Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Lvl 1 and some exercises are a breeze while others I want to die. I'm using 3# weights but am going to increase to 5# for the chest flys today. I did take off 1 day (Thursday) but I hit the gym for my lifting circuit so I don't feel too badly about it. I'm gonna have problems next Thursday though when I have to spend all day @ Children's Hosp and no gym access.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im using 3kg weights. I only have 1kgs other then those so thats about 2lb I think for the lightest ones. They are too light but the 3kgs are just about right for me. I have a pair of jogging trousers that used to fit now they fall down when I wear them for the workout so I must be smaller! I had uk size 10 jeans that didnt get past my butt, now they go on and are about 3 inches from buttons meeting. They will do up one day! Im on level 2 day 18 by the way
  • selflove916
    Options
    Hey there!!!

I am on day 13 of 30ds and started level 2 on monday. I'm already down 7lbs and all of my clothes are getting baggy!!!! It's crazy! I have been doing it every single day with no rest days. (some like a rest day, I'm deciding to push myself)

I haven't posted my before and afters but I swear you will start seeing results it's awesome!! Keep it going and SWEAT every day!!!
    You can do it!

That is amazing!!!!!
  • selflove916
    Options
    Here are mine:

24720160_6264.jpg
    24720160_608.jpg

It's completely worth while, I'd recommend it to anyone. However I'd also recommend taking progress photos and not going by the scale! I'm 1lb heavier in my after pic than my before pic.

omg! you look amazing :) I cant wait to see results. thanks for posting :)
  • sopheeclare
    sopheeclare Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have 5 days left to do of the shred, but the following photo is the progress from day 1 to day 21, hope it works..

Please excuse the fact they are underwear photos, i hope that is okay

http://s9.postimage.org/sxs7vd28f/Elisesparty8.jpg
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just recently completed the 30 DS (it took me 54 days, I took off a week for Christmas, was sick, lazy, etc..) I lost 17.6 lbs and went from a tight size 14 to a comfortable sie 13/tight size 12. I hate Jillian lol, but it really works for me. My advice is once you do it once, put on some music and turn Jillian down :)
  • selflove916
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS in a week and a half! I'm so excited to get going on it, but I have a 5K coming up, and I don't want to be miserably sore through it... :/ Anyway, although she usually annoys the crap out of me, I hear that Jillian gives an amazing kickstart to any weight loss journey. Good for you for deciding to make a change-- for yourself, AND for your son! Let us know how it goes!!

I wish you luck on you 5k. you sound like you have a plan, and I am sure you will pull through with it :) and yes, it was about time I did something :) thanks for the support.
  • selflove916
    Options
    Where can I find out more abot the 30 day shred. I see alot of people have tried it

WALMART! FOR LIKE 9-12 BUCKS
  • selflove916
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

I THINK 5LB SHOULD BE FINE, I DID MY DAY 1 LAST NIGHT AND THE INTENSITY OF THE 5LB ARE JUST RIGHT, I THINK 2LB MAY BE TOO LILTTLE AND 10 WAY TOONMUCH FOR BEGINERS. KEEP AT IT WITH THE 5LB :)
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for 30DS to come in the mail and I have some questions for y'all - 1) is the idea that you are supposed to do this dvd every single day for 30 days? Or every other day or something? 2) why does Jillian say a workout is 20 minutes but the clock says it's 27? How many minutes of exercise do you log? Thanks!
  • sarisummer
    Options
    If you are just starting out I would recommend the lighter weights first. You don't want to injure yourself, but if you feel you can handle the 5 pounds then it's worth it. I used soup cans first, then 2 lbs., then 5 lbs. Good luck!
  • selflove916
    Options
    Hi! I did 3 rounds of 30 day shred. I seriously owe a lot of my weight loss to that DVD! I would not be where I am at today without it. I love that DVD. That workout is what gave me what shape I have now...I was just a big round blob before :) I am 6 days away from my first round of her ripped in 30 workout. Feel free to add me.

OMG! that is awesome! keep up the great work, thanks for the motivation :)
  • selflove916
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg

omg girl! you look amazing, what a big change! I am starting to get excited to continue this :) tonight is my day 2... keep up the great work!!
  • selflove916
    Options
    I'm using 2.5lb weights and am on my 2nd day. Will let you know how it goes :smile:

:)
  • selflove916
    Options
    I would like to THANK all you ladies for taking the time our your busy life's to post :)
    this is an amazing web site and I am glad I joyed, I am looking forward to the changes!
    Wish you all good luck on all your journeys...
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for 30DS to come in the mail and I have some questions for y'all - 1) is the idea that you are supposed to do this dvd every single day for 30 days? Or every other day or something? 2) why does Jillian say a workout is 20 minutes but the clock says it's 27? How many minutes of exercise do you log? Thanks!

I was waiting for mine in the mail when I learned that it's on youtube (BeFit channel) and managed to start ~9days before I got the DVD. Look into it!

There is a short intro, warm-up, and a post-workout stretch that take up the extra time. Most people log it as circuit training. I have ffwd thru the vid to learn the times of each level and recorded the strength as circuit, the cardio as aerobics, the abs as "calisthenics", plus the stretching. But, at the end of the day, those calcs all end up about the same as just logging it as circuit training.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg

WOW! May I ask how you got those results?
  • dejastar
    dejastar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have this DVD, and I am going to do it today. I have been lurking, but I need to move more to kick start my weight loss again. I have 3 lbs weights and was fine.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is about a week into it. I start the second level of the shred today! :D
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 6, level 1. Today was my weigh in..I am down 2lbs. I am on 1200 cals a day, plus I when I track this as 20 minutes of circuit training, I get 212 back. The first series of cardio is the hardest for me. The push ups, jumping jacks and jumprope are a tough combination.. I use 2lb weights, but am going to start using a little heavier for some moves. I also watch it on youtube. Day 2,3 and 4 my legs were really sore. But, day 5 they were much better. I didn't do measurements. I already feel like I have less jiggle in my legs during the exercises. GOOD LUCK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!