Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I did 60 days of 30 DS. Five days on, weekends off. One week at level one, two weeks at level two and final week at level three.

During this time I lost 15lbs and 17inches.
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?
    I have the fives at home (started yesterday) These are fine for most of the exercises. One of them I had to only use one. I think I am going to go and get 3 or 4's today so I can complete the exercise with the right form. Looking forward to increasing weight in a week or so. This may be too optomistic ;)
  • ebonytoombs
    Options
    I am 25 years old and I have one child. I have been working a job sitting at a desk for over a year now and believe it or not. I gained 20 pounds in the last year!! I only want to loose at least 15 of the 20 that I gained and I think I am ready to start the 30DS. I have cut back on my calories and I work out 4 times a week right now. But I plan on getting back into my 2 Piece come may. I will be ordering my gear for the 30DS Friday!! Wish Me Luck! :wink:
  • jfus14
    jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have posted in some other Shred Threads. I am day 23 now and I have lost 8.2lbs so far and a ton of inches. I am also doing Weight Watchers at the same time. I have nothing but raves about 30 day shred!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you can handle. When I first started 30DS a year and a half ago I could only do 3lbs, then worked my way up to 3lbs for some and 5lbs for some, and now I can do it with 8lbs for some and 5lbs for some. It all depends....if it hurts stop using that type of weight and go lower...but keep trying, and you'll be able to build up the weight used! :)
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Anyone find that level 2 is hard on the knees??? I am on day 2 of level 2 and finished my workout with serious knee pain today!!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I am 25 years old and I have one child. I have been working a job sitting at a desk for over a year now and believe it or not. I gained 20 pounds in the last year!! I only want to loose at least 15 of the 20 that I gained and I think I am ready to start the 30DS. I have cut back on my calories and I work out 4 times a week right now. But I plan on getting back into my 2 Piece come may. I will be ordering my gear for the 30DS Friday!! Wish Me Luck! :wink:

You can get it for free on youtube!!!
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yes I have just finished day5 level 2 and am having knee pain not as bad as level 1 following Anita still modified moves it seems to ease a little after 8th day see how I go or need to take advil
  • melissadratliff
    Options
    I just started yesterday and my tailbone is soooo sore. Gotta love those lunges.
  • XkatnipX
    Options
    So how many calories did you guys eat?
    Im on 1350 net calories & eat back all my calories. Enough?
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm 53 and I just I finished level 1 day 7 this morning. I was able to handle all of the advance moves. I use 5 pound weights except for the side lunges, lighter for those. I started at a pretty solid level of fitness...I've been a runner for years, and have done a zillion squats over the past couple of years. BUT, the lunges got me! I was sore for 5 days. I've run a couple of marathons and have not been that sore after running 26.2 miles!

After the first week, I gained 3 pounds. I was so disappointed. But I'm definitely noticing changes in my body. The dress pants I wore to work yesterday were baggy to the point that I felt kind of dumpy in them. Today's pants were tight two weeks ago, they fit perfectly now. I'll get back on the scale on Friday and see what it says.

The bottom line is, though, that I'm seeing results!!
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I will be completing day 8, level 1, today. I will begin level 2 on Friday. I feel great. I neglected to take before pictures! I took pictures when I started my journey on Jan. 7, but started the shred on Jan. 22. I guess it will have to be accurate enough to see some progress. It's the first exercise I started since the journey stared, so it will have to do. Good luck on your journey! Will be stalking this thread to see everyone's progress.
  • Leighshroom
    Options
    Started the 30DS yesterday - I am so sore! I'm not very fit as it is but I'm definitely giving this my best shot. I'm using 5lb weights and am hoping that by the end of it all my fitness overall will be a lot better, oh and of course, a flatter tummy! ;)
  • amy709
    amy709 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use different weights for different exercises!!
    So just use whatever is most comfortable for you :) Your body will tell you!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1 . My question is do you do it every day or do you do it every other day.
    Cause I'm thinking of doing it every other day and on my off days doing the C25K . What do you guys think.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1 . My question is do you do it every day or do you do it every other day.
    Cause I'm thinking of doing it every other day and on my off days doing the C25K . What do you guys think.

You need to have at least one rest day a week to allow your body to recover, aside from that if you want to combine it with other exercise go for it. I did five days 30DS with weekends off.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did my first round of 30DS in September and busted out of my plateau, losing 10 pounds in that 30 days and 12 inches. Tomorrow I finish my second round of it. I haven't weighed or taken measurements yet, but I'm sure I'll see some results- just perhaps not as good as last time. I was doing a lot of running in September as well.

I use 5, 8, and even 10 pound weights for the videos. However, the shoulder raises on level 1 ( I think it's level 1), I used 3lbs..those are killers.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    When I reply to certain posts why doesn't it ever show up?
    select "quote" instead of "reply"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!