Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I so needed to see your result pics! I plan on starting Monday and need to lose some of the waist/love handle area as well so I hope it works for me in the same way! Thanks!
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

I wouldn't use 5lbs - I did and hurt myself! Too heavy/!

it just depends how fit you are before starting.. i've done 30DS before, did a month and a half of insanity, and have been working out on my own, so i am using 5lb weights.. its difficult but i love it.
  • LizzCallahan
    LizzCallahan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did level 1, day 1, today with cans of refried beans for weights. It completely kicked my butt. I thought I was going to throw up when I finished. Then it hit me that this is the EASIEST level. I'm pathetically out of shape, but I'm not going to be anymore! Anyone who is just starting who wants to add me to support each other, please, do.
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg

WOW! May I ask how you got those results?

Hi,
    Someone asked me the same question and literally it is all down to Jillian, I mainly did the beginner's exercises as I found the more advanced moves abit too much for me even at this stage in the game. Because of my weight I mainly survived on 1600 calories a day. I did have a few bad days where I had treats and didn't even count calories. So it is possible. Oh and I have only been the gym like 3 times and that was to do treadmill. No weights other than using tins instead of weights for the dvd :D hope that helped.
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 day 6 today & I'm seeing no results :(
    If anything I feel bigger. Is it too early to see anything?

Yeah too early to see results and trust me I felt that way. Maybe day 10-13 I started noticing a little change within myself and ability to do certain exercises more easily. Take pictures because it's what helped me too push through.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    WOWOWOWOW!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping to get out of 30DS! You look awesome. About to go do day 3 now, since I think my late lunch is digested enough!! You look amazing!
  • Nightlotus
    Options
    I used to do 30ds, i knew the words by heart but still did it. lol When i got the the really hard parts I'd just look at Jillian and say some choice words.. it's funny now that i think about it, it worked well for me.
  • feneticl
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for that link. Much appreciated.
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am starting February 1st and I am very excited, Thanks everyone for sharing your success stories and photos . I love hearing and seeing people transformiations. It's so inspiring!
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 day 6 today & I'm seeing no results :(
    If anything I feel bigger. Is it too early to see anything?

I gained 4 lbs at some point during the first 10 days, and was up 1.4 lbs when I started level 2 on day 11. However, I had lost an inch. On Day 15, yesterday actually, I was down .4 lbs, and 2 more inches. Today, Day 16, I'm down a full pound from when I started.

Give it time! :)
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 4 level 1.. This is the 2nd time I have dont it.. The first time I lost 12 pounds and A LOT of inches... It is an awesome video!!! I did not take any rest days before and dont plan on it this time either!!! If it is to hard for you do what you can, but keep moving!!! Good LUCK!!!!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Where can I find out more abot the 30 day shred. I see alot of people have tried it

WALMART! FOR LIKE 9-12 BUCKS

Its also FREE on YouTube!
  • Black_Widow1976
    Black_Widow1976 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Where can I find out more abot the 30 day shred. I see alot of people have tried it

WALMART! FOR LIKE 9-12 BUCKS

Its also FREE on YouTube!

download it off a torrent site and its still free...lol
  • S_from_Wndrlnd
    Options
    I start the 30 Day Shred tonight...I hope I get so amazing results too :)
    Good luck ladies :)
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    2 lb. weights are good to start with, then after awhile I could switch to 5 lb. weights for a lot of the workout. Sometimes I switch between the two in the middle of a workout. Still working on getting "good" at level one before moving on to level two. Not exactly doing it like she suggests, but I really like the workout.
  • riikka12
    riikka12 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used 4lbs weights, I always thought she used 5 lbs weights, no wonder my arms were really getting a workout! I think 4 is a good set, not too light but not too heavy. Day 25, 8 more days to go :) I'm added a few more days to level 2.
  • bmi20SE
    bmi20SE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i had my 5th baby 5 months ago, i want to try this but im afraid of medical prolapse due to all the jumping...

Any thoughts about it?
  • wickedbrunette
    Options
    BMI20 se...I had my daughter a little over 4 months ago. I feel fine doing it, no pain. BUT I'm not able to ask a doctor (no insurance). If you are worried and you can ask you OB definitely check with him/her to see if your body is ready.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hello guys,
    i will start the 30 days shred soon.. did you change your calorie intake for it? or just went along with the same eating intake
  • bmi20SE
    bmi20SE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BMI20 se...I had my daughter a little over 4 months ago. I feel fine doing it, no pain. BUT I'm not able to ask a doctor (no insurance). If you are worried and you can ask you OB definitely check with him/her to see if your body is ready.

thanks for the input!
    ye I did the exam at 8 weeks after labour and my OB told me I could start working out in a slow tempo and just listen to my body....
    Thats 3 months ago, I should be ready but its still scary incase im not...

I actually moved after that so I dont actually got another OB, not really feeling comfortable enough getting a new one right now, like its not the nicest thing in the world going to see your OB
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!