you for deciding to make a change-- for yourself, AND for your son! Let us know how it goes!!
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I've just done day 8. I can already feel and see results - lost 1lb last week. Not re-took photos or measurements but a pair of trousers I wear regularly are now baggier! I will post my results at the end of the 30 days, hopefully.
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 22 and on Level 3, and it doesn't get any easier. But it is worth it I must admit. i will post my pics from what I've took don't know if there's much difference I have lost 4.5lbs so far on it but inches more than anything my jeans are baggy now.

Day 3: WP_000076_zpsd7cc3612.jpg

Day 17: WP_000087_zps869b960a.jpg
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i'm not a gale but i made it to day 6 l1 before i fell off the wagon jm tough good luck
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I actually posted about this earlier about several questions. I put on a pair of jeans that were tight and they are a little looser. im on the 2nd part and it is exhausting. 10 days on this level might not be enough. we will see. i am not sure what i looked like before, but i have a little bit of an hourglass figure going on now. i will see in 20 more days. great luck to you and keep at it. the first one was a great starter and working out almost every day it still was a great workout.
  • orlapmc
    Options
    Where can I find out more abot the 30 day shred. I see alot of people have tried it
  • AnnaSmith27
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used food tins and it did the same trick was like 400g for each, and saved on buying weights.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

you can go to walmart and get a set. i use one now, and when i get stronger ill use 2 and then 5. i think you work your way up, but if you havent done much with your arms, start at 1.
  • CharleneeeA
    CharleneeeA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i started the 30 day shred yesterday and its all available on youtube. you do level 1 for 10 days. level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days.
    check this http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit link they have the 30 day shred plus lo ads of other videos which are free. hope it helps :smile:
  • jgrode1984
    Options
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did 3 rounds of 30 day shred. I seriously owe a lot of my weight loss to that DVD! I would not be where I am at today without it. I love that DVD. That workout is what gave me what shape I have now...I was just a big round blob before :) I am 6 days away from my first round of her ripped in 30 workout. Feel free to add me.
  • jgrode1984
    Options

I have 3 lb and just bought a set of 5 lb for when I'm ready to move up. The 3 lb seems to be a good starting weight. If you feel like they are too heavy after doing the first day, you can always just use two soup cans until you build up enough strength :)
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30DS. I have been completely lost on this weight loss thing. I am 26, 167 lbs 5'5" and eat around 1500/day. I go to the gym with a friend 3x a week and use a hrm and average 300-450 burn in 45mins. I usually eat back exercise calories even though it does not make sense to me. If I do 30DS should I eat back the exercise calories? It seems I shouldn't since it's more of a burn. I need help and friends!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels Body revolution program and it was amazing.
    Take a look at my before and almost after photos on my page. Its a group of 4- my beginning photo-after one round of JIllian michaels body rev (3 months) then the 3 photo is after my second round - last photo is after 2 months of insanity; I am back and doing round 3 of Body Rev. and can't wait to see the results she is AMAZING. You can't go wrong with JIllian. Body revolution is a little $ but worth every penny, and its just a half hour a day so definitely something ANYONE can stick with! Her Ripped in 30 is also good I like it a little more then 30ds and Killer abs is awesome too.
    Lift as heavy as you can, the heavier the better. I used 3-5s and 8s now i try to use my 10's 12's and 15s.
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 2/3 of the way through; just started Level 3. It's an amazing workout, I'm very pleased with my results so far. I do it ~ 4 days a week and I usually do each level 12-15 times (3-4 weeks) so it's taking longer than 30 days but I like to mix it up with a couple of cardio sessions or pilates and I usually have a rest day each week.

I have a few photos in my pics. Haven't lost that much weight but have dropped at least one dress size and inches all over.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Jillian is using 3 lb. weights. I did level 1 and 2 with 5 pound weights (I didn't know) and some exercises were fine, others made me feel like my arms were going to rip from their sockets. I am restarting in the next day or two and plan to mix up the threes and fives.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!